Taking the Run Game to the Next Level | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taking the Run Game to the Next Level

Does anyone seriously believe that Grier will magically be able to build an above-average tough, physical o-line this off-season after years and years of being woefully inept when it comes to the o-line? IMO, it's going to be just like last year; Grier and McDaniel are going to say that they're not concerned with the o-line. They probably think that once the injured guys are better, everything will be just fine.

As for the running game, McDaniel has a habit of going away from it even when it's working because he loves the big passing plays more, so I expect him to continue that. IOW, I have no faith in Grier or McDaniel to fix the o-line and improve the running game.
There were times when the offensive line was actually pretty darn physical. Williams and Hunt are physical players. It's there to some degree, but needs to get better.

My personal favorite drives this year were the end of the Jets game where, with mostly backups, the Dolphins ran the ball down the Jets throats. Against Denver, Miami also had an all run drive.

To your point, it's a matter of committing to it more. I hope McDaniel will, but I'm also not sure.

There were times when the offensive line was actually pretty darn physical. Williams and Hunt are physical players. It's there to some degree, but needs to get better.

My personal favorite drives this year were the end of the Jets game where, with mostly backups, the Dolphins ran the ball down the Jets throats. Against Denver, Miami also had an all run drive.

To your point, it's a matter of committing to it more. I hope McDaniel will, but I'm also not sure.
I agree brother on if he will commit to the running game and the TE as he says is the next phase. My own opinion is he was stuck on Tyrek getting all those yards. :ffic:

Need some new OL and actually commit to the run. Our RB by committee is really good. Mostert, Achane, Wilson, and Brooks is about as solid as you can make it without breaking the bank. It's ironic how Mcdaniel was touted as a RB scheme guru and yet doesn't trust or commit to the run in obvious running situations! That makes me think he doesn't trust the OL, which is unacceptable and needs to be addressed (for what seems like the 15th year in a row saying this).

When it’s the only objective, yes.

Also when you have McDaniel in the building, it boosts the prospects of him finding the guys he needs to make his OL work.

Also taking into the consideration how strong the IOL prospects are in this class the answer is yes.
I love it an actual glint of optimism!

We will have the opportunity to revamp the interior oline. We just have to get the right guys. Even one pro bowl caliber guard would change this offense. Our coaches can scheme to provide better blocking but just imagine if we had a legit line
it would be a sin not to improve the middle of the offensive line with this draft

Need some new OL and actually commit to the run. Our RB by committee is really good. Mostert, Achane, Wilson, and Brooks is about as solid as you can make it without breaking the bank. It's ironic how Mcdaniel was touted as a RB scheme guru and yet doesn't trust or commit to the run in obvious running situations! That makes me think he doesn't trust the OL, which is unacceptable and needs to be addressed (for what seems like the 15th year in a row saying this).
Agree with this. I do think he wants to run more. I'm not sure he'll stick to it ad nauseum when it's working well. Maybe??

I agree but that run game & defense philosophy to beat Mahomes doesn’t match how we’re building the team.

Look another year down the road… If salary cap goes up to ~$260M in 2025, we resign Tua for $50M, and pick up 5th year option on Waddle for $15M, the Tua-Hill-Waddle trio will count for around $100M of that.

I don’t know how we build a team around running game and defense when 3 players that contribute to the pass game soak up almost 40% of the cap.

Depending on what happens with Hunt and how many of Miami's F/A OLinemen they can resign; might dictate how early and how often the draft one.

If Miami is able to bring back the majority of their own F/A OLinemen, it could mean they wait until round two to select one.

Another thing to think about, will Miami spend big on an OLinemen during F/A especially if Hunt leaves as many are speculating.

Until the Oline situation is sorted out, the run game and how McDaniel plans on taking it to the next level, remains to be seen.

Depending on what happens with Hunt and how many of Miami's F/A OLinemen they can resign; might dictate how early and how often the draft one.

If Miami is able to bring back the majority of their own F/A OLinemen, it could mean they wait until round two to select one.

Another thing to think about, will Miami spend big on an OLinemen during F/A especially if Hunt leaves as many are speculating.
Brother Jerry bringing back our Offensive linemen is that the best thing for the team? By that I think we need to retain the right ones, and bring in upgrades to this unit. :ffic:

Brother Jerry bringing back our Offensive linemen is that the best thing for the team? By that I think we need to retain the right ones, and bring in upgrades to this unit. :ffic:
Of course. But the depth Miami had along the OLine last year, provided enough to keep the run game consistent, up until late in the season. If you lose that depth, you can argue you lose the run game as well, once injuries start happening.

Of course. But the depth Miami had along the OLine last year, provided enough to keep the run game consistent, up until late in the season.
Provided enough. Key phrase brother. I hope the team realizes this unit has been suffering and sacrificed for too long and needs to be the main focus as well as the defensive line. :ffic:

Provided enough. Key phrase brother. I hope the team realizes this unit has been suffering and sacrificed for too long and needs to be the main focus as well as the defensive line. :ffic:
Agreed. But almost every teams suffers at positions due to lack of depth. Miami was able to play well, even when they were down to third string. Where Miami needs to improve is aLG and Center the two positions that were most affected by injuries.

Of course. But the depth Miami had along the OLine last year, provided enough to keep the run game consistent, up until late in the season. If you lose that depth, you can argue you lose the run game as well, once injuries start happening.
Brother thanks for being a great family member here. We are a better site for it. I always enjoy our conversations sir. :ffic:

Back
Top Bottom