The lawsuit will be against NFL not the Dolphins,hazing is a legal form of bullying. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The lawsuit will be against NFL not the Dolphins,hazing is a legal form of bullying.

So the context of a text message never needs to be fully understood on the given sutuation. Everything everyone texts or leaves in a voicemail should be taken literally.

Do tell, whats the context for accepting the $15 grand?

And burst out laughing by the way :sidelol: I find it so terribly boring trying to paint someone as racist during these things. In fact, i think that tactic is pure crap. Incognito has a right to be racist(and i dont think he is for the record). That said, the vast majority of the people who have heard those texts have found it appalling, even other players. Its going to take a hell of a lot of context to appease people. Oh, and spoiler alert: saying he was drunk wont help.

Have you ever played in an NFL locker room?

If not, who are you to say what the rules should be.

Please, spare me legal shenanigans. Players, the Union, coaches, teams, everyone, had NO PROBLEM with what was happening up until this Martin fiasco. Hazing rituals were included in every Hard Knocks season from what I remember. so let's not be hypocritical here.

A man had a mental relapse under the pressure of professional sports. Won't be the first or last time. Another man had a mental lapse in judgement.

All being fair... do they both not deserve assistance and help. Isn't each man worthy of forgiveness? Who are you to throw stones?

Let the players decide who they want to go to battle with. You and I aren't risking out health and well being every weekend for financial gain and our amusement.

Post of the year. Agree 100%

I believe i heard that the league will be totally transparent in this case.

Of course they will. ;) And Obama was telling the truth when he said that "If you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance plan."

Your missing the whole point. We all agree he has the right to report the issue. Fine . Great. Go to coach and if it continues then report it to the authorities.

What pisses everyone off is he purposefully withheld the information from team management only to blow the roof off through the national media. That's a piece of **** and worse than anything Martin said to him. Remember we are only talking about WORDS. Not beating recruits.....geez man...I don't see how you keep defending a coward action. Yes only a coward would not tell the coach.

Coaches had a hand in the harassment. How has that not sunk in? :sidelol: Are you just not getting it? He didnt feel comfortable reporting the problem to the same exact people causing the problem. I dont know how to put that more bluntly. Im baffled how people can think thats a legitimate justification to strip Martin of his rights. :sidelol:

Martin saved the evidence because he had the reasonable expectation that it wasnt going to stop. And it didnt. So hes using the evidence. Martin has the damned right to try and save his reputation, try and save his future employment, try and get what he feels is justice served. Especially because(what the evidence shows) hes the victim here. :sidelol: Just...amazing how people cant figure this out.

Coaches had a hand in the harassment. How has that not sunk in? :sidelol: Are you just not getting it? He didnt feel comfortable reporting the problem to the same exact people causing the problem. I dont know how to put that more bluntly. Im baffled how people can think thats a legitimate justification to strip Martin of his rights. :sidelol:

Martin saved the evidence because he had the reasonable expectation that it wasnt going to stop. And it didnt. So hes using the evidence. Martin has the damned right to try and save his reputation, try and save his future employment, try and get what he feels is justice served. Especially because(what the evidence shows) hes the victim here. :sidelol: Just...amazing how people cant figure this out.
Where is your proof that the coaches were aware that this was ongoing, or command directed-as if incognito has some legal or moral duty to the cause. Is he incapable of thinking for himself? You keep referring to personal speculation as "evidence" and then criticizing others with laughter emoticons for not subscribing. Where is this "evidence"?

Have you ever played in an NFL locker room?

If not, who are you to say what the rules should be.

Please, spare me legal shenanigans. Players, the Union, coaches, teams, everyone, had NO PROBLEM with what was happening up until this Martin fiasco. Hazing rituals were included in every Hard Knocks season from what I remember. so let's not be hypocritical here.

A man had a mental relapse under the pressure of professional sports. Won't be the first or last time. Another man had a mental lapse in judgement.

All being fair... do they both not deserve assistance and help. Isn't each man worthy of forgiveness? Who are you to throw stones?

Let the players decide who they want to go to battle with. You and I aren't risking out health and well being every weekend for financial gain and our amusement.

:sidelol: "How do you know what the rules are and dont waste my time explaining the rules". I suppose thats not totally fair, you asked to avoid the legalities of it all, but still, come on.:lol:

Ive repeatedly posted that asking Martin to pick up the bill at the ending of training camp wasnt wrong. Ive said what other teams put their players through isnt that big of a deal. Heres the problem: ours continued vastly longer and was more serious then the norm. If Incognito asked him to pay for dinner as a rookie, then hey, thats life on the team. Hitting him up for $15 grand a year later is bull****. Riding his ass for well over a year until the point of freaking out is bull****.

