Teddy Bridgewater | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater

The real money swing happened on the other team. Nick Foles is making himself a lot of money. I'm not sire what his contract situation is, but if he's a FA he's gonna get a big deal. If he's still under contract, the eagles should be able to get a 2nd rounder at least.

Honestly his play didn't shock me. I've said since Wentz went down that all wasn't lost for the eagles because Foles is the best backup in the league and easily better than 10 starters. He proved it.

Foles had 5.3 YPA during the regular season. No quarterback with numbers like that has ever won the Super Bowl.

Granted, it was barely over 100 attempts.

Now he's above 9 YPA for the playoffs.

I think he needs a big Super Bowl to earn a big contract. Otherwise there's too much understandable spotlight on everything he's done since his incredible season, and not merely this postseason alone.

It did make sense that the 27-2 form would return at some point. That's too freakish to never show again.

Bortles and Foles have benefitted from power running games that have to be respected, and that create some easy throws once play action is utilized. We might take notes.

Foles had 5.3 YPA during the regular season. No quarterback with numbers like that has ever won the Super Bowl.

Granted, it was barely over 100 attempts.

Now he's above 9 YPA for the playoffs.

I think he needs a big Super Bowl to earn a big contract. Otherwise there's too much understandable spotlight on everything he's done since his incredible season, and not merely this postseason alone.

It did make sense that the 27-2 form would return at some point. That's too freakish to never show again.

Bortles and Foles have benefitted from power running games that have to be respected, and that create some easy throws once play action is utilized. We might take notes.

For one game it's hard to count out anyone reasonable. Variance is a hell of a thing.

supposedly the vikes are gonna tag keenum

provided the moneys right I'd take bwater on a one year prove it deal as tanny insurance

he's pre snap and progression read

supposedly the vikes are gonna tag keenum

provided the moneys right I'd take bwater on a one year prove it deal as tanny insurance

he's pre snap and progression read

Said elsewhere, counting FAs and the draft, there are more QBs than desperate teams. I think Miami can get a decent backup and, specific to Bridgewater, I agree, if he'll take a 'prove it' to prove his need is good, I'm in. All depends on what the other teams do.

The real money swing happened on the other team. Nick Foles is making himself a lot of money. I'm not sire what his contract situation is, but if he's a FA he's gonna get a big deal. If he's still under contract, the eagles should be able to get a 2nd rounder at least.

Honestly his play didn't shock me. I've said since Wentz went down that all wasn't lost for the eagles because Foles is the best backup in the league and easily better than 10 starters. He proved it.

I really don't know what to make of Foles. I know this, I'm glad I don't root for the team that's going to gamble on him.

He's better than a bottom rung quarterback, he's proved that. And if you keep his jersey clean, he'll give you great flashes. So I think someone out there is going to gamble on him, and they're going to be reasonably happy or reasonably unhappy depending on whether or not they can pass protect as well as the Eagles.

Would love to have TYROD TAYLOR as our back up. LOVE IT! He'd be "the spark". Can't see him starting anywhere.

I think Tyrod is a bad fit for Miami.

But he could be a great, great fit for Doug Marrone in Jacksonville. The handful of psychos who actually think Blake Bortles is good have said "He didn't turn the ball over in the playoffs!" Well, Tyrod Taylor is a hell of a lot better than Bortman in career interception rate and he can scramble, too. Also throws the 9 route a hell of a lot better.

Everybody's talking Alex Smith as the no-brainer for Jacksonville, and I agree that he'd be the best get for them, but I think Tyrod Taylor and Doug Marrone could be best friends forever real soon, too.

1. If Teddy signs with anyone, it will be to start or compete to be the starter. He will NOT be cheap to sign.

2. Somebody who suggested Tyrod Taylor as a backup...he'd also be able to sign somewhere as a starter.

Dolphin fans are being really naive.

When the FO says we lacked depth last year, and specifically at the QB position; it doesn't mean they are really wanting a solid backup QB. Every team wants that, it is a foregone conclusion. It means they want a real QB to compete with Tannehill.

They would love to replace him with a truly dynamic performer, but they aren't going to come right out and say anything remotely resembling that.

If no opportunity affords itself, then RT is the guy, and you want him confident and built up by his organization.

Dolphins are in no financial position to go with a 4-10 million dollar veteran backup. Dolphins will draft a QB who they think can be a franchise QB someday after time to develop, unless, of course, Baker Mayfield slides for some reason; then, it's the end for RT in Miami. He would be traded or released.

Then.....if one of the vets were still available, the Dolphins would have cap room to sign a reliable veteran backup QB.

Dolphin fans are being really naive.

When the FO says we lacked depth last year, and specifically at the QB position; it doesn't mean they are really wanting a solid backup QB. Every team wants that, it is a foregone conclusion. It means they want a real QB to compete with Tannehill.

They would love to replace him with a truly dynamic performer, but they aren't going to come right out and say anything remotely resembling that.

If no opportunity affords itself, then RT is the guy, and you want him confident and built up by his organization.

Dolphins are in no financial position to go with a 4-10 million dollar veteran backup. Dolphins will draft a QB who they think can be a franchise QB someday after time to develop, unless, of course, Baker Mayfield slides for some reason; then, it's the end for RT in Miami. He would be traded or released.

Then.....if one of the vets were still available, the Dolphins would have cap room to sign a reliable veteran backup QB.

You are breathing your own exhaust on this one. Of course they would take a star QB as an upgrade on Tannehill, he's merely good to very good. The difference is they don't believe they have to picks to trade up and they clearly believe they are better off spending the picks they have on filling the large number of serious holes on the team.

Furthermore, if picking a QB was so damned easy, why have so many QB picks not worked out? And how is gods name could it be possible that Baker Mayfield is such an obvious lock to be a star and yet available at 11. Those two statements -- he's a lock to be a star AND he'll fall to us at 11 -- can't both be true.

I think Tyrod is a bad fit for Miami.

But he could be a great, great fit for Doug Marrone in Jacksonville. The handful of psychos who actually think Blake Bortles is good have said "He didn't turn the ball over in the playoffs!" Well, Tyrod Taylor is a hell of a lot better than Bortman in career interception rate and he can scramble, too. Also throws the 9 route a hell of a lot better.

Everybody's talking Alex Smith as the no-brainer for Jacksonville, and I agree that he'd be the best get for them, but I think Tyrod Taylor and Doug Marrone could be best friends forever real soon, too.
Yeah, that would be a good fit for the former Jills.

1. If Teddy signs with anyone, it will be to start or compete to be the starter. He will NOT be cheap to sign.

2. Somebody who suggested Tyrod Taylor as a backup...he'd also be able to sign somewhere as a starter.
Not so sure about TYROD as a starter anymore.

Bortles would interest me.

He is healthy and has been 2 minutes away from the Show in Foxboro. The only thing keeping him from being a Super Bowl QB is the Establishment machine kicking in just when needed.

Now I know someone will post and say Matt Moore is better than Bortles, whatever...

Bortles was 2 mins away with one of the best defenses I've seen in the past 5 years. Don't really see it as a huge positive for him.

Back
Top Bottom