The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread

Schill blogged about his shoulder today.....http://38pitches.com/

Please understand that a lot of what has been reported is not true. When the club feels it’s appropriate to further discuss the details of this issue publicly I will elaborate but I need to make it clear that Dr Morgan did NOT diagnose me with a tear of the rotator cuff at any time during this process, nor did he recommend rotator cuff surgery.

but he DOES recommend shoulder surgery.....

Dr. Craig Morgan, who performed surgery on Schilling's right shoulder twice, in 1995 and a cleanup procedure in 1999, believes that the treatment prescribed by the Sox has no chance of succeeding, that the degeneration in Schilling's biceps tendon is irreversible and requires surgery if Schilling is to have any chance of pitching this season. With surgery to address the disease in Schilling's tendon, Morgan contends, Schilling could be pitching again by the All-Star break.
A prescribed course of rest and rehabilitation, beginning with the cortisone shot, is doomed to fail, Morgan said, and is wasting precious time in which Schilling could be recovering from the surgery Morgan recommends.
"If (the Sox plan) was successful, I think it would be the greatest thing known to man,'' Morgan said in a phone conversation this morning. "But unfortunately that's not the case. That's like wishing for the best-case scenario. Wishing isn't going to make it happen.''
"Within a week or two of the cortisone shot, (if) he's unable to exercise due to pain, then it's over.''

Keith Foulke just signed with the A's. I thought this guys was done even though he is still somewhat young. I will be interested to see how he does considering this guy didn't even pitch last year. Does this mean Beane is about to move Hudson Street?

Keith Foulke just signed with the A's. I thought this guys was done even though he is still somewhat young. I will be interested to see how he does considering this guy didn't even pitch last year. Does this mean Beane is about to move Hudson Street?

Eh, I think if a team calls Beane up and blows him away with an offer for Street he would. I wouldn't nor do I think Beane expects much from Foulke, and even if Street was traded, I think Foulke would have to earn the closer's role, it wouldn't be handed to him as he hasn't really been good since 2004.

Eh, I think if a team calls Beane up and blows him away with an offer for Street he would. I wouldn't nor do I think Beane expects much from Foulke, and even if Street was traded, I think Foulke would have to earn the closer's role, it wouldn't be handed to him as he hasn't really been good since 2004.

i not a fan of street..i think the sox should stay pat..i was reading the ny daliy news the other day and jeter was quoyed saying this is a huge loss for the sox sorta makes us even with them ..what a creep..posada on the other hand said they still have lester and that guy who pitched the no hitter and aother good yours arms...yes thats right u remembber buckholtz...thia guy is why i dont care about schilling pitching til july or august..he is a sure thing...i followeed his entire minor league career and he is a winner i just wish we never traded gabbard last year for gagne oh well....

the new word on the street is that the sox may be intersted in ben sheets..it was reported they had talks with the brewers back in december about him...i have no idea why the think they need to make a trade when u have perfectly good young talent here in both portland and pawtucket

the new word on the street is that the sox may be intersted in ben sheets..it was reported they had talks with the brewers back in december about him...i have no idea why the think they need to make a trade when u have perfectly good young talent here in both portland and pawtucket

I doubt that the Sox are serious or if it's even true. Sheets would cost the Sox a ton in terms of prospects and the guy is never healthy. A guy who I'd roll the dice on if I could get him cheap would be Rich Harden, he's still young (I think he's under 26) and doesn't have a lot of miles on his arm, of course that's because he's always hurt. But if the Sox could get him for let's say Coco Crisp and Michael Bowden, I'd definitely consider it.

Of course Beane is asking for Homer Bailey and Joey Votto for Joe Blanton so he'd probably ask for Ellsbury, Lowrie and Lester from the Sox.

I really think the Sox will stand pat or sign some random innings eater for a year who'd come somewhat cheap (maybe a Jeff Weaver type). Hey there's always Roger Clemens out there too.

I doubt that the Sox are serious or if it's even true. Sheets would cost the Sox a ton in terms of prospects and the guy is never healthy. A guy who I'd roll the dice on if I could get him cheap would be Rich Harden, he's still young (I think he's under 26) and doesn't have a lot of miles on his arm, of course that's because he's always hurt. But if the Sox could get him for let's say Coco Crisp and Michael Bowden, I'd definitely consider it.

