The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 219 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

Zo is playing this year....and trading ZO for Duhon would be the dumbest thing ever done in Heat history.

Your suggestion must have been done as a joke.

And Westy...did you actually suggest SHAQ for Duhon? :lol:

and good job of digging up that quote by me phinphan....

I am never on the "game is fixed" bandwagon....but I have said straight out that two games were fixed FOR SURE. That Knick game this year...and game 4 vs. the Bulls in 06'.

I can dream cant I. Will it ever happen no. But like I said if Riley goes crazy and becomes Isiah Thomas shaq for du could be a possibility. Sadly, there are 3 guys on the heat that will never get traded, Wade, Shaq and Zo. Sadly after that no one is really an asset to be traded yet(Either too old or too young). Maybe williams but not for the bulls. Also posey just so we can suspend him for a year. I would love that. :thumbup:

And I remember from game 4 of 06, that the only difference was Gordon was getting the calls Dwayne Wade usually gets. It wasn't fixed but Chi was getting rewarded for driving and the heat were jump shooting. Despite contrary belief we are not a jump shooting team we are a drive and kick(if no open lane then kick). But that game we did a lot of driving cause there was an open lane and shaq was getting called for bowling people over that game. Thats why in game 5 he went to "finese" and Chicago was helpless against him he wasn't pushing his fat self all over the place hoping to get calls. Its why we got Wallace, just to get by Shaq's game. Were there a few questionable calls, sure. But so were a few of those calls in game 5 of 06 in heats favor. As bad as you saw game 4 we saw just as bad in the other games. Seemed the heat didn't complain when they had the FT discrepancy in their favor.

Of course not.

You expect a FT advantage when you are the #1 Points in the paint team in the NBA...

yet...they ranked in the middle of the pack in FTA.

What most of you don't understand is that Wade is the only guy on the team that gets any calls.

SHAQ gets screwed every game...and everybody else piles up fouls.

Point guard Mo Williams said he considered his free-agent trip to Miami a "mini-vacation" and that he always was fairly certain he would return to the Milwaukee Bucks. Although Miami president and coach Pat Riley made his best recruiting pitch to Williams, the 6-foot-1 guard said he had to be pushed to even make the visit to South Beach. "The funny thing about it, I didn't want to go in the first place," Williams said. "I was saying, 'Let's get it done with Milwaukee.'"
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

The Heat is focusing on trades to find a point guard, and talks continue with Houston regarding Rafer Alston. Though Miami would move Michael Doleac, the Rockets are exploring what other teams would offer. Talks with Sacramento about Mike Bibby have not materialized -- the Kings aren't eager to take back ex-King Jason Williams. Meanwhile, Washington has shown little interest in accepting a Heat draft pick for FC Barcelona combo guard Juan Carlos Navarro.
Miami Herald

Miami is pretty screwed right now. We're looking like a division winning, 4th seed who doesn't make it past the second round. Seriously. That is how things are shaping up, and it's because of dumb moves ala giving Antoine Walker all of that cash. Did it lead to a championship? Sure. But now we have to suffer for another 2-3 years until all of those unworthy players are no longer on the books. Forget about Mike Bibby. IMO, he's not even an option unless there's a three way trade.

Now, it looks like Riley refused to offer Pietrus the mid-level. In that case, Pietrus looks like he's going to take the qualifying 1-year offer from Golden State, try and have a better year, and hit the market again next summer -- this time, unrestricted. It's also looking like Juan Carlos Navarro also has no chance of landing here. He wants to be here, but Washington isn't accepting draft picks. They want us to take up a terrible contract in return. There are now 8 teams interested in Navarro, not just Miami and Memphis. There's no way Washington doesn't get better offers, as FC Barcelona has given a deadline of August 3rd -- either Navarro is signed somewhere, or forget about the NBA.

So what's left for the 4th-seed, early playoff exit bound Miami Heat?

Jannero Pargo? Brevin Knight? Earl Watson? Please. Pathetic 100% of the way.

Jason Williams feels like he's in the best shape in years? That's funny as hell, actually.. beyond laughable. Facts are facts, and he's going to miss a ton of action this year once again. Shaq has four championships now, and he's more interested in what color suit he's going to where sitting on the bench that actually helping his team win in the regular season. Dorell Wright looks to improve and I think he can be a difference maker, but who is going to bank on Riley actually giving the kid a shot at 25-35 minutes per? Not me. Antoine Walker sucks. We don't have a SF to team up with Dorell. We don't have a backup PG capable of starting once J-Will goes down. Oh, and that's not all -- Dwyane Wade may not be back until December now.

This is sad. We're probably going to end up with Rafer Alston (who I actually want), a re-signed James Posey or Matt Barnes, and Eddie Jones. If we lose out on Alston and wind up with a guy like Pargo, I would probably change the channel every time he checks in. While I have knocked Pietrus, it'll be disappointed to see him playing elsewhere. I believe that Dorell Wright has similar ability, maybe more. However, if Riles has to put money into Pietrus, then he'd play him. I want to see what that athletic ability and crazy potential can do when teamed up next to Shaq & Wade. Oops -- Wade for about maybe 70 games, and Shaq for about 40-50.

Now, it looks like Riley refused to offer Pietrus the mid-level. In that case, Pietrus looks like he's going to take the qualifying 1-year offer from Golden State, try and have a better year, and hit the market again next summer -- this time, unrestricted.

There is no point for anyone to offer Pietrus the MLE. All that does is allow Golden State to sign him for a bargain while not touching any of their cap exceptions. The only way there was to get him was via sign and trade, and with the Heat that means Posey. If Posey is going to agree to a sign and trade it means signing him to a deal exceeding the MLE by a decent amount....say ~7 mil a year. If you're Golden State do you want Posey for 35 mil when you can have Pietrus for a tenth of that?

There is no point for anyone to offer Pietrus the MLE. All that does is allow Golden State to sign him for a bargain while not touching any of their cap exceptions. The only way there was to get him was via sign and trade, and with the Heat that means Posey. If Posey is going to agree to a sign and trade it means signing him to a deal exceeding the MLE by a decent amount....say ~7 mil a year. If you're Golden State do you want Posey for 35 mil when you can have Pietrus for a tenth of that?
I wouldn't. King is right, we have dug ourselves in a hole big time.

jeez....

like I said...check the dates on all our major moves in the past.

The roster is still good enough to win the east.

The simple fact is that if SHAQ and Wade are healthy come playoff time...we win the EC. Simple as that. It has been that way for the last 3 seasons.

I am off to the Keys for 4 days of fishing, booze and fun. Later....

jeez....

like I said...check the dates on all our major moves in the past.

The roster is still good enough to win the east.

The simple fact is that if SHAQ and Wade are healthy come playoff time...we win the EC. Simple as that. It has been that way for the last 3 seasons.

I am off to the Keys for 4 days of fishing, booze and fun. Later....

The simple fact is that relying on those two being healthy + Jason Williams is like relying on President Bush to make proper decisions to help the people -- it's just not happening. This team needs a third option, badly. I do believe Dorell Wright can be that, but who says he's going to get the opportunity? Even if he does play, it means nothing. I remember last year when people asked why Dorell didn't do much offensively. Well, Riley didn't call a SINGLE PLAY for him since Wade was out there most of the time. He told Dorell to go out there and play defense/rebound the basketball. He's probably going to do the same thing this year. We're doomed as of right now. Mickael Pietrus could change that, IMO. But surely, a Jannero Pargo signing would be suicidal.

Latest blurb? Someone with inside info on the Lakers (reliable source, has been right in everything he's said) claims that Smush Parker is close to signing a 2-year deal with Miami. Smush Parker? Smush ****ing Parker? If he plays 30 minutes per on this basketball team (when J-Will gets hurt, as he WILL), I guess I'll only be watching 18 minutes of Heat basketball per night. What a disaster that would be. Not worse than Jannero Pargo, but still, bad. I actually feel bad saying that, as he's an average player who simply cannot grasp the triangle offense. However, in terms of where we stand as a basketball team right now.. bad. No one wants our garbage. Memphis just BADLY wanted to get rid of J-Will/Posey a few summers ago. Those two were regarded in the same breath as Ricky Williams in terms of "cancers"

I agree. But from everything I've heard, in a sign-and-trade Riley is pretty reluctant to give Pietrus the kind of money he offered for Mo Williams and Gerald Wallace. Me, personally? In a league where Luke Walton gets about $31 million, I'd have no problem handing that to Pietrus. At the very least, he'll score 11-15 points per game for you, play solid defense, and hit that corner triple with the best of 'em. He'll also give you an athletic body to go along with Wade and hopefully Dorell. I was kind of iffy about Pietrus at first, but then I thought of the matchup fits Miami can give teams when flooring Wade-Pietrus-Wright. Golden State hasn't shown Pietrus any love at all, though. They haven't even extended an offer beyond the QO. They're looking for a Posey type.

I'd be upset if Pietrus re-signs with GS for the qualifying offer.

I guess I wouldn't be upset with Matt Barnes, but he's all that would be left.

Smush + Barnes for the mid-level split? That isn't an improvement at all.

The best thing that can happen to this team is getting that Posey/Pietrus deal done, then standing firm on the Doleac/pick for Rafer Alston deal. If not, then it's not like Anthony Johnson is a terrible PG or anything like that, and Ridnour/Watson are still on the trade block. We can probably get Johnson for Doleac straight up, so he's a decent LAST option at the point.

I fail to see how this team is "doomed." Or for that matter how Pietrus would be the savior if indeed they were doomed.

The Heat do need their players to be healthy if they are going to win anything, just like every other contender out there. Shaq and Wade shouldn't worry you.....Shaq always makes sure hes ready for the postseason. JWill's knees should be a concern for any Heat fan....hence this desperate search for a starting calibre PG.

Are my sources ever incorrect? I think I'm 500/500 now.

Heat just signed Smush Parker to a 2-year deal. Check the Herald.

OUCH!

I fail to see how this team is "doomed." Or for that matter how Pietrus would be the savior if indeed they were doomed.

The Heat do need their players to be healthy if they are going to win anything, just like every other contender out there. Shaq and Wade shouldn't worry you.....Shaq always makes sure hes ready for the postseason. JWill's knees should be a concern for any Heat fan....hence this desperate search for a starting calibre PG.

I think "doomed" was a stretch of frustration on my part, and I take credit for exaggerating. But seriously, this has been a disturbing offseason that originally promised us change -- that's all.

The change? We're replacing Gary Payton with Smush Parker! :boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom