The biggest move the front office can make to get us to the Super Bowl next year. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The biggest move the front office can make to get us to the Super Bowl next year.

I think when Miami signed Seiler they were prepared to let Wilkins go. It would be easier if he was just a run plugger. But he's a do-everything DT and a tone setter for the defense. I'm not so sure he's easy to replace???
Wilkins 9 sacks

2x vs NE
.5 vs Giants
2x vs Carolina
2.5x vs Jets
1 vs Titans
1 vs Bills

🤷‍♂️

I think when Miami signed Seiler they were prepared to let Wilkins go. It would be easier if he was just a run plugger. But he's a do-everything DT and a tone setter for the defense. I'm not so sure he's easy to replace???
I love walkins, and when I reread my post, I certainly didn’t mean to say he’s easily replaceable because he is a force. I do think we can find a detail that gives us very similar production for about half, if not less in the eight mill range, and I would be willing to, let him go to get stronger in other areas.

Wilkins 9 sacks

2x vs NE
.5 vs Giants
2x vs Carolina
2.5x vs Jets
1 vs Titans
1 vs Bills

🤷‍♂️
That might be the case for a lot of players, though. You've got to dominate the lesser teams, no?

I think the same was said about Cam Wake.

I don't feel like his play drops off against better teams. At least not dramatically.

So it be said,
So it be written!

Ray Is Right! - LOL

Don't you think Wilks would be somewhat easy to replace? Seems like there are always some no name that clogs the middle available but maybe I am wrong. I just think using half his salary on a MLB would be more beneficial than investing that much on a DT.
Excellent point! One has to look no further than zak Sieler who plays next to him with the same production at 1/3 the price he is seeking.

Invest heavily in the offensive line. I would like to see them use both of our first two draft picks on it. We especially need to draft a center.
Powers-Johnson is my first OL choice followed by Barton (who some rate higher). These guys can play C or G and even a bit of OT if needed. I then take OT Amegadjie (Yale) later on.

Back
Top Bottom