the Lions are listening to Offers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the Lions are listening to Offers

Rodgers seemed to lack stamina in Detroit. What the heck would he do playing in 100+ degree heat index in Miami?? He needs to get in shape and drop some excess pounds.

I do not think the price tag to acquire Roy Williams would be a 2nd Rounder.

[Booth Newspapers' Tom Kowalski reports the Lions will have to be "overwhelmed" by a trade offer to part ways with Roy Williams.

Kowalski says Williams is on the block and that the Lions will certainly entertain offers, but they want to get one more year out of him. Williams is still expected to leave Detroit as an unrestricted free agenct next offseason.
Source: MLive.com ]

* If we made such a trade then we would have to draft Glenn Dorsey and play the 4-3. The middle of our run defense would be among the league's best.

Rodgers seemed to lack stamina in Detroit. What the heck would he do playing in 100+ degree heat index in Miami?? He needs to get in shape and drop some excess pounds.
No question he has to get himself in shape, he's eating himself right out of the league at the rate he's going. But when he's on and his head is in the game, he's a heck of a player. I think Parcells and Co. might feel that they can whip him into shape and keep him motivated. If he's released, the only thing it will cost us is $$$. It's worth a shot IMO.

Bad deal, I heard on Sirius Radio that the Lions want a second or third round pick for Williams. Maybe we could trade Ricky Williams for Roy Williams.

A Williams for a Williams? Also our 1st round pick should only be spent on Chad Johnson or some one of equal importance.

I do not think the price tag to acquire Roy Williams would be a 2nd Rounder.

* If we made such a trade then we would have to draft Glenn Dorsey and play the 4-3. The middle of our run defense would be among the league's best.
When this report came out a month or two ago, it stated that the Lions were looking for a 2nd rounder or a very good defensive player in return for Williams. That led alot of people to speculate that JT could be traded straight up for Williams, but there is no way JT would report to Detroit if we traded him there. If he's traded, he'll want to go to a winning team with a chance for a SB, he would do everything in his power to try and block that trade from happening.

Bad deal, I heard on Sirius Radio that the Lions want a second or third round pick for Williams. Maybe we could trade Ricky Williams for Roy Williams.

A Williams for a Williams? Also our 1st round pick should only be spent on Chad Johnson or some one of equal importance.

Ricky for Roy straight up? WOULD NEVER EVER EVER happen... Although... Millen is a jack ***. If they really want only a second or third for Williams, I would jump all over that

I haven't watched the Lions much so I have no idea what kind of a player Roy Williams is. Does he have good hands? Is he a gamebreaking type guy?

Ocho added another "situation" to the already long list of reasons why we will not trade for him. So forget that one. Cincy wouldn't have enough to satisfy us anyway.

I posted this in another Ocho thread.

Back to the Draft Value Chart for reference:

The Bengals were reported to be looking for a 3rd for Ocho, our 3rd rounder carries a value of 265 points. That's it, that's all we would have to give up to get the PITA WR that everyone here is drooling over. End of story, right?

Nope, there are people here (you included) who want to trade our #1 pick in the 2008 draft which carries a value of 3000 points and is the most coveted spot because you control the 1st round, you can pick whatever player tickles your fancy or you could trade down and stockpile picks. 3000 points, that's alot of value.

The Bengals on the otherhand hold the #9 pick in the upcoming draft. The #9 pick holds a value of 1,350 and the Bengals would need to include more in the way of picks in order to move up and make it worth our while. You suggest they send us Ocho and the #9 for our #1. Okay.....

Miami Dolphins
#1 - 3000 points

Cincy Bengals
#9 - 1,350 points
Ocho - 205 points (assigned the same value as the Bengals 3rd rounder #77)

Some quick math...

+205

hmm......the Bengals seem to be 1,445 points short of meeting the value. Lets add their 2nd rounder to the mix.

Their 2nd rounder #46 holds a value of 440 points. Which would mean they would still be over 1000 points too short for us to receive equal value back in return. Lets add their actual 3rd rounder to the mix........their 3rd rounder (#77) holds a value of 205 points, adding it all up.........and it still leaves them well short of equal value by 800 points. 800 points.....that's 1st round value (20-21 range), lets add their 1st rounder from next years draft (assuming that it falls within that 20-21 range).

