The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

I thought Chacon was average but he did work out of trouble and get some clutch K's which was good. I think he'll be very solid for this staff this year. The thing that concerns me the most is that through 4 games this year the Yankees are playing like they did last year in terms of always waiting for the big homerun instead of manufacturing runs. This team cannot afford another start like last seasons because if they start that this this year their destined for a wildcard at best and that just isn;t good enough IMO. Anyways Randy is back on the mound tonight. Hopefully he pitches like he did in Oakland cause the Yankees need this one. They lose the next two and I figure the Boss's first statement to the press will be out shortly after!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
They lose the next two and I figure the Boss's first statement to the press will be out shortly after!

If the Yankees lose the next 2 the Lou Pinella watch will start up very very quickly.

Ray Finkle said:
If the Yankees lose the next 2 the Lou Pinella watch will start up very very quickly.

no it won't! :shakeno:

The Yanks were in last place most of April and May last year and STILL won the division, one bad west coast trip won't start anything

MikeO said:

The Yanks were in last place most of April and May last year and STILL won the division, one bad west coast trip won't start anything

Yeah it definitely won't but with that in mind, the Yankees cannot afford to start anywhere near where they did last year. That's one of the things that hurt the Yankees big time. They were playing playoff baseball in August last year and it wore on the players. This year they can't win 10 in a row and lose 6 like last year. This year they have to be more consistant. Another thing they need to do this year that they failed to do last year is add on. They go out, score 4 runs against the A's in one inning and don't score again the rest of the game (when one run would have won it for them). Still to much time left to talk about Torre's job status but still, this team has to avoid a start like last year no matter what!

MikeO said:

I'm definitely no Yankee fan,but no way NY starts out as bad as last year you guys have way too much talent for that to happen twice in a row.

Lookin' forward to seeing my Halos face Johnson tonight.......still gets me pi**ed just thinking of that one game(for the playoffs) loss against Randy when he was at Seattle.

Came across this in the newspaper this morning. I find it odd.........

NESN, the Red Sox cable network, now has a postgame show, "State of the Empire Report," which tracks how the Yanks are doing.

State of the Empire

Here ya go.. Spotty hitting and subpar pitching pace the Yanks to a 2-4 opening week.. Shawn Chacon looks to regain his 5.00 era form that he lost last year when he joined the team.. Moose and Johnson look strong, and hopefully one of the other starters make it out of the 5th this week..

MikeO said:
Came across this in the newspaper this morning. I find it odd.........

NESN, the Red Sox cable network, now has a postgame show, "State of the Empire Report," which tracks how the Yanks are doing.

You would find it odd.. Who cares?

GreenMonster said:
State of the Empire

Here ya go.. Spotty hitting and subpar pitching pace the Yanks to a 2-4 opening week.. Shawn Chacon looks to regain his 5.00 era form that he lost last year when he joined the team.. Moose and Johnson look strong, and hopefully one of the other starters make it out of the 5th this week..

Mussina looked strong? Biggest oxymoron since jumbo shrimp/

FiN.in.RI said:
You would find it odd.. Who cares?

It is a message board where we give opinions! :shakeno:

If you don't like what I type, put me on ignore! No need to respond!

FiN.in.RI said:
Mussina looked strong? Biggest oxymoron since jumbo shrimp/

Mussina has 2 starts with 13 innings and only 2.77 era with 4 BB and 11 K's.. I would take that, and I am sure Yankees fans think he has been pretty good so far this year..

MikeO said:
It is a message board where we give opinions! :shakeno:

If you don't like what I type, put me on ignore! No need to respond!

What exactly was my response? An opinion? :yes::yes::yes:

Oh, and, I will respond.. Get used to it!!!

GreenMonster said:
Mussina has 2 starts with 13 innings and only 2.77 era with 4 BB and 11 K's.. I would take that, and I am sure Yankees fans think he has been pretty good so far this year..

Wow that is pretty shocking.. Good for him and them!

GreenMonster said:

He is pitching in the low 90's too which is great and which is the true indicator of how his arm is doing. So far so good.

Back
Top Bottom