The biggest move the front office can make to get us to the Super Bowl next year. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The biggest move the front office can make to get us to the Super Bowl next year.

Did you notice I was wearing my "Dolphins Cape", along with my kilt? - LOL

This has to be “moves” not 1 thing is going to get us over the hump.

We have a tough tough division and conference and it’s gonna to take a lot.

Beyond the players something that’s obvious is we have to get smarter at the coaching level.

Watching Reid work his magic with play calling and selection was a thing of beauty.

The DC for KC is terribly underrated and shocking hasn’t gotten a job interview and HV position.
Agree 100 percent. I think KC has the best quarterback, probably the best head coach, and maybe the best DC in the NFL.

Everyone is chasing KC. I think the positive, for Miami, is that unlike the New England dynasty, the Chiefs aren't in the same division.

To that point, the Dolphins have to figure out Buffalo first. I think matching up with the Bills and Chiefs is similar. Both teams are loaded.

So, I think that's the conversation. How do you best matchup?

Great intel Ray LOL

I will say if we miss the playoffs or back in weakly like we have the past 2 years to play a game we know we literally have no shot at winning, well you bring the cheese and I’ll bring the whine.
I just can't top that. - LOL

First off, I didn’t think Reid’s play calling was all that great most the game. Hell, KC only scored 3 points the first half and pretty much did next to nothing until the game-altering turnover setting them up deep in Niners territory just prior to the start of Q4.

Now, the 4th and 1 call, that was a great call. But there weren’t that many great ones.

Secondly, let’s not forget Andy Reid’s head coaching career in it’s totality. For many years he was thought of in a different light. A guy whose team can’t win the big game. They underachieved many times, and game-planning, play calling, and situational decision making often played a role.

That narrative finally changed while in KC and with Mahomes. But it lasted a long time beforehand.

Why does Reid get the benefit of ignoring many years of his career? I mean, Mike McDaniel is only about to begin year 3. Reid was 16-16 with one postseason appearance his first 2 seasons in Philly. McDaniel is 20-14 with two postseason appearances in Miami. Reid was 1-1 in the postseason, McDaniel is 0-2.

Who’s to say McDaniel’s coaching career can’t follow a similar path as Reid’s if given more and patience? Just sayin.
Good point. It speaks to experience doesn't it?

Reid is a better coach now then he was earlier in his career. It certainly helps to have a generational quarterback like Mahomes and a fantastic DC.

A little off topic, the scary part is how good SF is with its skill position players. McCaffrey is probably the best running back in football. Kittle is probably second to Kelce at tight end. Ayuk and Samuel at wide receiver are good players.

If Miami is looking to matchup better with KC, that's about as good as it gets at the skill position.

Agree 100 percent. I think KC has the best quarterback, probably the best head coach, and maybe the best DC in the NFL.

Everyone is chasing KC. I think the positive, for Miami, is that unlike the New England dynasty, the Chiefs aren't in the same division.

To that point, the Dolphins have to figure out Buffalo first. I think matching up with the Bills and Chiefs is similar. Both teams are loaded.

So, I think that's the conversation. How do you best matchup?
I agree.
If we can focus on beating Buffalo that will have the advantage of giving us the skill to beat a consistently good team.

That should reflect positively on how we play other good teams.

I agree.
If we can focus on beating Buffalo that will have the advantage of giving us the skill to beat a consistently good team.

That should reflect positively on how we play other good teams.
Interesting conversation on Sirius Radio the other day. Of all people, Tom Brady talked about how difficult it is for defenses now because they can't get physical with quarterbacks.

Flags are going to fly if you hit Allen or Mahomes. Serious edge to the quarterback.

He also mentioned how the league is essentially trying to take special teams out of the game, at least the return game. That was another way teams could "swing" games that doesn't happen much anymore.

His point was pretty much what a lot of people are saying here. Load up on offense.

But if you have a good quarterback and not a great quarterback, that obviously limits your chances.

Look at all the talent Purdy has around him. Much more than Mahomes on offense. Although, there certainly were a number of ways SF comes up with the win.

Back
Top Bottom