The Offical OSU thread. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Offical OSU thread.

We dont need to comment on the defense. The defense speaks for itself on the field.

OSU has always had a great defense. I just assumed they would be great this year and they havent proven me wrong yet.

Before the Texas game everyone doubted our D. 9 new starters, no Hawk and Carpenter, etc. Being from the Youngstown area I've watched Tressel run his teams since I was old enough to know what football was. I kept saying that he would plug people in and the D would be fine. I also said to watch out for James Lauranitis because he did playing time last year and is very talented (Mich,ND games). His dad was a wrestler for pete's sake. But no one would listen to me. Now look at eveyone talking.

BTW, Ross Homan is a very talented freshman LB (#51 I believe) he is getting acquainted with this D and should be a huge playmaker very soon.

I might be a lil worried about our QB situation for next season.

Majpain said:
I might be a lil worried about our QB situation for next season.

Success breeds more success in the NCAA. the Buckeyes shouldnt have any problem recruiting a QB to replace Smith after showing the success they got from him.

-----------------------------------------------
The Ohio State Buckeyes:
2002, 2003, 2005, and soon 2006 Fiesta Bowl Champs.

phins4gish said:
Success breeds more success in the NCAA. the Buckeyes shouldnt have any problem recruiting a QB to replace Smith after showing the success they got from him.

-----------------------------------------------
The Ohio State Buckeyes:
2002, 2003, 2005, and soon 2006 Fiesta Bowl Champs.

If you're replacement isnt already on the roster I'd be a little worried. Not many freshman come in start playing very well at qb

DonShula84 said:
If you're replacement isnt already on the roster I'd be a little worried. Not many freshman come in start playing very well at qb

Yup. Next year might be a lil shaky for the Bucks.

Majpain said:
Yup. Next year might be a lil shaky for the Bucks.

You know you'll have a good defense and talent on offense, that will keep you in games and get you to a bowl at the least.

Yea, i am worried about our QB sitution next year also. But our defense will have almost everyone returnin, so we will rely on defense heavily to keep the games close while the offense does enough to win the games in the end. Just like when Krenzel was QB. We had so many close games, i couldnt take it anymore towards the end of the season.

Just out of curosity, i check the OSU roster and found out that we have 4 people listed at QB besides Smith and Zwick.

#7 Antonio Henton 6'2" 210 Freshman
#13 Ben Kacsandi 6'1" 210 Sophmore
#16 Rob Schoenhoft 6'5" 240 Freshman
#17 Todd Boechman 6'5" 235 Sophmore

Never heard of any of them or never seen them play!

Troy Smith is amazing. 17-20 and 3 td's! I don't care if it was BG, still impressive.

I think OSU will run the table...nobody is gonna beat them.

cheyannefan said:
BTW, Ross Homan is a very talented freshman LB (#51 I believe) he is getting acquainted with this D and should be a huge playmaker very soon.

I agree. I've been keeping an eye on Homan too. Read a lot of good about him. It seems he is getting more & more playing time. Yes he is #51

Majpain said:
Troy Smith is amazing. 17-20 and 3 td's! I don't care if it was BG, still impressive.

Yea, he was locked on to the recievers. The TD pass to Ginn was sweet. Also, the long run he had on 3 and 25 after the center gave him a low snap. He had a great game.

Blade said:
Just out of curosity, i check the OSU roster and found out that we have 4 people listed at QB besides Smith and Zwick.

#7 Antonio Henton 6'2" 210 Freshman
#13 Ben Kacsandi 6'1" 210 Sophmore
#16 Rob Schoenhoft 6'5" 240 Freshman
#17 Todd Boechman 6'5" 235 Sophmore

Never heard of any of them or never seen them play!

Henton is another athletic guy like Troy Smith. Not quite as fast though. I have nothing on Kacsandi, but Schoenhoft and Boechman are two very talented guys. That's where the battle will be next year. Both are pocket passers and have nice size. I think Boechman will most likely win the job and he should direct the offense much like Krenzel did.

Back
Top Bottom