The Case for Brandon Weeden | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Case for Brandon Weeden

You know, I never even thought about it this way before. I always call Brandon Weeden The Natural or Roy Hobbs. That's because of the way he plays football.

But I was just thinking that it applies in another way. This is a guy that gets drafted in the 2nd round of the MLB Draft out of high school, makes a million or two as a baseball player. Then he decides to walk-on at a prestigious BCS program as a football player, and eventually he's starting, setting every record there is at the school, competing for a championship, etc. He'll make millions in football.

And I've never thought much about it but this year he also successfully made Oklahoma State's golf team as a walk-on. I just looked it up, and Oklahoma State's 12 man golf team is ranked 2nd in the country. And he just walked on, just cuz he kind of likes it. He's got a 2 or 3 handicap when he gets things going.

This is one of those annoying guys that can have never played foosball a day in his life, you teach him how to play, and a week later he's winning thousand dollar foosball tourneys. Some day we're going to be watching him throwing touchdown passes for an NFL team and a lot of people are going to be asking themselves, how did we manage to overthink it on a guy THIS good?

You know, I never even thought about it this way before. I always call Brandon Weeden The Natural or Roy Hobbs. That's because of the way he plays football.

But I was just thinking that it applies in another way. This is a guy that gets drafted in the 2nd round of the MLB Draft out of high school, makes a million or two as a baseball player. Then he decides to walk-on at a prestigious BCS program as a football player, and eventually he's starting, setting every record there is at the school, competing for a championship, etc. He'll make millions in football.

And I've never thought much about it but this year he also successfully made Oklahoma State's golf team as a walk-on. I just looked it up, and Oklahoma State's 12 man golf team is ranked 2nd in the country. And he just walked on, just cuz he kind of likes it. He's got a 2 or 3 handicap when he gets things going.

This is one of those annoying guys that can have never played foosball a day in his life, you teach him how to play, and a week later he's winning thousand dollar foosball tourneys. Some day we're going to be watching him throwing touchdown passes for an NFL team and a lot of people are going to be asking themselves, how did we manage to overthink it on a guy THIS good?

You know as well as I do that his age eliminates him from Jeff Ireland's prototype, so we'll pass on another elite level QB.

Sam Bradford is also a single digit handicap if I'm not mistaken.

Sam Bradford is also a single digit handicap if I'm not mistaken.

Tony Romo is pretty much a scratch golfer. Tom Brady, Brees, Elway, Favre, Marino are single digits. I guess that's a good sign except....Trent Dilfer is also a scratch golfer. I'm about a plus 20. Maybe Henne and I can hit the links then.

Brandon Weeden is too old, reached his ceiling in college. I will throw up if we drafted him earlier than the 5th round. There are only three QBs that I want and thats Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and Ryan Tannehill, if we cant get one of these three than dont waste a draft pick just drafting any old QB. There might be a hidden gem in this draft no one is talking about, but other than the top three i mention I am not interested.

Brandon Weeden is too old, reached his ceiling in college. I will throw up if we drafted him earlier than the 5th round. There are only three QBs that I want and thats Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and Ryan Tannehill, if we cant get one of these three than dont waste a draft pick just drafting any old QB. There might be a hidden gem in this draft no one is talking about, but other than the top three i mention I am not interested.
Aaron Rodgers is the same age. Has he reached his ceiling yet? He seems to get better every year.

brandon weeden should be very high miami's draft board

everyone in the league is a hit away from retirement

weeden is talent now

You know as well as I do that his age eliminates him from Jeff Ireland's prototype, so we'll pass on another elite level QB.

Irelands prototype is a player that comes cheap or is a draft bargain. If Weedon make sit to the 3rd round, I could see Ireland thinking he found a bargain.

Weeden's actually 2 months older than Rodgers and Rodgers has been a starter for 4 seasons now. My problem is, if you take Weeden and he doesn't beat out Matt Moore (whose also younger than him) that's pretty much it

Weeden's actually 2 months older than Rodgers and Rodgers has been a starter for 4 seasons now. My problem is, if you take Weeden and he doesn't beat out Matt Moore (whose also younger than him) that's pretty much it

I don't see why.

i'd be lookin at tyler wilson with my 2nd round pick should he get there...not weeden

please don't compare aaron rodgers and brandon weeden...i like you val and thats horse ****
I agree and I'm honestly not trying to make that comparison. I just meant that if Rodgers is still getting better at the same age as Weeden, can you honestly say that Weeden has already hit his ceiling?

I agree and I'm honestly not trying to make that comparison. I just meant that if Rodgers is still getting better at the same age as Weeden, can you honestly say that Weeden has already hit his ceiling?

you're talking about a guy who's been in the nfl for what 5 years...6 maybe...i don't see how anyone can compare a kid who's done it as this level to a guy who no matter what anyone else wants you to believe etc has been playing against kids 5 years or more younger than him...its just not the same damn thing...

all i know is i'm lookin for more tyler wilson tape...i saw some things on a kid much younger i really liked in the bowl game...and some guys here can disagree with me all day long and thats fine but i see spotty accuracy and ball placement with weeden on throws i think he should make all the time...the kind of stuff i see with matt moore...

frankly i think unless something changes on the tape i do look at with wilson he's a better prospect and much younger

you're talking about a guy who's been in the nfl for what 5 years...6 maybe...i don't see how anyone can compare a kid who's done it as this level to a guy who no matter what anyone else wants you to believe etc has been playing against kids 5 years or more younger than him...its just not the same damn thing...

all i know is i'm lookin for more tyler wilson tape...i saw some things on a kid much younger i really liked in the bowl game...and some guys here can disagree with me all day long and thats fine but i see spotty accuracy and ball placement with weeden on throws i think he should make all the time...the kind of stuff i see with matt moore...

frankly i think unless something changes on the tape i do look at with wilson he's a better prospect and much younger
I was just trying to say that Weeden can still get better at his age. He hasn't topped out already like the guy was trying to say.

I do like Tyler Wilson as well, though.

Back
Top Bottom