Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehils Last 5 (The True Definition of a Franchise QB)

what the hell happened to shou...tannehill balls out and he's nowhere to be found...figures

don't get me wrong it's great not to have to read that nonsense but it's pretty obvious what his intentions are

I've also noticed a severe drop in doogerisms mocking the tannehill supporters.

Tannehill reminds me of Rodgers a bit in the sense a lot of people thought he was gonna be a garbage QB in the NFL but stunned them all with his development. I really didn't think Rodgers would amount to much because he was underdeveloped and the Tedford QBs all failed in the pros. When he started balling I was stunned.

Like Rodgers, Tannehill also has mobility and was really underdeveloped in College. Hope he stuns us to the same degree

Not saying Ryann T. is not as good as you advertise but Marinio was on his last leggs and a shadow of himself in 98. After his achiles injury plus age he was not getting it done. We still have 2 more games that I am looking forward to Ryann T upping those numbers!

Marino's body was ravaged by injuries and he was hamstrung by awful coaching during the last several years of his career.

Junc can talk all the **** he wants about Tannehill because his opinion is absolutely worthless. He thought Sanchez was a good qb. He said it many times that Sanchez was good. Junc is the biggest homer, yet he always is the first to call someone else a homer.

I could be wrong, but I thought that Tannehill spent a lot of time on his development this off-season beyond the coaching staff...a lot of stuff on his own...

So lets look at Tannehill

All the Physical tools you want in a QB

A mentality that allows him to easily move on from mistake and respond

Work ethic

A high level of intellect and understanding

A great "feel" for the game and anticipation (mentions not even seeing Thigpen on the td, just threw it to where he thought he would be)

Tough as hell (sacks have had no effect on him)

Becoming a leader (mentioned many times by teammates and media close to the team).

I could be wrong, but I thought that Tannehill spent a lot of time on his development this off-season beyond the coaching staff...a lot of stuff on his own...

So lets look at Tannehill

All the Physical tools you want in a QB

A mentality that allows him to easily move on from mistake and respond

Work ethic

A high level of intellect and understanding

A great "feel" for the game and anticipation (mentions not even seeing Thigpen on the td, just threw it to where he thought he would be)

Tough as hell (sacks have had no effect on him)

Becoming a leader (mentioned many times by teammates and media close to the team).

i'll add

boss presnap field reader

boss thrower on the run from an accuracy and paste aspect

high end athlete

can play both the inside the pocket and outside the pocket game at a very high level

outstanding decision maker

not afraid of the big moment

a lot of people perfecting that back pedal...

I actually had created a tag for just that, should anyone care to also use it- feel free to do so

357j6ah-1.jpg

i'll add

boss presnap field reader

boss thrower on the run from an accuracy and paste aspect

high end athlete

can play both the inside the pocket and outside the pocket game at a very high level

outstanding decision maker

not afraid of the big moment

Teams mention making a QB do something he doesn't like to do...Example is Kap....he needs to be on the move to be effective....if he has to stay in the pocket and read defenses, he's toast...Tannehill can work in both areas...very well.

when people say tannehill doesn't throw with anticipation i laugh...the red zone is all about anticipation and we like lead the league in red zone efficiency

Teams mention making a QB do something he doesn't like to do...Example is Kap....he needs to be on the move to be effective....if he has to stay in the pocket and read defenses, he's toast...Tannehill can work in both areas...very well.

yeah people don't get that most the time if you have a guy who can play at the high end outside of the pocket he usually struggles inside of it...there is no crutch with ryan tannehill...he can play every game you want him to as a qb...and damn well

when people say tannehill doesn't throw with anticipation i laugh...the red zone is all about anticipation and we like lead the league in red zone efficiency

There's one kind of anticipation where you go through your progressions and hit right the guy if he's where the playcall said he should be. No question Tannehill has that ability.

There's another kind where you intuitively let the play develop before offloading or where you lead the receiver with the ball into open space, or where you commit early to a QB scramble when you spot a soft zone in coverage. The stats don't tell the whole picture. Tannehill is only starting to show that the game has slowed down for him and he's controlling it rather than vice versa.

Maybe intuitiveness is a better descriptor than anticipation.

I love Tanneyhill and I have thought he was the right choice all along, but, but, but...

Lets see how he does in Buffalo this Sunday.

This is for all the all the chips right here.

We NEED a W or this is just another mediocre BS Dolphin season to be thrown into the waist bin of the last about 20!

Win this week and I believe we will crush the Jets at home and we are in the playoffs and telling all those doubters to kiss our back side.

Lose this week and its the same old same old! That's all...

Chargers Week 11: 22/35 268 yards 1/1 and 4 rushes for 21 yards.

Panthers Week 12: 28/42 310 yards 1/1 and 4 rushes for 36 yards.

Jets Week 13: 28/43 331 yards 2/1 and 3 rushes for 22 yards.

Steelers Week 14: 20/33 200 yards 3/1 (With horrible weather conditions) and 5 rushes for 56 yards.

Pats Week 15: 25/37 312 yards 3/0 and 1 rush for -1.

Total: 1,421 yards 10/3 and 17 rushes for 134 yards.

Beating Brady, Roth, and Rivers (and should of beat cam)

That's pretty damn impressive considering he's playing behind a terrible oline (which has been playing a lot better) but that to me is a true sign of a franchise qb!

So huge props to T-Hill and his success this year, its a great time to be a dolphins fan knowing that we have finally found our franchise qb and have something to build off of in the future!!!

LETS KEEP IT ROLLING!!!!!!
FINS UP!!

There's one kind of anticipation where you go through your progressions and hit right the guy if he's where the playcall said he should be. No question Tannehill has that ability.

There's another kind where you intuitively let the play develop before offloading or where you lead the receiver with the ball into open space, or where you commit early to a QB scramble when you spot a soft zone in coverage. The stats don't tell the whole picture. Tannehill is only starting to show that the game has slowed down for him and he's controlling it rather than vice versa.

Maybe intuitiveness is a better descriptor than anticipation.

yeah but the offense being so timing based doesnt lead itself to intuitiveness...you've even said so yourself...so is that the qbs fault or mean he can't do it??? i don't think so

and tannehill has been leading mathews especially on some of those vertical routes from the slot to the sideline...gibby was not used the same way...ran more east and west routes

i get the scramble thing in say a 3 step drop and its not there got to learn to get out and take what they give you with your legs but these things take reps and we are seeing some of it now...remember this kids working on his 4th year as a starter college and pros...

yeah but the offense being so timing based doesnt lead itself to intuitiveness...you've even said so yourself...so is that the qbs fault or mean he can't do it??? i don't think so

and tannehill has been leading mathews especially on some of those vertical routes from the slot to the sideline...gibby was not used the same way...ran more east and west routes

i get the scramble thing in say a 3 step drop and its not there got to learn to get out and take what they give you with your legs but these things take reps and we are seeing some of it now...remember this kids working on his 4th year as a starter college and pros...
he will indeed be a surgeon. sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom