Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game

If someone could actually show me a highlight where Tannehill says go go and does not run or says go and actually does run then I will stop thinking about this. But I started paying attention after half-time and I kid you not the speculation is for real.

I have a question!

I am a Displaced Dolphins fan living in Chicago. I just got NFL rewind because I don't get any games here except MNF and Thursday Night. After watching all three games so far I have noticed something and I am sure many other people have as well. The wife actually watched the whole game with me. I was able to tell to her every time the Dolphins snapped the ball if it was a run or a pass. He would even do it on play action. If I can do this from my lounge chair they could definitely do it on the field I think. "GO" was a pass "GO GO" was a run!

The Question I have is, Does this make a difference in the game or not? And if it does why don't they change it?

Please have useful answers! Snide remarks don't help anyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not run, run run its go, go go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

The go ahead TD is all I need to know about this whole cadence tipping off the defense thing...

Ryan clearly yelled GO once which meant pass. Every single ATL defender attacked the line in defense of a run. Its not a big deal...

I am a Displaced Dolphins fan living in Chicago. I just got NFL rewind because I don't get any games here except MNF and Thursday Night. After watching all three games so far I have noticed something and I am sure many other people have as well. The wife actually watched the whole game with me. I was able to tell to her every time the Dolphins snapped the ball if it was a run or a pass. He would even do it on play action. If I can do this from my lounge chair they could definitely do it on the field I think. "GO" was a pass "GO GO" was a run!

The Question I have is, Does this make a difference in the game or not? And if it does why don't they change it?

Please have useful answers! Snide remarks don't help anyone!

I live in western illinois and i found out that if you go to amazon you can buy madden anniversary edition bundled wth NFL Sunday Ticket. You get an access code and cant watch the games live on your computer or tablet or phone. You do not have to be a direct tv customer to use it either. Got it for this season and it works pretty well.

I did the madden thing with Sunday ticket... It sucks

Sometimes you can't even get in this last game they didn't even have the game on pc only tablet and that Sven sucked coukdnt see a thing

The go ahead TD is all I need to know about this whole cadence tipping off the defense thing...

Ryan clearly yelled GO once which meant pass. Every single ATL defender attacked the line in defense of a run. Its not a big deal...

I agree that it's not a big deal, but it seems weird. Why would you do that? In a league where you don't want the opponent to have any advantage no matter how slight, why telegraph your plays? I don't think it has cost us anything, but it's just weird.

Was at game live so did not hear the cadence but just did on NFL replay and I agree, I only heard one GO.

Omar mentioned this on WQAM, probably a good indication he's lurking here. Said he thinks its affecting the running game. I wonder how long before it becomes a big thing in the media? If we do get to the playoffs or, heaven forbid, the Superbowl, two of Philbins innovations will be scrutinized to death:
1. Go-Go=run
2. Thursdays off

Back
Top Bottom