TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEAM BUILDER: Bring in Ray Lewis as Asst. LB Coach and Team Chaplain??

LDaniel7

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
I've never been a big Ray Lewis fan because of his off-field stuff, but there's no question the guy has had a major change in his life and is now someone that builds other people up, spiritually speaking. He's been through heck in his personal life and come to a place of peace. And, he's done so while leading on the field, also. And going out on top.

He'd have a lot of positive impact for the players, imo. He could help build some of the same esprit de corps that the Ravens enjoyed in last year's playoffs.

A win win, imo. He still has lots to offer, in seeing the game, coaching up active LBs, and giving a positive vision for life.

As such, he may be one of the most important non-player hires of the year!

Just thinking. Let me know your thoughts!

LD

He already has a job at espn. And if he wanted an asst coaching job he'd do it at UM where his son plays.

He already has a job at espn. And if he wanted an asst coaching job he'd do it at UM where his son plays.

But he said on ESPN that he expects a call from Ellerbe, to come and give him tips. Sounds like he's got some time in there somewhere, and into the concept.

LD

No thanks, we don't need someone instructing our players on the proper way to shank guys in bars and then cover it up.

Now why would he do this gig? I think he can get a good job at TV and I'm not sure he has any major connections to Dolphins.

We would be undefeated..tannehill the best qb in the league..they'll be scared s@#$less of him!

No thanks, we don't need someone instructing our players on the proper way to shank guys in bars and then cover it up.

I used to think that too, lol -- but it's been a long time ago, and truly, some people change.

Song: Some People Change.

LD

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Now why would he do this gig? I think he can get a good job at TV and I'm not sure he has any major connections to Dolphins.

He's already said that he wants a text from Ellerbe saying, "Come on over and give me some help."

LD

Wait he has a job at ESPN? Good lord, I am never watching ESPN again. Last thing I want to hear is his corny speeches.

I used to think that too, lol -- but it's been a long time ago, and truly, some people change.

Song: Some People Change.

LD

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

He's already said that he wants a text from Ellerbe saying, "Come on over and give me some help."

LD

He's changed while not doing the time. An accessory is still an accessory. He's only got away with it because he was rich and famous. It must be a wonderful thing for him when he puts his head on his lush pillow every night to know the families of the ppl killed have yet to get justice for their loved ones.

He's such a wonderful role model.

lewis is more suited to giving spiritual guidance at prisons just like vick could do for puppies at the pound.

Wow, some real Lewis hate in this thread, lol.

I've never been a fan of his but his turnaround has been inspiring, imo.

He's got a lot to offer if he stays on the straight and narrow path, imo.

LD

Wow, some real Lewis hate in this thread, lol.

I've never been a fan of his but his turnaround has been inspiring, imo.

He's got a lot to offer if he stays on the straight and narrow path, imo.

LD

I don't disagree. Like most things in life, nothing is all good or all bad. However, the injustice that was thrown at those families, whenever I think about it, it makes me sick to my stomach. I hope Ray never has to feel the pain those ppl have been feeling for more than a decade now.

I don't disagree. Like most things in life, nothing is all good or all bad. However, the injustice that was thrown at those families, whenever I think about it, it makes me sick to my stomach. I hope Ray never has to feel the pain those ppl have been feeling for more than a decade now.

I heard some rumblings that Lewis had reached out to the family of the man who died. If so, that's big time. Trying to make amends.

LD

Back
Top Bottom