The lawsuit will be against NFL not the Dolphins,hazing is a legal form of bullying. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The lawsuit will be against NFL not the Dolphins,hazing is a legal form of bullying.

With all due respect, this is exactly what the court system is for. What would you have rather him do? Take an AK-47 into the locker room and go postal on the team? The court system is exactly the mechanism that our founding fathers in their wisdom put in place to deal with situations like this.

Most people would bring the issue to their management. You speak to line coach or Philbin first, and then the if the issue calls for it, you go above him. There is a structure firmly in place for work grievances...

Most people would bring the issue to their management. You speak to line coach or Philbin first, and then the if the issue calls for it, you go above him. There is a structure firmly in place for work grievances...

most people would bring this issue to their management unless that management was viewed as a participant or conspirator. a couple of us brought this up earlier in the tread but in case it was missed, the whistleblower act is in place for those unable to go to their management and need a higher power. if martin had been aware that his coaches and or front office was involved, he had every right to take the route he did.

People in the organization not only looked the other way, they encouraged and directed the harassment.

This is exactly what the court system is for.

Soooooo do you still feel strongly that Big Weirdo will win his case against the dolphins? Eat crow

They directed Incognito to go after Martin. They left it up to Incognito on how to do that. This is on the team. They gave Incognito the motivation and he went nuts(as he was prone to). If i let my dog run around a park without a leash, im held responsible if he bites someone.

:sidelol: at the objectively claim. Im going by the laws of this nation and the NFL's own rules. You and others have been repeating variations of "this isnt the teams fault because i dont want it to be the teams fault!" Victim blaming, excuse making, laughable justifications, false accusations about motives, Ad Hominem tactics, peoples own imaginations of what a locker room is, etc, etc, etc.
Just like every other company in America, the NFL has a responsibility for making a safe work environment. The Dolphins failed to do that. Period. End of story. As much as it enrages people, Martin is protected under the same laws as every other American. Deal with it.

Remember innocent until proven guilty? Did you just judge incognito before understanding martins true intentions? Martin can't be part of the club sharing the voicemails with teammates laughing and joking and then cry foul.

Ive sait it before: the NFL is not exempt from US laws.

There are a ton of players speaking out in their supporting Martin as well. Ryan Clark, Coby Fleener, David DeCastro, etc. Regardless, popularity contests are irrelevant. Again: The NFL is not exempt from the law.

You can instill toughness without abusing people. 31 other teams have figured it out. The military has figured it out. Other sports have figured it out. We screwed up.

But yes, we finally do agree: Incognito was a horrific person to turn to for this. It was a huge mistake. The man has demons and putting him in a leadership position was a hideous idea. Unfortunately, it was a mistake that had consequences. Now the team has to make this right, because it failed Martin when it let Incognito off their leash.

It's not a popularity contest. Name a player from the dolphins locker room who was present daily for these traumatic "abuse" incidents as you describe it? You know, eye witnesses.

It's not a popularity contest. Name a player from the dolphins locker room who was present daily for these traumatic "abuse" incidents as you describe it? You know, eye witnesses.

well, Martin did file a formal complaint. we'll see if any others not named incognito participated or witnessed were mentioned.

So far we've heard from Starks, tannehill, Brent grimes, Tyson clabo, wi Davis who all say Cogs is not a racist, and no bullying occurred.

I'm going to side with the guys that were there....just sayin

Lawsuits have already occurred in the military. Military lost. Now, if a sergeant or what have you crosses the line into abuse, hes punished or dismissed. Yet, despite having supposed marshmallows in the ranks, we still have the deadliest military the world has ever known. Wonder why that is? Probably because they've figured out how to instill "toughness" without destroying someone.

The NFL is an American company bound by American laws. The locker room is not the sovereign territory of some other country that just happened to invade certain spots of this country. Keep trying to blame the victim, but this is ridiculous. Every other team has no problem being tough without abusive. We screwed up. Why? Probably because we left a psychotic in charge of the process.
Toughness is an internal thing, and Martin has shown more the Incognito ever has when he walked away.
Hilarious. You know nothing about the military, and even less about toughness.

Soooooo do you still feel strongly that Big Weirdo will win his case against the dolphins? Eat crow

Yup. Probably because people are still calling him Big Weirdo.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Dont need an eye witness, voice mail handles that nicely. Next?

Lawsuits have already occurred in the military. Military lost. Now, if a sergeant or what have you crosses the line into abuse, hes punished or dismissed. Yet, despite having supposed marshmallows in the ranks, we still have the deadliest military the world has ever known. Wonder why that is? Probably because they've figured out how to instill "toughness" without destroying someone.

