Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB)

So it's only his last five that get taken into consideration?

Well, we do already know what he has done the whole season so far (Nice season so far actually), over 62% comp percentage, thrown for over 3600 yards (on pace to only be the 2nd QB in Miami history to throw for 4000 yards), thrown for 23 Tds against 14 ints (9 more TDs then INts is pretty darn good).

Looking at how he has done in crunch time is actually a good thing, considering we have normally been a pretty bad team around this time since Marino hung them up.

I changed it because I think 1.) it turns something obviously meant to insult others into a joke, and 2.) to really show people how little that word adds to a discussion.

Fair enough sir.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Well, we do already know what he has done the whole season so far (Nice season so far actually), over 62% comp percentage, thrown for over 3600 yards (on pace to only be the 2nd QB in Miami history to throw for 4000 yards), thrown for 23 Tds against 14 ints (9 more TDs then INts is pretty darn good).

Looking at how he has done in crunch time is actually a good thing, considering we have normally been a pretty bad team around this time since Marino hung them up.
I support the guy, and think he's done a reasonably good job overall.

to be fair, I dont' think "homer" adds to a discussion either. there were just too many issues with changing it to marsha.

You don't get to cherry pick games.

I'm a Tannehill supporter, but this sort of stuff is hogwash.

First off, these "most crucial" games would not have been so
"Crucial" if MIA had won beaten the 4 win Bucs, or a 4th string QB in Buffalo.

Who was QB then? Don't "Franchise" QBs win those games?

Why do you act like this? If someone is trying to point something out like improvements in the last 5 games, then why would they have to go back further than that?

And youre right they wouldnt be so crucial had it not been for some blown games, but why you bring that up for any other reason than being a **** is beyong me.

And do you think all franchise QBs win every game? If so I guess there's only one franchise QB in the history of the NFL in your eyes? There's certainly no undefeated QBs this season and some franchise QBs that have lost to inferior teams.

Youre arguements have become ridiculous.

Yesterday was the first time he's thrown 3 td's and no picks in a game I believe. I've been waiting for that for a long time.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

this is why we don't just look at #s, he wasn't very good at NYJ or at Pitt. Numbers VERY misleading, he was excellent yesterday though. Carolina, only led O to 16 pts and zero in 2nd half. if not for blocked FG his INT would have led to 3 pts.

Most importantly he played really well in your biggest game yesterday but don't be fooled by nice #s.

Actually he played very well at Pittsburgh IMO. He responded in key moments of the game ( right after the Polamalu INT and again after Pittsburgh took the lead late) by leading his team down the field and getting us the points we needed. I said earlier in the season that I wasn't sure I trusted him in high pressure situations late in the game, but the improvement has been obvious to anyone who is really paying attention. With each game You can see his confidence growing and I now feel like we at least have a chance against just about anyone if they take the lead against us late. # 17 definitely deserves props for his continuing evolution into a true franchise quarterback. That's something we haven't seen around here since the days of Mr. Marino :)

this is why we don't just look at #s, he wasn't very good at NYJ or at Pitt. Numbers VERY misleading, he was excellent yesterday though. Carolina, only led O to 16 pts and zero in 2nd half. if not for blocked FG his INT would have led to 3 pts.

Most importantly he played really well in your biggest game yesterday but don't be fooled by nice #s.

Did you watch the Pitt game? He's the reason we won. Played his @ss off in the snow. Don't forget the runs he had too.

Quit hating he's Killen right now numbers actually don't lie 4-1 10 tds and 3 picks and 1,421 yards in the most crucial games of the season by a mile is what I see and that's pro bowl level. Oh and don't forget about also having the worst o-line in the league, that's pretty big (no pun intended)

No he is not, he was a huge reason you won yesterday(along w/ a great defensive effort) but last 5 wins:

Cincy: D scored 9 pts including GW safety in OT
SD: played well but D heled SD to 16 pts
NYJ: D shut us down, WRs made big plays. Ryan kept us in that game
Pitt: INT for TD, kept Pitt in game. D shut down Pitt 4 and out after Mia took the lead after a great long run and a great individual effort on a short pass.

LMAO !!!! Such a hypocrite. All of this coming from the guy that swore Mr Buttfumble was the real deal because he led a run team with an awesome OL and maybe the best defense in the league those years to a couple of meaningless AFC championship games, but Tannehill playing behind the worst OL in recent memory "kept the jets in that game"?? Meaning we won, not because of RT17 but in spite of him?? You sir are delusional.

Did you watch the Pitt game? He's the reason we won. Played his @ss off in the snow. Don't forget the runs he had too.

he's the reason you won? really? was it his pick 6 that helped you win the close game or the great handoff on the near 60 yd run on the GW drive?

LMAO !!!! Such a hypocrite. All of this coming from the guy that swore Mr Buttfumble was the real deal because he led a run team with an awesome OL and maybe the best defense in the league those years to a couple of meaningless AFC championship games, but Tannehill playing behind the worst OL in recent memory "kept the jets in that game"?? Meaning we won, not because of RT17 but in spite of him?? You sir are delusional.

Your OL was never as bad as you thought and they have been outstanding in the last month.

Ryan kept us in the game, a good 1st half and you guys are up 24/31-0 at the half.

Ryan played great Sunday but he was mediocre at best against us and Pitt. #s never tell the whole story.

Extrapolate those 5 games over a 16 game season and you get: 4550 yards 32TDs 10INTs and 430 rushing yards.

Impressive considering 2 of the 5 were away December games and 2 came against two of the leagues best defenses.

And we're missing 2 of our best receiving weapons.

Glad to see the improvement and 5 game numbers, but what the tv crew said on Sunday was more indicative of franchise to me. Most TD passes in a season since Marino. Most consecutive QB starts since Marino. When you are besting anything the team has had for 15 years, it says something.

I think the season TD stat was before the game too. None of the scrubs we've had at QB could even make it to 20. That's how bad things have been.

Cin: they don't have a chance if their D didn't score a TD then in OT the D won it.

NYJ: the 2 TDs against us were all Hartline & Wallace, Ryan had a mediocre at best game.

Pitt: nice job to bounce back from the pick 6 but w/o that you cruise to victory and the GW drive was the result of a 60 yd run and a great individual effort on a shirt pass to Clay.

He wasn't bad in those games but not nearly as good as the #s. yesterday he was REALLY, REALLY good and a main reason you won.

lol keep spinning it bro...but Sanchez carried the jets in the playoffs...give it a rest already

Back
Top Bottom