The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread

Actually the majority of Yankee fans I've talked to all think Hank is an idiot and is making the franchise look bad with all of his comments so far. Especially the deadlines he gave both Arod and the Twins etc.

Either way I care less what the guy says, but it shows you how the tables have indeed turned since 2004.

A few rumors:

Cubs, White Sox still interested in Coco
"Keep an eye on Coco Crisp -- the Cubs and White Sox certainly have been watching. Crisp, who lost his starting job in center field last October to promising Jacoby Ellsbury, arrived at the Boston Red Sox' camp and announced he'd rather be traded if that meant finding a starting job elsewhere."
source

Rehabbing Garcia shows up on Red Sox’ radar
"The Red Sox are becoming a destination spot for pitchers with something to prove. A couple of days after they inked Bartolo Colon to a minor-league deal, the Red Sox turned their attention to Freddy Garcia."
source

Actually the majority of Yankee fans I've talked to all think Hank is an idiot and is making the franchise look bad with all of his comments so far. Especially the deadlines he gave both Arod and the Twins etc.

Either way I care less what the guy says, but it shows you how the tables have indeed turned since 2004.

Actually the majority of yankee fans must be bull****ting you, because the majority of yankee fans in general would laugh and disown they majority of yankee fans you talk to.

Actually the majority of yankee fans must be bull****ting you, because the majority of yankee fans in general would laugh and disown they majority of yankee fans you talk to.

Actually (and maybe surprising) the Yankee fans I talk to are pretty realistic about the team and aren't ****y and ready to throw the whole 26 championships in your face all the time.

any 1 notice how great kyle snyder is doing..he could be a candiate for the 5th spot but will most likely be the long man/mop up duty..this guy is a good pitcher and im happy to have him onboard again..i also have read that farrell says colon looks pretty good...im willing to bet clay starts the season in triple a and by may 1st colon is up...u dont really need a 5th starter till may im guessing tavarrez will be the spot starter in april for them..i like him in that spot..he is not that of a starter when need be

Rumor:
The Brewers are upset with Chris Capuano's performance and have notified teams that he is available. According to one AL executive, the Red Sox called the Brewers expressing their interest. It probably won't take much to get him, mostly because he went 5-10 with a 5.10 ERA, but also because he is coming back from injury. The Brewers are very deep in their rotation and could use a minor leaguer or two for Capuano.Although the Red Sox have said they are content with their pitching right now, they have been scouting other pitchers. Pitchers they have reportedly been scouting include Jason Marquis of the Cubs, Ervin Santana of the Angels, and Zach Minor of the Tigers, among others.

source

Rumor from a Cubs forum, take with a grain of salt:
670 The Score: Cubs Close to trade Marquis and Fuld for Crisp

Word is Beckett probably won't be with the team in Japan, can't say I'm upset by that at all. Now only if the Sox FO can think of a way to have Ortiz, Manny, and Papelbon to miss it.

I don't think his back is a big deal especially considering it's only March 11th (I'm be scared as hell if it was August 11th). But the only thing that worries me is the Sox have a brutual April, I'd be giddy if they were .500 on May 1st. I still think it's important they jump out to an early and big lead right out of the gate.

Back
Top Bottom