The NFL is an American company bound by American laws. The locker room is not the sovereign territory of some other country that just happened to invade certain spots of this country. Keep trying to blame the victim, but this is ridiculous. Every other team has no problem being tough without abusive. We screwed up. Why? Probably because we left a psychotic in charge of the process.
Toughness is an internal thing, and Martin has shown more the Incognito ever has when he walked away.

I thank you for your service. Not. You know nothing about the military except the wrong info you get from the news. Don't talk about toughness unless you deployed into a combat zone 6 times. This piddly **** so called nfl toughness is nothing.
And to the idiot who thinks I got my feelings hurt, go fornicate with yourself. It will take a hell of a lot more than you to hurt my feelings.

Remember innocent until proven guilty? Did you just judge incognito before understanding martins true intentions? Martin can't be part of the club sharing the voicemails with teammates laughing and joking and then cry foul.

I judged Incognito on the evidence stacked against him

Other then "its not true because i dont want it to be true!" what do you have? Martin laughing when surrounded by those trying to pressure him into laughing. What a shocking revelation!!! Youve won!!! :sidelol:

Martin is building a case that his teammates pressured him into acting and feeling a certain way. Declaring Martin conformed to what was going on just give his case weight. Seriously, are you unable to think these things past the first step? This isnt critical thinking.

I judged Incognito on the evidence stacked against him

Other then "its not true because i dont want it to be true!" what do you have? Martin laughing when surrounded by those trying to pressure him into laughing. What a shocking revelation!!! Youve won!!! :sidelol:

Martin is building a case that his teammates pressured him into acting and feeling a certain way. Declaring Martin conformed to what was going on just give his case weight. Seriously, are you unable to think these things past the first step? This isnt critical thinking.

He may be building a case but that does not mean that it is the truth. The lawyers might see Martin with patty hearst syndrome but it may just be as these players have described and they were friends before MArtin left. We know nothing of Martin's mental state before during or after he was drafted by the Fins, perhaps he is misinterpreting this whole thing, who knows until the league lets out ALL the info.

Hilarious. You know nothing about the military, and even less about toughness.

I thank you for your service. Not. You know nothing about the military except the wrong info you get from the news. Don't talk about toughness unless you deployed into a combat zone 6 times. This piddly **** so called nfl toughness is nothing.
And to the idiot who thinks I got my feelings hurt, go fornicate with yourself. It will take a hell of a lot more than you to hurt my feelings.

However, Marine Corps spokesman Captain Richard Ulsh said the text of the supposed Marine recruit's letter didn't seem credible, for a variety of reasons.

He pointed out that Gawker's story said the recruit had emailed the letter to friends -- which threw up a red flag, as Marine recruits do not have access to email. Military experts have also raised this question, but Gawker told HuffPost this week that the letter had been first handwritten by the recruit and later was transcribed and forwarded as an email.

Ulsh also said that the letter accuses drill instructors of using language and acting in a manner that is not tolerated in boot camp.

"I mean, we're all human. ... There are people who might do that," Ulsh told HuffPost. "But the way [the recruit] talks about it is like it happens every day all the time. There are strict measures enforced that prevent those sorts of things from happening."

Drill Instructors are not even allowed to "drop f-bombs," according to Ulsh, and if they were throwing around offensive slurs, "there would certainly be repercussions."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/25/marine-letter-******s-boot-camp_n_3322214.html

Oh wait, thats the media, so it must be wrong.

Drill instructors are not supposed to use profanity, nor are they allowed to physically touch a recruit (other than for safety reasons, such as on the weapon's range). So, how to they maintain discipline? In the other services, it may be push-ups, or possibly some running. In the Marine Corps, you get "quarter-decked."

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/a/marinebasic_4.htm

Dammit media, stop that.

Most of what you consider evidence a reasonable person considers speculation, at this point. The only evidence you have is a drunk dial from probably two in the morning that happened over 6 months ago that the accuser laughed at and voluntary shared with teammates. The defense has 50+ eyewitnesses of a personal friendship and the fact that this "abuse" was never reported. A REASONABLE person will conclude given the lifestyle of an NFL athlete, as described by said eyewitnesses, it might be considered unfair to assume that Incognito knew what he was doing was affecting the accuser with no warning. Neither direct, indirect, or third party notification. Unless Martin has more, and he may, I think he easily loses.

Back
Top Bottom