Teddy bridgewater just went down looks serious Vikings end practice | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy bridgewater just went down looks serious Vikings end practice

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 23m23 minutes ago
Dislocated knee means @teddyb_h2o tore multiple knee ligaments. Let's hope & pray that is all and peroneal nerve/politeal artery are spared.

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 15s15 seconds ago
Bridgewater has a complete tear of his ACL>

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago
Vikings announce that Teddy Bridgewater has suffered a complete ACL tear and other damage but no nerve or artery damage.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

CrJZllhWYAAGp9S.jpg

This whole thing just reiterates how lucky we got yesterday. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I was a Vikings fan right now. Team is on the upswing, you have a potential franchise QB, and then BAM, a lightning bolt ends your season.

This whole thing just reiterates how lucky we got yesterday. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I was a Vikings fan right now. Team is on the upswing, you have a potential franchise QB, and then BAM, a lightning bolt ends your season.

Dude, they made the playoffs with Christian Ponder a couple of years ago.

Their season isn't over. Adrian Peterson, great defense, and a guy that I honestly think is one of the better backups in the NFL. He's definitely no Jimmy Clausen.

I wouldn't give up on that team yet.

Sucks for the kid. I hate to hear this stuff. I'm a fan of bridgewater, have followed his career and seems like a good dude. Damn good qb poised for a good year too. Very sad

Certainly worst case scenario for a patella dislocation. You can dislocate your knee cap without tearing anything. I had the problem for years and had it happen numerous times without any further damage. Started in HS as a WR when I came down the line for a crackback block on a LB on a HB toss sweep. The dumbass RB had piss poor vision as he decided to just dive b/w us having his helmet slam into the inside of my knee causing it to hyper-extend and dislocate. Treatment in that case took roughly 6- 8 weeks for recovery with the the old R.I.C.E. and rehab to strengthen the m. vastus medialis. When I first heard of this for Bridgewater I was hoping that would be the severity of his injury, but obviously he got the short end of the stick on this one. Best of luck in his recovery.

The NFL has ruined itself by making it such a pass heavy league and not having the proper coaching and development for up and coming QB's. Instead you now have very sub-par QB's being forced into lineups b/c there is no where else for teams to turn with the league's pass imbalance and foolish direction in order to further prop the ridiculousness of fantasy football and the ignorant contempt for defensive play.

Their seasons over in terms of hoisting the lombardi this season

If they do make the playoffs they'll go home in no time with that qb situation...this is like when arizona lost carson palmer...you knew they were done

And yeah if miami lost tannehill theres no way id watch 16 games of matt moore

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 39s39 seconds ago
Free agent QB Brad Sorensen, recently waives by the #Vikings, is flying back in tomorrow to re-sign, source said.

That's awful. I feel for Teddy and the Vikings... I empathize with that franchise because, much like us, they can never seem to catch a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yeah if miami lost tannehill theres no way id watch 16 games of matt moore

I don't believe that. We have had plenty of QBs probably worse than Moore that I'm guessing you suffered through 16 games of ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks for Teddy. He's a rare person, just a genuinely good dude. We still love him here in the city.

Sounds like there's no nerve damage so he'll be back, good as new. He has the drive and mental make up to get it done.

I wouldn't bet against a guy that did this on a severly sprained ankle and a broken left wrist against a pretty good Rutgers defense:

[video=youtube;2V0qU_vjkMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V0qU_vjkMU[/video]

He didn't start the game but when his back up was ineffective and we fell behind 14-0, he told Charlie Strong to put him in, that he "had this". Then he went out there and had it.

I'll never forget this quote from a Rutgers fan I saw on a message board after this game "I knew Bridgewater was good, I just didn't realize he was a g** damned action hero."

Dude, they made the playoffs with Christian Ponder a couple of years ago.

Their season isn't over. Adrian Peterson, great defense, and a guy that I honestly think is one of the better backups in the NFL. He's definitely no Jimmy Clausen.

I wouldn't give up on that team yet.

Adrian Peterson ran for 2100 yards that year, allowing Ponder to get away with less than 3000 yards passing, which is hilarious. And they got beat badly in their first playoff game.

Peterson is an all time great but he doesn't have that kind of a season left in him.

And Shaun Hill is not very good.

Back
Top Bottom