Tell me why this is news? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me why this is news?

Stupid argument. I'm not worried that the world will turn gay and end the human population. If my kid were gay I wouldnt care if it made him/her happy. It's not ok to you but if you're proud of your prejudice good for you.

Prejudice? Because I decide not to associate myself in a friendly manner to gays?

It's not like I look down to them like a racist would. I simply don't friend up with them.

I don't see the big problem here - maybe someone is offended? Don't know.

I don't think anyone wants to be 'touched' by gays :lol: if they are straight.

And somehow bullseye turned this into a racial comparison.

Sad, but he did it just to get to me, really........

No, what he's doing is being racist (or using a racist example at least).

Now what exactly am I doing? What's so hateful about my argument? I simply said that I don't want to be touched by gays, and I choose not to associate myself with them.

I don't see how the hell that compares to being racist...........

I'm not bothering anyone in this sense. I'm choosing not to be rude about it by going about my business.

I really don't understand the beef with me not associating myself with gays? :rolleyes2

If I said I dont want to associate with black people, and I dont want them touching me people would be offended and they should be.

I'm not bothering anyone and I'm just going about my business.

And the assumption that a gay person is going to meet you and want to touch you is ridiculous. They arent animals who try to hump everything they come into contact with.

Not wanting to associate with someone simply because they are gay is just as prejudice as not wanting to associate with someone because of the color of their skin.

Prejudice? Because I decide not to associate myself in a friendly manner to gays?

It's not like I look down to them like a racist would. I simply don't friend up with them.

I don't see the big problem here - maybe someone is offended? Don't know.

You dont look down to them? How can you say that when a straight face when you typed that you'd be devastated if your kid were gay and you think it's wrong. No you dont look down on them at all, you just they are "wrong". Stop trying to sugar coat it with bs. Just because you go about not associating in a friendly manner doesnt mean you arent prejudice.

If I said I dont want to associate with black people, and I dont want them touching me people would be offended and they should be.

And the assumption that a gay person is going to meet you and want to touch you is ridiculous. They arent animals who try to hump everything they come into contact with.

Not wanting to associate with someone simply because they are gay is just as prejudice as not wanting to associate with someone because of the color of their skin.

Yeah Ive got no problem with anyone unless they start touching me...then they cross the line.

Thing is I think all of us have met at least 10 people that were gay and we didnt even know it. Nothing bad happened to us either.

Honestly speaking, as a black person, if you have a problem with black people and you are RESPECTFUL about your choices not to associate with us......then I'd respect your opinion and leave you be. You're not bothering me - you're not chanting racial slurs or anything of that nature. You're simply not associating yourself with black people. Doesn't mean that we can't be CIVIL under the proper circumstances - in which, note that I never said that I'd be anything less than civil to a homosexual. I simply said that I'm not gonna associate myself to gay males, in a friendly manner. I am not going to make friends with a gay dude. I never said anything about disrespect.

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from.

I am not saying that I've got hatred for gays or anything like that. Personally, I know what I'm about, so I could care less what anyone else is about. Not my family, not my friends, not my problem. It's not life threatening or anything like that, so what's my business with the issue? Exactly, I just move along without hurting any feelings or making any type of dispute out've absolutely nothing.

As for the touching thing, who said that all gays want to touch every male? Surely not me. I simply said that I do not want them coming in physical contact with me, PERIOD........don't put words into my mouth, or finger punching onto my keyboard.
:escape:

Yeah Ive got no problem with anyone unless they start touching me...then they cross the line.

Thing is I think all of us have met at least 10 people that were gay and we didnt even know it. Nothing bad happened to us either.

Exactly, and yet the second the thought of a gay person comes up people start saying as long as they dont touch me and making jokes. Why would they be touching you? It's just stupid homophobia.

Honestly speaking, as a black person, if you have a problem with black people and you are RESPECTFUL about your choices not to associate with us......then I'd respect your opinion and leave you be. You're not bothering me - you're not chanting racial slurs or anything of that nature. You're simply not associating yourself with me.

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from.

I am not saying that I've got hatred for gays or anything like that. Personally, I know what I'm about, so I could care less what anyone else is about. Not my family, not my friends, not my problem. It's not life threatening or anything like that, so what's my business with the issue? Exactly, I just move along without hurting any feelings or making any type of dispute out've absolutely nothing.

As for the touching thing, who said that all gays want to touch every male? Surely not me. I simply said that I do not want them coming in physical contact with me, PERIOD........don't put words into my mouth, or finger punching onto my keyboard.
:escape:

That's fine, but it still wouldnt change the fact that my feelings are racist and prejudice. Just because I'm not overt about it doesnt change that.

