Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game

The second they recognize if it is a Go or a Go Go, it's too late to react anyway. The ball is allready snapped. So, I don't think it's a big deal if true.

This also can work in our favor as the season progresses and we switch it up.

If anything this would lead to all single GO plays gaining advantages as players will freeze in hopes of hearing the second GO-GO, or players will hear the first GO take half a step forward/backward and on the second GO-GO....out of position.

I was just thinking the same thing! The first go can actually create alot of offsides penatlies. I believe Clevalend had two last week.
If anything this would lead to all single GO plays gaining advantages as players will freeze in hopes of hearing the second GO-GO, or players will hear the first GO take half a step forward/backward and on the second GO-GO....out of position.

Eh you never know it could just be luck that they seemed to have our gameplan on all of those plays. Maybe they get no advantage from it but I sure hope they have, otherwise they had another way of knowing what plays we were running. In fact the overwhelming majority of our success came when Tannehill was in the gun or running silent counts and on the plays with the GO, GO GO we had very little success. Call it what you want but I believe the OP is onto something here.

Eh you never know it could just be luck that they seemed to have our gameplan on all of those plays. Maybe they get no advantage from it but I sure hope they have, otherwise they had another way of knowing what plays we were running. In fact the overwhelming majority of our success came when Tannehill was in the gun or running silent counts and on the plays with the GO, GO GO we had very little success. Call it what you want but I believe the OP is onto something here.
I actually think its a distraction to the opposing team if they focus on that instead of focussing on whats actually going on on the field..

I actually think its a distraction to the opposing team if they focus on that instead of focussing on whats actually going on on the field..

I can see how it could be, but it certainly wasn't in the Cleveland game. Maybe we'll look to take advantage of it in coming games but the Cleveland game wasn't like that.

Pretty sure I heard the browns humming this song.

[video=youtube;LD1BWcf8vhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD1BWcf8vhE[/video]

I don't know if it did help the browns or not but it's still not a good thing if they knew what was coming on all those plays. Having said that, if the oline blocks better we'll be able to run it but it is harder when they keep on stacking the LOS for most of the game.

Ozzy rules!!

If "GO GO" tells them it's a run even *most* of the time, then *most* of the time they will be ready to beat our running backs - not a good thing no matter how you want to spin it.

When they bite on playaction it should work out for the better for the Dolphins don't you think? The offensive coaches have to be aware of it if us goonies on a message board can hear the cadence.

I looked for it today and noticed it every time.

A single GO was always a pass.

GO GO was always a run.

There were several play action passes off of the single GO. If the D becomes aware of this, they should never bite on the play fake.

Back
Top Bottom