The Offical OSU thread. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Offical OSU thread.

Well he fits well in the west coast system thats about it. Remember you dont have to be great to run the west coast offense.

Majpain said:
Well he fits well in the west coast system thats about it. Remember you dont have to be great to run the west coast offense.

this is perhaps the stupidest question i have asked.... what is the west coast offense down to the basics? it seems every analyst says that someones offense is a form of the West Coast offense

Is it quick 3 step drops for about 5-10 yard gains...then the occasional long bomb...that seems to be what Nebraska is doin in Lincoln

Yes it is. Thats why Brady is so good. Well alot of teams use it now. Thats why I say you dont need a star WR to run it.

I dont understand how the west coast offense can be successful when you say you dont need a great qb or wr to use it. Seems like a perfect scheme, average players but you can get great results. ND takes plenty of chances deep, especially last year. We run plenty of screens also, but nothing wrong with that.

NDs offense seems to be doing pretty well despite not having a star WR, according to you, and an overrated QB.

DonShula84 said:
I dont understand how the west coast offense can be successful when you say you dont need a great qb or wr to use it. Seems like a perfect scheme, average players but you can get great results. ND takes plenty of chances deep, especially last year. We run plenty of screens also, but nothing wrong with that.

NDs offense seems to be doing pretty well despite not having a star WR, according to you, and an overrated QB.

Okay now your just taking words out of context. I'm talking about west coast in general. Again look at Minnesota, BJ is a decent qb not really accurate throwing the long bomb (Though he made a perfect pass to Troy Williamson but of course he drops it). Brad dones't have the arm strength to do what C-Pep does. Thats why he is the perfect west coast qb, doesn't make mistakes finds the open reciever, ect. Another great example is Tom Brady. Now I was talking about the West coast offense in general not ND.

what the hell? notre dame isn't even running a true west coast offense at all. you just don't like quinn for some reason majpain, and you're making up things to justify your hate. whatever. just say you don't like him. worked for alex w/leinart. ;)

UF Fin Kat said:
what the hell? notre dame isn't even running a true west coast offense at all. you just don't like quinn for some reason majpain, and you're making up things to justify your hate. whatever. just say you don't like him. worked for alex w/leinart. ;)

I would never call Leinart a west coast QB, then I would be forced to assume he could succeed in a west coast offense in the NFL :tongue:

If it makes anyone feel better Im less sold on Quinn that I was/am on Leinart and thats pretty bad :lol:

UF Fin Kat said:
yes yes, and he has no arm strength. :chuckle:

That is a fact! I tell you because you have been blinded by hype! He was nothing but average the first 2 years.

carson palmer was average the first 3 years of his college career. try again.

and...what does that have to do with arm strength?

and quinn set all sorts of freshman and sophomore records at notre dame. he was more than average. and....QB's are supposed to show marked improvement as they progress through college. they're still learning. and they don't stop learning in when they get to the NFL. and this isn't some dumbed-down option offense like vince young ran at texas la st year.

Majpain said:
That is a fact! I tell you because you have been blinded by hype! He was nothing but average the first 2 years.

So now its not possible to improve arm strength? Interesting, I'm learning alot about football in this thread.

Majpain said:

nothing but average? did you see that team around him? thats like saying Jay Cutler sucked

Nappy Roots said:
nothing but average? did you see that team around him? thats like saying Jay Cutler sucked

Well, alot of people here did say that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom