The biggest move the front office can make to get us to the Super Bowl next year. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The biggest move the front office can make to get us to the Super Bowl next year.

This has to be “moves” not 1 thing is going to get us over the hump.

We have a tough tough division and conference and it’s gonna to take a lot.

Beyond the players something that’s obvious is we have to get smarter at the coaching level.

Watching Reid work his magic with play calling and selection was a thing of beauty.

The DC for KC is terribly underrated and shocking hasn’t gotten a job interview and HV position.

Last edited:
Beyond the players something that’s obvious is we have to get smarter at the coaching level.
Watching Reid work his magic with play calling and selection was a thing of beauty.

First off, I didn’t think Reid’s play calling was all that great most the game. Hell, KC only scored 3 points the first half and pretty much did next to nothing until the game-altering turnover setting them up deep in Niners territory just prior to the start of Q4.

Now, the 4th and 1 call, that was a great call. But there weren’t that many great ones.

Secondly, let’s not forget Andy Reid’s head coaching career in it’s totality. For many years he was thought of in a different light. A guy whose team can’t win the big game. They underachieved many times, and game-planning, play calling, and situational decision making often played a role.

That narrative finally changed while in KC and with Mahomes. But it lasted a long time beforehand.

Why does Reid get the benefit of ignoring many years of his career? I mean, Mike McDaniel is only about to begin year 3. Reid was 16-16 with one postseason appearance his first 2 seasons in Philly. McDaniel is 20-14 with two postseason appearances in Miami. Reid was 1-1 in the postseason, McDaniel is 0-2.

Who’s to say McDaniel’s coaching career can’t follow a similar path as Reid’s if given more and patience? Just sayin.

The biggest move they can make is the O-line......

Followed by ensuring we are at good shape at Edge rushing until Chubb and Phillips are 100%

And a stud LB'r or two.

The best move on offense (and it should be priority #1) is to ensure Tua has more than 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball ... Until that happens fans will not know if Tua is the guy ...

The second best move they should make is to ensure the D has a legitimate chance to harass the opponents Qb and disrupt plays.

The Dolphins is a one-dimensional team on offense without a D that can stay fresh by creating 3 and outs ... and without a ST's strong enough to play the field position game.

Without Tua to Hill the offense struggles. Play calling may be part of the answer but having less than 3 seconds to make a decision on a pass play isn't fair for any Qb IMO. Knowing you can get to Tua within 3 seconds doesn't bode well for the run game either.

Defense is STILL the be all and end all IMO ... no matter what, if the opposing offense can't score then your chances of winning will increase.

In a nutshell, build your team from the trenches ... not from the WR position. All of the other positions of need ... LB, TE and CB/Safety are super important but not at the expense of the trenches. You are "putting the cart before the horse" if you go another direction IMO.

Missi Pyle Karen GIF by MOODMAN

Where’s @eMCee85 to tell us we need to pry Mahomes off KC

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

We are almost there, now Grier has to earn his money, can he help us take that leap? Not sure, but if McD grows (I think he can) and we solidify our oline (a must against quality games esp in playoffs) Then cut/add some higher priced guys for young, cheaper, and even add a vet or two who won't break the bank. Drafting and knowing when to rid yourself of high priced contracts and gain draft compensation and cap relief is what will push us over the edge. It starts with the line, we get pushed around way too much and if this management doesn't value that we'll be watching someone else every year in the playoffs. Build a team that can win our division, period, step 1

Before you get to the Superbowl, you must:
Step 1) Make the playoffs.
Step 2) Win your playoff games.
The last two years we have achieved step #1

Obviously, we need to do that again next year.
Then we can worry about step #2.

We have developed the ability to get into the playoffs, so let's keep working on that. When was the last time we made to the playoffs in back-to-back years?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. - LOL
I wonder what else you put into that pipe. - LOL
Just remember what our HC thinks - Speed Kills!

I bet if we get into the playoffs next year. you will still be whining.
Great intel Ray LOL

I will say if we miss the playoffs or back in weakly like we have the past 2 years to play a game we know we literally have no shot at winning, well you bring the cheese and I’ll bring the whine.

This has to be “moves” not 1 thing is going to get us over the hump.

We have a tough tough division and conference and it’s gonna to take a lot.

The DC for KC is terribly underrated and shocking hasn’t gotten a job interview and HV position.

Steve Spagnuolo has 4 SB rings, two teams, a stud D coordinator and loved by Fin fans for having the D that beat Brady in the SB preventing them from an undefeated season years back. I too can't believe he isn't a HC.​

Back
Top Bottom