The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Yankees Thread!

*Cough* HOMER *Cough* :wink:

The question is will you still be smiling in September and October when Damon is batting .100 with no extra base hits and runners on 1st base are scoring on balls hit right up the middle to him and runners are tagging up and scoring from 2nd base on routine fly balls to him in the OF?

sweet

first time since 93 the yankees have sole possesion of last place after aprill 15 lol still like that means anything

I guess my thread died..:(.........yankees are looking good so far, good luck with the thread.

I was away for most of the young season so far and only saw a couple of games but now that i'm back i saw the good and the bad from sun to last night. Last night just looked like a replay of a year ago and if Bos's pitching holds up the way it has looked we could be digging ourselves a much deeper hole than last year.

nyjunc said:
I was away for most of the young season so far and only saw a couple of games but now that i'm back i saw the good and the bad from sun to last night. Last night just looked like a replay of a year ago and if Bos's pitching holds up the way it has looked we could be digging ourselves a much deeper hole than last year.

junc, having watched a majority of the Yankee games this year I think anyone would agree with me that this is the same Yankee team as last year. They either win a game 9 to 5 or lose it 2 to 0. Their pitching has been very shakey especially with Chacin which I'm surprised at. This team is going to drive Yankee fans crazy because they'll lose 5 in a row and come back and win the next 15 in a row and then lose 8 in a row.

Either way they'll still make the playoffs because they have too much talent not to, however they might be in big trouble if this is the sequel to the 2005 Yankees.

Rumor has it the Yanks will pay Clemens what he wants to return.

A rumor (RUMOR) is Cano/Hughes for D-Willis later this year. Not sure if the Yanks would give those guys up, but that would be the asking price for Willis if the Yanks are interested.

MikeO said:
Rumor has it the Yanks will pay Clemens what he wants to return.

A rumor (RUMOR) is Cano/Hughes for D-Willis later this year. Not sure if the Yanks would give those guys up, but that would be the asking price for Willis if the Yanks are interested.

If that's on the table (and who knows; it's hard to have a day go by without a Yankees rumor), the Yanks should snap that up. Cano's a good player, and well above average for a 2B, but his track record doesn't exactly have "superstar" written all over it. Hughes is a prospect, and an excellent one, but pitching prospects are so erratic, while Willis could be an ace for a decade.

phunwin said:
If that's on the table (and who knows; it's hard to have a day go by without a Yankees rumor), the Yanks should snap that up. Cano's a good player, and well above average for a 2B, but his track record doesn't exactly have "superstar" written all over it. Hughes is a prospect, and an excellent one, but pitching prospects are so erratic, while Willis could be an ace for a decade.

Im not a big Willis guy as we all know, but that is a trade I would make. Because Willis could be a very very good lefty pitcher for years to come. Cano plays 2B and you can replace him without too much difficulty. And Hughes.......I never get caught up in the whole "prospect" thing. I think its way overrated. Most of the time the "can't miss guys" .......end up missing or never living up. And the guys you didn't expect anything from (Wang and Cano as example) turn into the everyday MLB players with long careers!

I would think the price tag for Willis (especially dealing with the Yankees, because every team seems to want the world from them) would be much higher. I'm sure Florida would ask for Eric Duncan (especially if they can't sign Miggy long term) and possibly Wang in the deal as well. I'm not sure Cano and Hughes alone can get the job done (not a knock on either of those guys because I don't think any 2 players alone can land Willis). Should be interesting to see what happens with Willis and Cabrera this year, however I think that if they're traded at all it won't be until 2007.

Ray Finkle said:
I would think the price tag for Willis (especially dealing with the Yankees, because every team seems to want the world from them) would be much higher. I'm sure Florida would ask for Eric Duncan (especially if they can't sign Miggy long term) and possibly Wang in the deal as well. I'm not sure Cano and Hughes alone can get the job done (not a knock on either of those guys because I don't think any 2 players alone can land Willis). Should be interesting to see what happens with Willis and Cabrera this year, however I think that if they're traded at all it won't be until 2007.

If they want Duncan they can take him. He's hitting .241 and trying to learn a new position cause he can't play third base in NY because of A-Rod! Want him, take him!

MikeO said:
If they want Duncan they can take him. He's hitting .241 and trying to learn a new position cause he can't play third base in NY because of A-Rod! Want him, take him!

I'm sure the Marlins will ask for him in the deal because he is the Yankees best position prospect in the minor leagues, plus like I said he could be the Marlins 3rd baseman if/when they move Miggy Cabrera. Eric Duncan shouldn't and won't be the deal breaker if this rumor has any legs to it.

Clemens is worth a shot if it's just money but he hasn't exactly been a big postseason pitcher and he is a year older.

nyjunc said:
Clemens is worth a shot if it's just money but he hasn't exactly been a big postseason pitcher and he is a year older.

I agree with you, any team with money to spend (Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Astros, etc) should be looking at Clemens. He'd be the biggest move made without having to give up anyone. Clemens isn't a great post season pitcher however he's got a better shot at winning then most if not all of the Yankees and even the Red Sox rotation. You have to jump on him and at least try to give him because he could even be the difference marker in even making the playoffs or the division.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree with you, any team with money to spend (Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Astros, etc) should be looking at Clemens. He'd be the biggest move made without having to give up anyone. Clemens isn't a great post season pitcher however he's got a better shot at winning then most if not all of the Yankees and even the Red Sox rotation. You have to jump on him and at least try to give him because he could even be the difference marker in even making the playoffs or the division.

hopefully if we get him the extra time off will help him stay strong come October and hopefully if he signs w/ you he's just old and washed up:D

nyjunc said:
hopefully if we get him the extra time off will help him stay strong come October and hopefully if he signs w/ you he's just old and washed up:D

:lol:

I think Clemens starting to pitch in June (the earilest) will only make him better in October.

You have to admit a rotation of Schilling, Clemens, Beckett, Wakefield and Clement/Papelbon is very scary. Especially in October if they can all stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom