Teddy Bridgewater | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater

Bridgewater would be very good. But he probably wants a more open chance to start. If he's going to prove himself, he'll have to play this year. Waiting for Case Keenum to meltdown is smarter than waiting Tannehill out.

I think Bradford might be a good backup here. He could even beat out Tannehill until his knees give out again. His salary demands might be too rich though.

I actually like Bridgewater more than Bradford. There was something mysterious about Bradford's injury this year. I have a feeling an independent orthopedist or another team's medical staff is going to find a degenerative condition. Yeah Bridgewater's knee was a complete rebuild, but it could be argued that his knee is more stable than Bradford's.

I like the idea of Bridgewater as insurance, but with all the QB needy teams in the NFL, why would he sign in Miami? He's going to want a team where there is an open competition.

Stop buying blemished golf balls.

If you want a QB draft one early.

This isn't an argument for Teddy as the starter. I want him as a backup, I still very much want a QB in the draft, whether it's in the 1st round or with a lower round pick.

If he's willing to bet on himself, I'd take him on the cheap. But he's already said he expects to start next season, and given his injury, it's too much of a risk on an already Tannenbum-strapped cap, so I guess it's moot.

This isn't an argument for Teddy as the starter. I want him as a backup, I still very much want a QB in the draft, whether it's in the 1st round or with a lower round pick.

Gotcha.

I like him too and wish him the best, but every time this team tries to pick up a wounded puppy we get bit.

If we can get him at crackhead prices (like others have mentioned above), of course! But tying up 30 mill in cap space for 3 QBs cant possibly work for us, and that's assuming he is 100% healthy.

I like the idea of Bridgewater as insurance, but with all the QB needy teams in the NFL, why would he sign in Miami? He's going to want a team where there is an open competition.

That's the thing, there really aren't too many teams with true open competitions. Prior to free agency, here are the teams with starter needs, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Cardinals, Jags, Jets. Sure one of these teams may sign Bridgewater as a bridge starter to their high pick rookie, but that's not really an open competition situation. Of all these teams, the Cardinals and the Jags would probably be the most willing to have a true open competition.

Too much money IMO but if price is right. I'll be open to it. Tannehill will have serious competition

I see the QB spot as one where we can save money. Ride Tannehill and Fales. Maybe draft one late. If Tannehill gets hurt or fails, we have a higher pick next year and can than get our young franchise guy. I think Tannehill will succeed though. Any money spent on a qb like the 10 mil on cutler or 5 mil on Moore is just pissing money away.

I'm starting to sell myself on signing Teddy Bridgewater to backup Tannehill.

Pros:
1. He has the intelligence to pickup Gase's offense quickly. He also has the prior success to actually push Tannehill.
2. His strength has always been short and intermediate accuracy.
3. Yes, he would like to start somewhere, but coming home to play and building a good reputation under Adam Gase might be incentive enough to take a backup deal.
4. I love the idea of a QB room of Tannehill, Bridgewater, and a drafted rookie. If the rookie proves to be a fast learner, Bridgewater could be a good trade commodity.

Cons:
1. Our top 2 QBs on the depth chart have serious knee concerns.

I really don't see any other cons. I think it would be worth the risk.

Maybe a little OT, but there are 4 QBs possibly taken high in R1. If so, that's 4 QB-needy teams out of the market. And, possibly, a handful of (arguably) pretty good FA QBs. Wouldn't surprise me if either one of the top 4 QBs drop to #11 or one of the 'good' FA QBs doesn't find a quick home. Either scenario means Miami might have a shot at a decent QB. Bridgewater? I don't see an elite QB, but he showed potential m of top 12 if he's on the right team.

I can't see Teddy playing much more meaningful football after his injury. I hope for his sake I'm wrong, but that was about as severe a knee injury as you can have. If that's the case, it would be hard to rely on him as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom