Teddy Bridgewater | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater

I love Teddy....but there is really no play here.

Knee, asking price, our current QB room.....it just doesn't vibe.

In this same vein of thought, what if the Jags go after Cousins or someone else and let Blake Bortles walk, what does everyone think of bringing him in as Tannehill back up?

I don’t see any reason right now that he’d want to transition into a backup making backup money. The most sensible thing he could do by a mile would be to sign a one year prove it deal somewhere that he’ll at least have a good chance of starting. If he proves his health he’ll be signing a $100m dollar contract this time next year.

Right now (before the draft and Smith / Cousins / Garoppolo / Bradford / Keenum sweepstakes have been run) I can think of plenty of teams that would be more than happy to pay him Josh McCown money and give him a very decent chance at starting (Buffalo, NYJ, Cleveland, Baltimore?, Jacksonville?, Denver, NYG?, Arizona). Sure some of those will draft / sign a QB, but they can’t all do so, so Teddy makes more sense there than somewhere where he’d likely have to resort to being a backup.

But yeah sure, if for some reason he’s available for backup money then why not?

I saw people saying that Case Keenum played himself out of a lot of money, but I don't really believe it. Any team that's looking to pay Case Keenum to compete for a starting job looked at his entire body of work this season, not just one playoff game in which his entire team looked deflated, lost, and pathetic.

That said, I'm not sure Case Keenum was ever going to get a huge contract, anyway.

Stop buying blemished golf balls.

If you want a QB draft one early.

We did and his name is Ryan Tannehill. I think the idea of getting another early drafted QB (Bridgewater) as a backup is intriguing.

I saw people saying that Case Keenum played himself out of a lot of money, but I don't really believe it. Any team that's looking to pay Case Keenum to compete for a starting job looked at his entire body of work this season, not just one playoff game in which his entire team looked deflated, lost, and pathetic.

That said, I'm not sure Case Keenum was ever going to get a huge contract, anyway.

The real money swing happened on the other team. Nick Foles is making himself a lot of money. I'm not sire what his contract situation is, but if he's a FA he's gonna get a big deal. If he's still under contract, the eagles should be able to get a 2nd rounder at least.

Honestly his play didn't shock me. I've said since Wentz went down that all wasn't lost for the eagles because Foles is the best backup in the league and easily better than 10 starters. He proved it.

We did and his name is Ryan Tannehill. I think the idea of getting another early drafted QB (Bridgewater) as a backup is intriguing.

Again.....RT is hurt. Why back up a bad knee with ANOTHER bad knee?

BTW...Minny is keeping Bridgewater.

Again.....RT is hurt. Why back up a bad knee with ANOTHER bad knee?

BTW...Minny is keeping Bridgewater.
If after all that rest and rehab Tanne’s knee is still hurt next year I’ll be shocked.

Yeah I figure Minn will keep him. I more mean a QB like him who is young, has the talent, but could use a change of scenery for whatever reason.

In this same vein of thought, what if the Jags go after Cousins or someone else and let Blake Bortles walk, what does everyone think of bringing him in as Tannehill back up?
Bortles would interest me.

He is healthy and has been 2 minutes away from the Show in Foxboro. The only thing keeping him from being a Super Bowl QB is the Establishment machine kicking in just when needed.

Now I know someone will post and say Matt Moore is better than Bortles, whatever...

I'm starting to sell myself on signing Teddy Bridgewater to backup Tannehill.

Pros:
1. He has the intelligence to pickup Gase's offense quickly. He also has the prior success to actually push Tannehill.
2. His strength has always been short and intermediate accuracy.
3. Yes, he would like to start somewhere, but coming home to play and building a good reputation under Adam Gase might be incentive enough to take a backup deal.
4. I love the idea of a QB room of Tannehill, Bridgewater, and a drafted rookie. If the rookie proves to be a fast learner, Bridgewater could be a good trade commodity.

Cons:
1. Our top 2 QBs on the depth chart have serious knee concerns.

I really don't see any other cons. I think it would be worth the risk.
please sweet baby jesus let it happen

Back
Top Bottom