The Kenny McKinley Memorial Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Kenny McKinley Memorial Thread

I understand u all have gone threw **** but so what, thats no reason to disrespect mckinley? say r.i.p to the guy and end it at that. Its hes life, if he wanted to end it than its hes choice.

So, I should have compassion and respect for a guy who willingly and knowingly decides to put his family and friends through hell??? No thanks, I'll pass.

So, I should have compassion and respect for a guy who willingly and knowingly decides to put his family and friends through hell??? No thanks, I'll pass.

i give up, u win. Tear him to shreds.

I understand u all have gone threw **** but so what, thats no reason to disrespect mckinley? say r.i.p to the guy and end it at that. Its hes life, if he wanted to end it than its hes choice.

Then its my choice to not respect that he killed himself. What about his son? I could never leave m daughter like that. No way in hell.

Can u be any more of a drama queen? My goodness, you act like he's happy about the situation. Get a grip dude.

Have u read my posts in this thread? i have been nothing but the peacemaker. So u get a grip.

Then its my choice to not respect that he killed himself. What about his son? I could never leave m daughter like that. No way in hell.

In regards to all posts like this. Sure all of us could never imagine leaving our loved ones behind like this. But there are two points that we should think of this in this place.
1. If you don't have a respectful offer of condolence it might be best to choose silence. Of course we don't agree with the choice. I know. But the choice is not made with your mind or your clearness. And there are family left behind that need support and we should make sure that our efforts are only in support of those left behind. And bashing does not support.

2. This is obviously a circumstance that no one can understand. It is completely uncomprehendable by us so imagine the depths of the mind of a person willing to take this step. You can't? Either can I. We don't understand it because this is not a normal functioning mind. Thats why I am sympathetic.

I mentioned earlier the suicide of a former player that I coached. At his Funeral the sermon was so powerful. It dealt with suicide and how God and us should handle our questions. God does not permit these actions. But the sermon suggested our relationship with god and his forgiveness. I will not try to even discuss the priests ability to offer a way for us to understand but it was powerful. This world is greater than our understanding and his touch is greater than that. We cannot understand but we can trust in his care. I wish I could better express the sermon because it gave me comfort and the ability to see past the sad act.

In regards to all posts like this. Sure all of us could never imagine leaving our loved ones behind like this. But there are two points that we should think of this in this place.
1. If you don't have a respectful offer of condolence it might be best to choose silence. Of course we don't agree with the choice. I know. But the choice is not made with your mind or your clearness. And there are family left behind that need support and we should make sure that our efforts are only in support of those left behind. And bashing does not support.

2. This is obviously a circumstance that no one can understand. It is completely uncomprehendable by us so imagine the depths of the mind of a person willing to take this step. You can't? Either can I. We don't understand it because this is not a normal functioning mind. Thats why I am sympathetic.

I mentioned earlier the suicide of a former player that I coached. At his Funeral the sermon was so powerful. It dealt with suicide and how God and us should handle our questions. God does not permit these actions. But the sermon suggested our relationship with god and his forgiveness. I will not try to even discuss the priests ability to offer a way for us to understand but it was powerful. This world is greater than our understanding and his touch is greater than that. We cannot understand but we can trust in his care. I wish I could better express the sermon because it gave me comfort and the ability to see past the sad act.

I know man. My full condolences go out to his family.

I understand completly about this. Ive lost more loved ones than the average person does. I've dealt with it and never even thought of taking my life. His whole entire family is now completly ****ed up becuase he decided to kill himself. I for one don't understand how you can kill yourself. The most selfish and lame act anybody can do.

R.I.P. Kenny McKinley...

All Game**** fans know what a great human being Kenny was. He was revered by his teammates and coaches for both his talents on the field, as well as his personality off of it. He was a leader on that team, and all of our fans loved him, cheered for him, and are now crying for him. Nobody is condoning what he did, but this is a thread and a period for mourning the loss of his life. Nobody expects you all to share the same opinion...just try to realize that he is more than "some random person" to some of us. Yes, he was a Bronco. Yes, he was a Game****. You may not have been a fan of either, but try to remember - first and foremost, he was a human being, a person, and a loved one to many. Just please try to respect those that care about this situation, and if you don't have an interest in this thread...please care enough for your fellow Dolfans to leave this thread to those who wish to mourn his loss.

Peace to you all. We're all family when it comes to moments like this.

sure, but whats that got to do with him? He was obviously a selfish and weak human being. I can feel for his friends and family.....him, not so much.

As people we tend to view the world through our narrow point of view. We are not here to judge our fellow human brothers.
That's not Your job.
I would go off but I don't want to disrespect this thread.

I love the support on this forum.

For 1, this is a message board, not a funeral.Having spent 9 yrs in the military (where the suicide rate is well above civilian life) having been through 3 deployments, going for #4 next month, I've seen my fare share of suicides.I have 0 respect or remorse for people who feel life is so bad they decide the only thing left to do is make life worse for everyone that knows them.Our chaplains assistant blew his brains out all over his living area...why? bc his gf broke up with him. Get ****ing real.I've been through a lot and seen a lot of ****, why would I take the easy route for me and make everything worse for everyone around me? No thanks, it's just not in me. I'm sorry if my feelings or views are not in line with yours, but at least we can both hate the Jets.

I feel for your circumstances as well. Pain is a natural emotion. It is the ultimate teacher. Pain should bring us together.
Not lead to enforcing your point of view on everyone else.

I am a die hard dolphin fan. I am a human being first. I feel proud that this thread is on finheaven. If it bothers you just stay off this thread.

I don't want to argue with you. Can't you just let people show some love? Why does it bother you so much when people are showing compassion? Learn something about unconditional love. That's what real love is.

Back
Top Bottom