I never said you said that all gays want to touch every male. But why everytime people talk about homosexuals they bring up this fear of being touched is funny. It's just irrational.

Everyone deserves their own opinion. I think it's okay to try and change someones opinion discussing things but I would never actually force mine on someone.

Anyway lets just say you had a son and he was gay, what would you do? I mean the kid just wants your love....he's still a person he just likes something different.

What's funny is this response of "I dont care if you're gay but I'm not associating with you" is the exact reason why players cant come out of the closet while they're still playing. You know this opinion isnt a unique one, many people feel this way. Imagine if people on your team stop associating with you, you're no longer a part of the team and if you're a bench player how long are you going to last when people dont want you on the team?

That's fine, but it still wouldnt change the fact that my feelings are racist and prejudice. Just because I'm not overt about it doesnt change that.

I never said you said that all gays want to touch every male. But why everytime people talk about homosexuals they bring up this fear of being touched is funny. It's just irrational.

Nah, I don't really have a fear of it. It's just a standard that is set with me. Aside from sports, I don't like dudes touching me at all.. it's my common nature. Maybe I'm just different than the rest of the world; hell, we all are. I don't care about predujice and **** like that - it doesn't phase me. I've seen it all and been through it all, and I'm still the same person I've always been.

I believe that we all have different types of people who we either like or dislike associating ourselves with. You could be the friendliest person in the world, but are you going to associate yourself with a murderer? Not me. Personally, I don't care to associate myself and make friends with a homosexual, but that's just me. I'm comfortable with ME and the people who I surround myself with, but I'm not comfortable around gay dudes, man. That's just me. If you disagree, then that's cool.. that's you, man. I have nothing against your personal choice. Life is all about choices.

What's funny is this response of "I dont care if you're gay but I'm not associating with you" is the exact reason why players cant come out of the closet while they're still playing. You know this opinion isnt a unique one, many people feel this way. Imagine if people on your team stop associating with you, you're no longer a part of the team and if you're a bench player how long are you going to last when people dont want you on the team?

:yeahthat:

And honestly even if a gay guy sees you and thinks your hot or whatever is that really any creepier than when you see some random chick and think 'I wanna hit that'

As long as a person doesn't make some sort of inappropriate move on me I'm fine. I don't expect anyone to either.

Except ****roaches....Im racist or speciest or something against them :lol:

That's the thing though - that's a business situation. As is, a lot of players on the same team don't care for each other right now. Everyone has their own reasons.. strengths ans weaknesses. Not everyone can mesh. But just like how I'd treat a random gay person who addresses me respectfully (no flirtations or anything of that nature), is the same way I'd expect professional athletes to go about their business. If a random homosexual addresses me proper and asks how to get from point a to point b, and I know the answer.......****, I'd tell him.

Don't get me wrong though - I see where you're coming from.

There is a random ignorance, and I admit to being somewhat ignorant on certain issues. That's just me, and I'm cool with it - so are the people who I surround myself with. That's really all that matters to me. I find it common for most people to have SOME type of ignorance.

Nah, I don't really have a fear of it. It's just a standard that is set with me. Aside from sports, I don't like dudes touching me at all.. it's my common nature. Maybe I'm just different than the rest of the world; hell, we all are. I don't care about predujice and **** like that - it doesn't phase me. I've seen it all and been through it all, and I'm still the same person I've always been.

I believe that we all have different types of people who we either like or dislike associating ourselves with. You could be the friendliest person in the world, but are you going to associate yourself with a murderer? Not me. Personally, I don't care to associate myself and make friends with a homosexual, but that's just me. I'm comfortable with ME and the people who I surround myself with, but I'm not comfortable around gay dudes, man. That's just me. If you disagree, then that's cool.. that's you, man. I have nothing against your personal choice. Life is all about choices.

Fair enough, we all make choices of who we hang out. If you arent comfortable around homosexuals that's your choice. I dont think you're a bad person or anything like that for thinking how you do, I think everyone (even myself) feels some of what you feel. Ideally I'd say judge the person on who they are and they're personality not their sexual preference. It's just a small part of who they are

Fair enough, we all make choices of who we hang out. If you arent comfortable around homosexuals that's your choice. I dont think you're a bad person or anything like that for thinking how you do, I think everyone (even myself) feels some of what you feel. Ideally I'd say judge the person on who they are and they're personality not their sexual preference. It's just a small part of who they are

Couldn't of said it any better myself.......

Back
Top Bottom