The Kenny McKinley Memorial Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Kenny McKinley Memorial Thread

ummm....the only person who had no consideration for his family and friends was him...

Please man. There is nothing respectful, loving, or compassionate to these posts.
This thread is for people who want to give their condolences.

If you want to push forth your personnel beliefs then lets start a new philosophical thread, I'm down. And I'll argue with you all day.

I don't know why it bothers you so much when fellow human beings are showing some unconditional love.

So, I should have compassion and respect for a guy who willingly and knowingly decides to put his family and friends through hell??? No thanks, I'll pass.

That's fine man I'M NOT going to judge you for that and nobody else is either. I respect your life experiences and I'm sure you came to that conclusion yourself.

But I get the feeling YOU ARE judging people who do have compassion. I could be wrong, but it's just the feeling I get from your posts.

We all are shaped by our own life experiences. How could you possible have the slightest clue to everything going on in everyone elses life. It's judging somebody from a very narrow perspective.

Wisdom=wider perspective

It's a random guy. Why do you care so much? You didn't know him did you?

I like to think that sports brings people together. True, I didn't know him. But there is so much apathy in the world. Check that, society. The world is beautiful place. Society in 2010 is not.
It has to start somewhere. Compassion for him. And for everyone else in the world period. It has to start somewhere.

Can we be respectful and keep our comments to ourselves. As someone who has had a close friend commit suicide, I ask of all to be respectful. If you do not agree with McKinley's decision please reserve your thoughts. This thread is meant as a memorial, not a trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. That's horrible. I wonder if he had some pain med/management problems?

Prayers to his family...

Thoughts and prayers go out to the McKinley family. As one who has had a friend commit suicide, I will say it sucks, and it just makes everyone who knew the person wonder if there was anything more they could've done. Suicide certainly isn't something many of us can understand, but sometimes a person gets so lonely and down, that they do what they consider, their only escape.

Again, thoughts and prayers out to the McKinley family, I cannot imagine what they are going through in this time of grief.

RIP Kenny McKinley.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the McKinley family. As one who has had a friend commit suicide, I will say it sucks, and it just makes everyone who knew the person wonder if there was anything more they could've done. Suicide certainly isn't something many of us can understand, but sometimes a person gets so lonely and down, that they do what they consider, their only escape.

Again, thoughts and prayers out to the McKinley family, I cannot imagine what they are going through in this time of grief.

RIP Kenny McKinley.

It is a sickness. I don't even like to talk about it, I had a close friend of mine completely lose his mind and commit the act. This guy was one of the most nicest and thoughtful persons I have known, but he almost became possessed like when he decided to take his life. Definitely a touchy subject, I truly feel for his families and peers.

Josh McDaniels is bad juju for that club.

Did McKinley kill himself because his knee injury was career-ending?

So, I should have compassion and respect for a guy who willingly and knowingly decides to put his family and friends through hell??? No thanks, I'll pass.

Fine, that's your views.. You're entitled to them.

However, I think it's in pretty low class to put them on a MEMORIAL THREAD for the guy.

I understand everyone has to put their two cents out there in this day and age, especially on a public forum, yet in circumstances like this, I wish you would live by the mantra our parents once tought us -- "If you can't say anything nice......."

Also, to understand suicide, you have to understand depression as a whole.

While I refuse to divulge in my life stories, I can tell you that I've lived with clincal depression since I was 10 years old, and I assure you it is the most misunderstood illness out there.

Imagine living with life carrying a 6,000 pound anvil on your shoulders--- every waking moment of the day. When your days are good, it's a life line of survival. When days go bad, that 6,000 pound anvil becomes a 10,000 pound anvil.

Once in awhile, people can overcome this. I have. Not that the depression has gone away by a long shot.. However, I've got a wonderful support system. My wife is also the best friend I've ever had, I'm one of the lucky ones who can say they married their best friend, she's truly been an anchor for me; and my daughter makes me externally and internally smile every day. Between the two of them, they've built my confidence and my spirit in ways they NEVER had been built before 2000 (when I met my wife). Because of them, I live every day, and they've taught me to overcome and to live life, not to allow life to live you.

While I'm one who DID overcome, others can't and never do. You can't fault them.. You've never lived their life.

I do hope that Kenny McKinley found the peace in death that he never had in life. It's a sad, unfortunate story of life overwhelming yet another young soul before his time should have been up.

Rest in Peace.

Back
Top Bottom