Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill is not a winner, folks!!!

it's less than $20, send me your address, or do you have paypal? I will pay it for you!

Tannehill has regressed because the offense around him is regressing. Think about it. Jake Long is getting worse by the week. You can tell Tannehill feels a lot more uncomfortable in the pocket the last few weeks than when he was in early October. Long is going to get Tannehill killed. Martin is regressing, he's starting to get beat a lot as well. Incognito and all his boneheaded penalties is killing the offense's momentum, pushing Miami back, putting Tannehill in 3rd and longs. Reggie Bush has obviously regressed as well... fumbling, dancing, giving himself up easily instead of running over defenders, just ineffective out there. Hartline, again regressing. Missing in action most of the time, pushing off or fumbling. I mean if the offense is crumbling around you, it's hard to expect Tannehill to continue play great. Against Tennessee and Buffalo, Tannehill seemed to be trying to do too much and was forcing passes cause I guess he saw no one else on offense was doing anything to make a play. Offensive line has got to get better...I think that happens by getting rid of Long next season.

best post including my own so far...

His oline regressed, horribly. That attributes to Miami's abysmal run game. Tannehill doesnt have near as enough time as he did from weeks 2-4. Its evident hes lost trust in his protections. Miami uses too much max pass protect in too many long down and distances. Less weapons for Tannehill to complete those, and with no run game you can load the box and drop 6 or more in coverage.

A wide open receiver is a wide open receiver. Tannehill was not hit nor rushed on his missed throws to Bush or Clay. He just failed to deliver the ball to the correct spot on throws he has to make. What happened on previous plays does not matter. All of your statements have no bearing on those two throws. When he can make those throws consistently, then he has improved.

So essentially you're saying, when it comes to being "losers" we all should yield to your in-depth expertise, eh?

Agreed -

And maybe we should have stashed him like GB did Rodgers - and then we would have a "franchise" QB to gloat about for 3 years

You do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DEVLIN,,,,,,,,, Read it now, beleive it later, Next year Tanny goes down and Devlin comes in like Brady did for Bledsoe and history will be written!!!

How many games did Peyton Manning win his first year?

Oh yea....

Here comes the, "so now Tannehill is Peyton Manning" response. Wait for it. It's coming. :lol:

All these whiners complaining about Tannehill just need to stfu already. It's as if they JUST started watching football yesterday.

BREAKING NEWS: QBs take time to develop.

We're in the middle of the season. Teams have alot of film on Tannehill, and they've made adjustments. Now it's time for the coaching staff to help him adjust and acclimate further. A franchise QB microwave doesn't exist. This is how QBs are developed, you morons. I guess everyone just forgot the guy is very raw on top of that.

Just stfu....pretty please.

Here comes the, "so now Tannehill is Peyton Manning" response. Wait for it. It's coming. :lol:

All these whiners complaining about Tannehill just need to stfu already. It's as if they JUST started watching football yesterday.

BREAKING NEWS: QBs take time to develop.

We're in the middle of the season. Teams have alot of film on Tannehill, and they've made adjustments. Now it's time for the coaching staff to help him adjust and acclimate further. A franchise QB microwave doesn't exist. This is how QBs are developed, you morons. I guess everyone just forgot the guy is very raw on top of that.

Just stfu....pretty please.

No The better response is despite losing Manning displayed playmaking ability by throwing 26 TD passes. Tannehill has not demostrated that type of playmaking ability to this point. However, I was thinking about the Rams game yesterday. That was the game where I was becoming a huge believer. Despit our lack of talent Tannehill made enough plays to win the game. He also was able to by some time with his legs and hit some WR's with some nice passes while he was on the move. I haven;t seen that in the last 3 games, maybe the injury is bothering him more than we know. Not making excuses, just crossed my mind yesterday.

No The better response is despite losing Manning displayed playmaking ability by throwing 26 TD passes. Tannehill has not demostrated that type of playmaking ability to this point. However, I was thinking about the Rams game yesterday. That was the game where I was becoming a huge believer. Despit our lack of talent Tannehill made enough plays to win the game. He also was able to by some time with his legs and hit some WR's with some nice passes while he was on the move. I haven;t seen that in the last 3 games, maybe the injury is bothering him more than we know. Not making excuses, just crossed my mind yesterday.

Manning also had a H of F receiver and rb.

But people compare him to Manning. Manning is a future HOFer. And when people make comparisons they look at INTs and not TDs and passing yards etc. It is cherry picking. Among those cherry pickings are that based on INTs Manning was worse. And based on INTs it was really not Manning but who he threw to. He threw his TDs and INTs to the same group of receivers all year. But INTs more often then not come with the ability of throwing deep passes. A QB like Manning, Marino, Rodgers, Favre etc are gun slingers. They take the chance deep more than the average QB. With that risk comes a higher number of INTs but the rewards (TDs, long gains) usually are worth the risk.
I would guess that over half the people here talking about Manning have never seen the guy play in 98. I did. Unless the games with the Dolphins crossed Indy was shown quite frequently in South FL. Back then Indy was in the AFC East. The Jets and Pats were the door mats. Manning threw the ball deep in his rookie year as often as Marino in his latter years. If you want to compare Tannehill to Manning you have to wait until Tannehill throws it 8, 9 10 times and more per game deep.

Those who think Tannehill is our franchise QB already compare him to Manning. What is to say that the nay-sayers can not compare him to Ryan Leaf who was selected right behind Manning at #2 and never amounted to anything? But these are two extremes and neither is a true indicator of Tannehill. I think a comparison within Tannehill's range would be much better and fairer to Tannehill. Manning is a true pocket passer who can dissect a defense with his arm strength. Tannehill is not and cannot. QBs coming out of college today are different athletes. You can not compare them (or the other way around) with the Mannings, Marinos, Kellys etc.

If you want to compare Tannehill to a starting QB why go over 14 years back when the understanding of a franchise QB was different than today?

Well its still pretty silly that you and several other posters get bent out of shape when we compare Tannehill to Manning as far as striggling his rookie season. Manning wasn't on a protected list that I know of that limits us fans from using him or any rookie QB as a guage,whether you like it or not.Its not like we are going back in the 70's or 80's.

Back
Top Bottom