Miami Dolphins

Cincy Bengals
#9....1,350
#46.....440
#77.....205
#21.....800
Ocho...205

We have a match!!!

But do you really think that the Bengals are going to trade their first 3 picks in this years draft, their 1st rounder next year (which may be a top 10 pick) and their best WR......all for the chance to move up to the #1 spot to pick 1 player in this years draft? A draft where there is no consensus #1 player? A draft that is pretty deep at key positions and would help them rebuild their team? Are you serious?

The Cowboys rumor is silly, but it makes way more sense than this one. The Boys are a playoff team, they would be trading 3 first round picks (assuming that they trade Barber and package those picks to us) to move up to #1 so Jerry Jones can select his RB of the future. I think the whole idea of the Boys trading Barber is insane to begin with, but to do it for McFadden and then on top of that send 2 first rounders.......is insanity on their part. I believe this to be a rumor only, nothing to it. But there is a slight chance that Jerry Jones is a total nutcase and is ready to make a big splash (in his mind) because the Boys have a new stadium opening soon.

What's the motivation for the Bengals to give up so much? Because you want Ocho? Or do we give the Bengals a pass and let them steal the #1 away from us for far less than what the pick is actually worth?

When you can reportedly get a player for a 3rd round pick, why offer them MUCH MUCH more than that? Does that make sense?

The Bengals have no intention of trading him, they would take a pretty big cap hit if they did, and they wouldn't trade away the necessary pieces in order for us to get fair trade value. It ain't happening. ;)

I haven't watched the Lions much so I have no idea what kind of a player Roy Williams is. Does he have good hands? Is he a gamebreaking type guy?

Yes, and yes.. he tore us up for about in 2006 with 6 for 130 or something.

I like that idea, in a "Sammie Smith for Bobby Humphrey" kind of way. At least we save our picks before taking a chance on someone else's disappointment.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I heard during an interview that they are planning on keeping Bryant Johnson. However if not, I do think he would be a very good pickup.

Nope, Shaun Rodgers probaly will be let go of anyway, Roy Williams what ha he done to warrant a first round pick? Replace Williams with Calvin Johnson.

You mean outside of being a 1,300+ yard WR in '06?

He seems to miss a couple games each year, as he averages 13.75 games a year. So injuries are a bit of a concern, but his production is not a concern.

Going by his career numbers (including his rookie season), his seasonal average numbers look like this: 1,063 yards, 71 receptions and 8 touchdowns.

He won't turn 27 until Dec., a 2nd round pick is a bargain for this guy.

No chance in hell. The Lions have had numerous #1 picks and botched just about every one of them. besides, there are no receivers to pick up with the number 1 pick this year. :lol:

Seriously though, Millen and company probably would not be interested in another number 1 pick because of all the scrutiny in the past years of bad drafting/

They will most definitely be going with a WR. I would bet on Early Doucet. The Lions seem to want to stay as bottom feeders as they year after year have bad drafts, they probably dont even have any of the players that they draftd from 2000-04 on their roster. I mean come on how can you be that bad at drafting every year. I can only think of one other team that has consistently failed as miserably as them at drafting over the past decade. That team would be.......Dammit. It's us.
seriousily they will draft Mcfadden..Jones is injury prone and without a run game they dont win...but i dont kno why they would want to seperate the Wide Recieving duel and go after a good free agent Running Back..Tuner or Warrick Dunn..rumor have it he will be a free agent as well..

First Chad Johnson and now Roy Williams. For a team that needs a lot of impact players they are pretty tempting to go after. But I think Bill will play this one pretty cool. I don't see him going out of his way to go after anyone, but rather wait and see what interested is generated in these players and then if we can get them at a pretty cheap price, make a late deal. But I wouldn't count on it. It would have to be a mid-round pick or more likely, some players that he doesn't see fitting into his scheme. That's the good thing about a potential "fire sale" with our roster. No sacred cows and almost anyone could be potential trade bait for someone he really would like to get. I still don't see much happening in the f/a market for us, but you never know.

Agreed...but when he is on the field he makes plays and calls for an instint double team..soo does taylor..wicked combo there..which one do u double..i would do this in a heart beat..

Back
Top Bottom