Of course Beane is asking for Homer Bailey and Joey Votto for Joe Blanton so he'd probably ask for Ellsbury, Lowrie and Lester from the Sox.

I really think the Sox will stand pat or sign some random innings eater for a year who'd come somewhat cheap (maybe a Jeff Weaver type). Hey there's always Roger Clemens out there too.

I would have to agree with Finkle on the Sheets rumor. First there is no way we are moving any prospects unless we can sign Sheets to a new deal after this year, his contract ends in 08'. He also has a limited trade clause this year and can only be moved to 8 teams, I have no clue what teams it is though. Sheets also gets hurt way to much for me to trade and then sign him to a long deal like he is gonna want at age 29. That being said, I would love to have Sheets on the team.

Beane said he would do Blanton for Bailey and Votto, no wonder he hasn't shot the moon yet and just asked for Jay Bruce.

I too see a Jeff Weaver, Josh Fogg type to come in before we make a trade for another arm.

I would have to agree with Finkle on the Sheets rumor. First there is no way we are moving any prospects unless we can sign Sheets to a new deal after this year, his contract ends in 08'. He also has a limited trade clause this year and can only be moved to 8 teams, I have no clue what teams it is though. Sheets also gets hurt way to much for me to trade and then sign him to a long deal like he is gonna want at age 29. That being said, I would love to have Sheets on the team.

Beane said he would do Blanton for Bailey and Votto, no wonder he hasn't shot the moon yet and just asked for Jay Bruce.

I too see a Jeff Weaver, Josh Fogg type to come in before we make a trade for another arm.

i tell u what i take a flyer on a guy like freddy garcia..he knows how to pitch and win in the al and u know what u dont need him until early may at the best..u really need only 4 startes in april..worst case scenarion dont trade tarvarez i really liked him in the rotation he vs 2-0 vs the yanks did pitch some gems, i rather hang on to him and trade crisp either for 1 more reliable relief pitcher or a backup catcher for the future...

i tell u what i take a flyer on a guy like freddy garcia..he knows how to pitch and win in the al and u know what u dont need him until early may at the best..u really need only 4 startes in april..worst case scenarion dont trade tarvarez i really liked him in the rotation he vs 2-0 vs the yanks did pitch some gems, i rather hang on to him and trade crisp either for 1 more reliable relief pitcher or a backup catcher for the future...

I too would love to take a flyer on Garcia. I am pretty sure we will hold on to Tavarez now also, he doesn't have enough value to move him unless maybe its in a deal with Crisp.

The problem I have with Garcia is: that he won't be back to June (if he can even come back at all this year as I've heard conflicting reports on how bad his shoulder really is) and also we need an innings eater and I'm not sure that's Garcia at this point in his career.

The problem I have with Garcia is: that he won't be back to June (if he can even come back at all this year as I've heard conflicting reports on how bad his shoulder really is) and also we need an innings eater and I'm not sure that's Garcia at this point in his career.

if u want a innings eater then look no further then blanton, he is your typical 4 or 5 man

if u want a innings eater then look no further then blanton, he is your typical 4 or 5 man

Yeah but to get Blanton we'd have to give up some big time prospects. Sorry but I'm not willing to give up Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz, Lowrie, Anderson or Masterson for a 4th starter, which is what Billy Beane is going to ask for. If we could get him for Coco Crisp and Michael Bowden then yes, but I would not include any of those guys I mentioned before.

Yeah but to get Blanton we'd have to give up some big time prospects. Sorry but I'm not willing to give up Ellsbury, Lester, Buchholz, Lowrie, Anderson or Masterson for a 4th starter, which is what Billy Beane is going to ask for. If we could get him for Coco Crisp and Michael Bowden then yes, but I would not include any of those guys I mentioned before.

all i said is that if u want a innings eater get blanton. i wouldnt take him for nothing. im fine with the roster that has been complied..i am totally happy that tavarez is still here let him be the # 5 guy when need be..let buckholtz start the year in triple with masterson...we have enough arms to go around i dont wanna trade any 1 for anybody

Back
Top Bottom