One man has had repeatedly lapses in judgement for a long period of time. Another might have had a mental lapse(im unaware he had a lapse before this, hence the lack of "re") as a direct result of the first man's lapse in judgement.

Im not lining Incognito up against the wall and handing him a smoke. But it looks bad for him and im not going to pretend it doesnt. And im sure as hell not going to give him the benefit of the doubt simply because i want the team to avoid punishment or not look bad or whatever other reason people want to come up with. People have chosen to forget, Martin is a Dolphin as well. They just dont like how he was forced to leave, thus hes to be blamed for everything.

I would absolutely welcome this team patching it up and moving on. Dont get me wrong, im all about this thing disappearing. Im just not going to beat up on Martin to pseudo-accomplish that disappearance.

edit in: apologies, missed a line: yes, im all about everyone receiving the help they need. Absolutely. I was all about Incognito when it appeared he cleaned up his life. The problem is, he apparently didnt clean it up. If he can do so, then by all means i'll applaud it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richie and his family are clowns, but :sidelol: at this conversation. Calling your dad to tell him you just got suspended 4 games without pay and that your career is ruined, clearly a case of 'running to daddy to get patted on the back.'

And yet, calling your mother to let her know youve been run out of the team and your career is ruined: "running to mommy".

Im fine with how each handled this(though i thought it was hilarious that Incognito went into radio silence the minute actual proof existed, but thats an aside). But if others want to play up the "running" narrative, im game. I dont think this forum of all places should play that game after the epic meltdown of Incognito Alpha, but thats just me.

Please, spare me legal shenanigans. Players, the Union, coaches, teams, everyone, had NO PROBLEM with what was happening up until this Martin fiasco.

That's simply not true. Not even close. Everyone here has spent so much time bashing ESPN that the interviews apparently have been ignored. Numerous players have detailed that hazing was specifically forbidden. One player today said the head coach held a team meeting and banned hazing. But that player emphasized that the coach doesn't control the locker room, that the players do. The players went around the coach's orders and continued the hazing on a smaller scale.

After this episode, the practice definitely will be lessened, and more teams will enforce an outright ban. I'm all for it.

The monetary demands are particularly obscene. Let's say a player has a short career and manages to pocket only a small amount. The extra 10 or 20 or 30 thousand that he keeps minus peer pressure can help immeasurably in living expenses and transitioning to a new career, if not returning to college to finish his degree. I can't believe the NFL has allowed that atrocity to go on for this long.

Where is your proof that the coaches were aware that this was ongoing, or command directed-as if incognito has some legal or moral duty to the cause. Is he incapable of thinking for himself? You keep referring to personal speculation as "evidence" and then criticizing others with laughter emoticons for not subscribing. Where is this "evidence"?

There have been countless threads on the subject on this forum. You might have to go back a page or maybe two, its been swamped.

If Incognito did it by himself, then hes to blame(though i will still attach some fault on the Dolphins for not recognizing the problem). If he did it at their request, hes still at fault but so is the team.

If this is a giant conspiracy by the Martin clan to destroy the Dolphins, then i'll eat my crow.

That's simply not true. Not even close. Everyone here has spent so much time bashing ESPN that the interviews apparently have been ignored. Numerous players have detailed that hazing was specifically forbidden. One player today said the head coach held a team meeting and banned hazing. But that player emphasized that the coach doesn't control the locker room, that the players do. The players went around the coach's orders and continued the hazing on a smaller scale.

After this episode, the practice definitely will be lessened, and more teams will enforce an outright ban. I'm all for it.

The monetary demands are particularly obscene. Let's say a player has a short career and manages to pocket only a small amount. The extra 10 or 20 or 30 thousand that he keeps minus peer pressure can help immeasurably in living expenses and transitioning to a new career, if not returning to college to finish his degree. I can't believe the NFL has allowed that atrocity to go on for this long.

Eleven seasons into his football career, Washington Redskins linebacker Nick Barnett figures he has a pretty good sense of the sort of teasing and hazing and horsing around that happens in the typical NFL locker room, especially when it comes to rookies.

They’re stuck with $5,000 dinner tabs. They’re told to tote the helmets or pads of older players. They’re held down and given unwanted haircuts or get their eyebrows shaved.

What he’s never heard of, Barnett said Tuesday, is the kind of accusations of out-and-out bullying and harassment at the heart of why second-year offensive tackle Jonathan Martin suddenly left the Miami Dolphins a week ago because of emotional distress, and why his linemate, Richie Incognito, was suspended indefinitely by the team.

“You have different people, different personalities, different cultures in here, and it’s not going to be the same as in an accountant’s office or Wall Street. Same as our armed forces,” Barnett said, standing at his locker after Washington’s practice. “But every social setting has its standards, and when (you) cross those standards ... especially with a guy who is 6-something-foot tall, 300 pounds ... not coming to practice because he feels bullied or whatever the case is, now we have an issue.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...0453a6-467c-11e3-95a9-3f15b5618ba8_story.html

Theres more in there. I think one or two people defended hazing, but most said the Dolphins went way to far. Our locker room might have come out swinging, but players around the league are expressing their support for Martin and their uneasiness with what happened.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 5h
Clabo: "If you have a legitimate problem with somebody, you should say, 'Hey, I have a problem with this,' and stand up and be a man."

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 5h
Randy Starks: "Miami Dolphins are not a bad team. We don't do anything differently than any other team do to young guys."

Guys, have you all lost your mind......?

All of this should be non news and I'm being serious.

It's absolutely insane that people outside of football, whom have never been in a football locker room really view this as a "true" bullying case.

It is not....!

I do not know either player, but based on the facts, both of Martin's parents are graduates of Harvard, probably lawyers, and the Dolphins will probably be sued over a non-issue.

Jonathan Martin does not have the mental capacity to play in the NFL and is not emotionally mature to handle the sheer brutality of the sport and he's now trying to blame Richie Incognito for losing it emotionally for leaving? Look the NFL is not for everyone, let Jonathan Martin walk.

The NFL is now being emasculated into a a flag football league and it sickens me.

Imagine if today Jimmy Johnson said, hey the asthma field is over there and cutting a player right there on the spot today.

Back in 1950, more than 80 percent of all men in the United States had jobs. Today, less than 65 percent of all men in the United States have jobs.

The United States has the highest incarceration rate on the entire globe by a very wide margin. Overall, the U.S. has approximately 25 percent of the entire global prison population even though it only has 5 percent of the total global population. Men make up the vast majority of those that we are holding in our prisons. Is this not hard to believe?

According to the Pew Research Center, only 51 percent of all American adults are currently married. Back in 1960, 72 percent of all adults in the United States were married.

Players suing the league....?

In the old days, the NFL was simply a part time job, now its become a over-paid full time job with whinny cry babies like Martin?

Give me a break! But, what the hell is going on with our society?

Guys, have you all lost your mind......?

All of this should be non news and I'm being serious.

It's absolutely insane that people outside of football, whom have never been in a football locker room really view this as a "true" bullying case.

It is not....!

I do not know either player, but based on the facts, both of Martin's parents are graduates of Harvard, probably lawyers, and the Dolphins will probably be sued over a non-issue.

Jonathan Martin does not have the mental capacity to play in the NFL and is not emotionally mature to handle the sheer brutality of the sport and he's now trying to blame Richie Incognito for losing it emotionally for leaving? Look the NFL is not for everyone, let Jonathan Martin walk.

The NFL is now being emasculated into a a flag football league and it sickens me.

Imagine if today Jimmy Johnson said, hey the asthma field is over there and cutting a player right there on the spot today.

Back in 1950, more than 80 percent of all men in the United States had jobs. Today, less than 65 percent of all men in the United States have jobs.

The United States has the highest incarceration rate on the entire globe by a very wide margin. Overall, the U.S. has approximately 25 percent of the entire global prison population even though it only has 5 percent of the total global population. Men make up the vast majority of those that we are holding in our prisons. Is this not hard to believe?

According to the Pew Research Center, only 51 percent of all American adults are currently married. Back in 1960, 72 percent of all adults in the United States were married.

Players suing the league....?

In the old days, the NFL was simply a part time job, now its become a over-paid full time job with whinny cry babies like Martin?

Give me a break! But, what the hell is going on with our society?

Please give us a break and stop copying this message and reposting it in new threads.

Our society comes down hard on potential discrimination and abuse. Thats a great thing, not a bad one.

Please give us a break and stop copying this message and reposting it in new threads.

Our society comes down hard on potential discrimination and abuse. Thats a great thing, not a bad one.

I want to get my point across how the media has made this story a complete circus and many of you are making unbelievable statements about the Coaches and the staff.

Back
Top Bottom