The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 217 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

Crittenton makes far more sense for the Hawks. They aren't winning anything anytime soon so you might as well go for the local kid with the potential. Keep drafting athletes and eventually you'll find a baskball player.

Stuckey has been reported saying that Detroit offered him a guarantee at 15. A team like Detroit or Miami won't draft Crittenton...their GMs have enough sense. If you think the Wright saga has been a disaster you don't want to know what would happen if Riley got a hold of Crittenton. He doesn't play defense, can't handle it when quicker guards pressure him, and turned it over 5+ times a game in ACC play. Not to mention the fact that he can't shoot. Mabey he'll be a big time PG in a few years, but hes not starting on a real NBA team anytime soon.

Crittenton makes far more sense for the Hawks. They aren't winning anything anytime soon so you might as well go for the local kid with the potential. Keep drafting athletes and eventually you'll find a baskball player.

Stuckey has been reported saying that Detroit offered him a guarantee at 15. A team like Detroit or Miami won't draft Crittenton...their GMs have enough sense. If you think the Wright saga has been a disaster you don't want to know what would happen if Riley got a hold of Crittenton. He doesn't play defense, can't handle it when quicker guards pressure him, and turned it over 5+ times a game in ACC play. Not to mention the fact that he can't shoot. Mabey he'll be a big time PG in a few years, but hes not starting on a real NBA team anytime soon.

Good post.

I am hardly a college basketball expert as I don't watch much of it....but I do watch the major conferences...and all the tournaments...and I cannot get into crittenton....

The thought of the Heat drafting him...bothers me.

Like I said....the last time I was excited about a draft...I was on the Jameer Nelson watch...I was convinced that he would drop to Miami...and was a cinch pick....didn;t work out.

This time around..I will have my voodoo dolls and holly water out praying for Acie law to drop...He is the second coming of Sam Casell.

I heard Ron Artest want to play in Miami and Dwade. That a good upgrade for your team.

Good post.

I am hardly a college basketball expert as I don't watch much of it....but I do watch the major conferences...and all the tournaments...and I cannot get into crittenton....

The thought of the Heat drafting him...bothers me.

Like I said....the last time I was excited about a draft...I was on the Jameer Nelson watch...I was convinced that he would drop to Miami...and was a cinch pick....didn;t work out.

This time around..I will have my voodoo dolls and holly water out praying for Acie law to drop...He is the second coming of Sam Casell.

I am praying! He is the player I want most in this draft!

I already know the poster I'm gunna make for games...

"Laying the Law... in Wade County"

Law certainly isn't as celebrated as Nelson was but there is a lot of commonality between the two. And I think he could very be the third or fourth PG taken. All too often teams fall for the athletism, and Crittenton certainly possesses that. Pruitt is another athletic wonder who could get drafted earlier than expected if he blows someone away in workouts.

The problem is that there are only three PGs that should draw interest in the first round, so even if Law is the third taken, he should go well ahead of the 20th pick. Of course if he gets past the Hawks and Clippers, then you can hope.

I honestly am not really high on any one person that the HEAT may draft. I am just hoping for best player available and that he can come in and help the team right away not three years from now

You've heard the rumors. Are the Rockets interested in Ron Artest? They're looking at him. So are a bunch of other teams, including Miami. He'd work out best with a team that has a strong veteran core that can keep him under control -- like Miami with Shaq and Dwyane Wade.

Houston Chronicle

You've heard the rumors. Are the Rockets interested in Ron Artest? They're looking at him. So are a bunch of other teams, including Miami. He'd work out best with a team that has a strong veteran core that can keep him under control -- like Miami with Shaq and Dwyane Wade.

Houston Chronicle

He would be great for MIA and Riley would control him period

I honestly am not really high on any one person that the HEAT may draft. I am just hoping for best player available and that he can come in and help the team right away not three years from now
we have two many of thoes players we need a young player that can come of the bench during the season a provide a spark of the becnh some like gibson for caves

I actually agree about Javaris Crittenton. I love the guy's potential, and I think he'll be a player in this league. Certainly not as raw as Dorell Wright was in 2004, IMO. I think he's got a bit more polish and can be a rotation player with a bit of work. Starting PG? No, I don't think any of those PG's outside of Acie Law can start for a contender right away. Even Mike Conley is a bit of a project, and I've never been convinced with that kid although I think he'll be a T.J. Ford type with a bit more scoring ability.

As for Detroit's guarantee to Stuckey, it's a bit less than that. They have not made a formal guarantee to Stuckey at all; just a matter of interest. In fact, from everything I've read, they'd got more interest in Acie Law.

But I do agree with the notion that Law may be a victim of the unpolished, undeveloped talents that have "huge" potential, and some team is going to make a mistake. Honestly speaking, Law is my top rated PG in this entire draft. However, Conley and Crittenton are the "potential" guys and there's a chance Law may slip because of it. Conley will certainly go first, but who knows with Crittenton and Stuckey. One NBA scout went as far as to comparing Stuckey to Wade and Crittenton to Jamal Crawford. Me? I'll take solid from day one, which is going to be Acie Law. I'd give up Dorell Wright for Acie Law.

Remember how much I kept saying that Riley wanted no part of Jameer Nelson? It was true. There was a report that I saw on RealGM yesterday that Pat Riley's guy all along was Sebastian Telfair. He even called Telfair's agent on draft night and said, "thanks for ruining my summer" - talk about what would have been an absolute disaster.

However, if Acie Law falls and we pass on him, I am going to be beyond pissed. I actually think I'm gonna be upset when he gets picked ahead of #20, which I do expect to happen.

Btw, if Law is gone by #20, don't be surprised if you see something from left field.

Riles has a man love for Zabian Dowdell. All the scouts know it.

we have two many of thoes players we need a young player that can come of the bench during the season a provide a spark of the becnh some like gibson for caves

Yes I know that is why I stated we need someone who can come in and play now

From everything I've read, many scouts are comparing Zabian Dowdell to Daniel Gibson. There's a good chance he's sitting there at #39. Even if we're blessed with Law or another top PG at #20, I'd take Dowdell if he's sitting there at #39 and no one else is. Eventually, we're going to need two PG's.

Former Heat coach Stan Van Gundy said Wednesday he has been rebuffed in his bid to add members of the Heat coaching staff to his new staff in Orlando. Van Gundy said Heat coach Pat Riley has decided to hold his staff to their contracts.

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Back
Top Bottom