Tell me why this is news? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me why this is news?

Fair enough, we all make choices of who we hang out. If you arent comfortable around homosexuals that's your choice. I dont think you're a bad person or anything like that for thinking how you do, I think everyone (even myself) feels some of what you feel. Ideally I'd say judge the person on who they are and they're personality not their sexual preference. It's just a small part of who they are

I said this a while back in this thread --> Ive seen a lot of people who have a lot stranger sexual preferances than their own sex.....

I said this a while back in this thread --> Ive seen a lot of people who have a lot stranger sexual preferances than their own sex.....

welllllll, I think it's about time for me to hit the bed up and forget about this entire conversation.

:roflmao:

I think that homosexuals are stereotyped to be a certain way which is absolutely absurd. I'm not attracted to every female but for some odd reason every homosexual is going to be attracted to me? Also the media portrayal of this homosexual stereotype is really ridiculous. I think it's virtually impossible for a male to come out while he's playing. Females are accepted because it's a male driven culture and in the back of our minds we think that females are beautiful and see why they could be attracted to each other. A middle of the road player comes out I think a team would find away to make an excuse to get rid of him which is unfortunate. Although society has progressed many people are still unaccepting that other people could be different.

Just to throw some fuel into the fire.........

Charles Barkley claims to have played with quite a few homosexuals. So, basically, there are a lot of gays known in the NBA (at least known amongst each other/teammates). The way LBJ presented it = teammates know everything about each other. He also said that hiding ANYTHING from teammates would result in not being loyal, although "what's said in the locker room stays in the locker room" - interesting. LBJ almost sounded like he was defending a teammate.

Perhaps LBJ is protecting himself, as well as Damon Jones??????

2zpqedj-1.jpg

JUST KIDDING..................!

I cant go to any of the major sports pages without seeing it, and honestly it upsets me, greatly! John Ameachi comes out, he's gay. Whoopi for him! Does this make him a better basketball player? No. Does it change how he will....NOT..play basketball? No. So why is this news? Who really cares? Peoples sexual orientation should have no place in the world of sports. If Kevin Garnett came forward and said..."I'm straight. " The Media and fans would be like.....AND? So why is it any different if the athlete is gay? The fact that they make a big deal out of it, is a major reason why it is a major deal. Get over it! We watch you to watch the game, not to see "which side of the field your playing"

LeBron seemed to be pretty worked up about having a gay guy looking at him the locker room.

LeBron seemed to be pretty worked up about having a gay guy looking at him the locker room.

I don't think that's the case at all. James seems perfectly fine with playing with gay players, he just wants everyone to be truthful, which I completely agree with.

I'm not reading 6 pages of thread to find out if anyone already said this, but if no one has, this is why it's news:

Anyone notice who the publisher of Amaechi's book is? ESPN Books.
The news outlet that broke the story, conveniently two weeks before the book is due to be released? ESPN.

Marketing, people. And it worked.

Now you've brought race into this. Race is a completely different issue, and that's very dumb of you to even bring that up - obviously looking to get the best of me like always.

You can't choose your race, but you can choose whether or not to be gay.

Race and sexuality is a HUGE difference - how can you even compare? Terrible.

I hope you're using that as an example and you're not for real. I really hope so.

Really, your examples here = just awful. I wonder if you'd of used them to a white person. :rolleyes2

What an absolutely clueless statement that is. In the majority of cases, they are hardwired for dudes the same way you are presumably hard wired for chicks. You think a normal guy looks at a girl and a dude, and says "I'll take the dude"?

I like how Charles Barkley went out and said "I had 2-3 gay teammates before". Anyone want to take a guess on who they were?

I like how Charles Barkley went out and said "I had 2-3 gay teammates before". Anyone want to take a guess on who they were?
Kevin "KJ" Johnson, my all time favorite NBA player?....I always thought he might be gay, dont care either way if he is... He will always be my favorite player, and one of the best off the court people in the NBA....

You shouldn't pat someone on the back for being gay, you dont pat someone on the back for being straight. I think alot of peeps arent seeing where I'm coming from. The Gay community wants to be accepted and treated like everyone else right? None makes a big deal about being straight........you see what I'm saying?

then why make a big deal about black head coaches or a minority president or anything?

What an absolutely clueless statement that is.
Ahh, well sorry......all one can do is assume. I mean, I'm not gay, so how the **** would I know how exactly their mindset is on choosing sexes? I mean, you somehow seem to know. I surely don't, and really don't care to. Also, how ever it is that you do know, please don't share it with us!

Ft. Lauderdale & Miami Gardens = two completely different areas.

Where I grew up, the only gays were definitely the closet ones.. surely.

Also, I'm Jamaican. I think that kind've gives better reasoning here. :lol:

I won't even express how most of us feel on the subject, and for one reason. I respect Finheaven and all of its contributors, so I don't really want to offend anyone or get banned. I'm not as homophobic as I was in middle school and my early years of high school though. Later on in high school, and now in college, has changed my views. Personally, I think it's HILARIOUS - I just don't want to be touched, looked at, or bothered by one. I don't really want to be associated with either. I've never had a gay friend, and no offense, never will.

I hear Dwade might be Gay. Would that change your views about him or not wanting to associate with him. Im kinda lost about this Jamaican thing and what that suppose to mean. There are gay Jamaicans too. Gay or not gay, Black Asian Hispanic who cares.

Back
Top Bottom