The Chicago White Sox Thread | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Chicago White Sox Thread

I don't know about this year, but to be 100% honest, I am so happy the White Sox won the Championship last year. If they don't get it again, i am cool. We won it, while i was alive. Just like the Miami Heat, and now i hope the Dolphins.

But, it would be oh so sweet to win another one..:lol:

icephinfan said:
AW damn, not Scott Podsedick, he's a good lead off guy, send Brian Anderson.

Scott Podsednik is not a good player.

djfresh47 said:

I agree. He's extremely overrated because the White Sox won the WS last year. All he has is speed and even that hasn't been as good as in the past due to his leg/knee injuries.

djfresh47 said:

Nah, he is good. White Sox is the right system for him, all speed. Just stay healthy. Hey he did help us win a TITLE. But, if it is time for him to go, then so be it.

Another win vs the Orioles, but were not nearly as dominant as we were last year.

How about Mr. Controversy A.J. 5-5.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree. He's extremely overrated because the White Sox won the WS last year. All he has is speed and even that hasn't been as good as in the past due to his leg/knee injuries.

He was absolutely horrendous on the base paths after the all-star break. He's average at best defensively.

icephinfan said:
Nah, he is good. White Sox is the right system for him, all speed. Just stay healthy. Hey he did help us win a TITLE. But, if it is time for him to go, then so be it.

He's not very good on the base paths. He gets thrown out alot and has not been the same since the 1st half of last season. In particular since he tweaked his groin. He's got little pop in his bat and if he can't leg out bunt singles and sacrifice I think he's probably best served to be a 4th outfielder.

djfresh47 said:
He's not very good on the base paths. He gets thrown out alot and has not been the same since the 1st half of last season. In particular since he tweaked his groin. He's got little pop in his bat and if he can't leg out bunt singles and sacrifice I think he's probably best served to be a 4th outfielder.

Yeah, his injury has not helped him at all. Why no trades for us, makes no sense. Unless, I am missing something. But, Kenny Williams didn't pull the trigger this year.

Nice win for the SOX tonight, Contreras pitched well.

RonnieBrownv2-1.jpg

icephinfan said:
Yeah, his injury has not helped him at all. Why no trades for us, makes no sense. Unless, I am missing something. But, Kenny Williams didn't pull the trigger this year.

Nobody really was out there. McDougal will help and Alomar is an upgrade over Widger. No point in bringing in a bat and the starting pitching that was available was not very good.

djfresh47 said:
Nobody really was out there. McDougal will help and Alomar is an upgrade over Widger. No point in bringing in a bat and the starting pitching that was available was not very good.

I still would have liked us to traded with the Brewers Clark, for Anderson though.

Alomar is getting up there though, you think he will get much playing time???

icephinfan said:
I still would have liked us to traded with the Brewers Clark, for Anderson though.

Alomar is getting up there though, you think he will get much playing time???

Anderson is one of the teams top prospects. He's hit .300 over the last two months and is their best defensive outfield. Dye has a cannon but limited range and Podsednik has a noodle arm and is not very good defensively. Anderson has improved and will be the CF for this team for awhile. Alomar is catching tonight. Chris Widger was awful.

djfresh47 said:
Anderson is one of the teams top prospects. He's hit .300 over the last two months and is their best defensive outfield. Dye has a cannon but limited range and Podsednik has a noodle arm and is not very good defensively. Anderson has improved and will be the CF for this team for awhile. Alomar is catching tonight. Chris Widger was awful.

I just hope Anderson can be consistent, Podsednic will come on stronger. He did great for us in the post season.

Back
Top Bottom