The Official CELTICS VS LAKERS Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official CELTICS VS LAKERS Thread

Close game until about the 4 minute mark left in the 4th quarter. Then the Lakers couldn't buy a basket or make a free throw. Good defense by the Celts down the stretch, but the Lakers had wide open shots and couldn't hit 'em.

All the Lakers need to do is get one game in Boston. I look for a Lakers adjustment and a win in game 2.

Anyone else think that Paul Pierce incident was a little over-dramatic?

Anyone else think that Paul Pierce incident was a little over-dramatic?
Umm what the hell? LOL. The guy has a strained MCL. That is a serious sports injury. He's possibly in major pain atm after having the knee cool down over night and is likely to become a gametime decision.

Umm what the hell? LOL. The guy has a strained MCL. That is a serious sports injury. He's possibly in major pain atm after having the knee cool down over night and is likely to become a gametime decision.
Not downplaying the injury....just that.....it seemed a little....... dramatic to me that's all.

Not downplaying the injury....just that.....it seemed a little....... dramatic to me that's all.

The notion that he faked it is among the stupidest ever especially in a close game.

The notion that he faked it is among the stupidest ever especially in a close game.

Nobody is saying he faked it from what I've read, however, the exaggeration is undeniable.

I'm sorry, but being carried off by teammates and wheeled into the locker room, only to come back fine a little later was ridiculous. He made Italian soccer players look like Butkus with his histrionics.

Boston won't win in L.A. and the Lakers only need one in Boston.

Nobody is saying he faked it from what I've read, however, the exaggeration is undeniable.

I'm sorry, but being carried off by teammates and wheeled into the locker room, only to come back fine a little later was ridiculous. He made Italian soccer players look like Butkus with his histrionics.

So I wasn't the only one who saw it this way.

Keep telling yourself that. And that's easier said than done.

All bets are off if Pierce's knee takes away from his game, otherwise, LA is not beating Boston 3 consecutive times in LA.

Keep telling yourself that. And that's easier said than done.

All bets are off if Pierce's knee takes away from his game, otherwise, LA is not beating Boston 3 consecutive times in LA.

This is a team that lost two consecutive games to Atlanta, and three in a row overall to Atlanta in Atlanta. Ditto Cleveland.

Celtics played nice D, and the Lakers just didn't hit shots, many of them very good looks that just rattled out. Still the game was close.

Jackson will make the necessary adjustments and hopefully the Lakers win game 2.

No one is making that claim, at least not me. But the dramatics were present.

So tell me nobody has ever hurt themselves and it felt real bad at first to only realize it was not as bad as you thought. I have had that happen with my ankle in football and the pain was unbearable but a few minutes later I felt ok. Its obvious the guy thought he was hurt. I have never seen such prima donna fans as the Lakers. Pierce is a warrior, stabbed 11 times and did not miss a beat during the season.

This is a team that lost two consecutive games to Atlanta, and three in a row overall to Atlanta in Atlanta. Ditto Cleveland.

Celtics played nice D, and the Lakers just didn't hit shots, many of them very good looks that just rattled out. Still the game was close.

Jackson will make the necessary adjustments and hopefully the Lakers win game 2.

that was two series ago. They also won two games in Detroit which is one of the hardest places to win. They beat one of the best teams in the league in six games and had the best record on the road during the season so they are quite capable of winning in LA and at home they only lost one game to a damn good team.

You act like its so easy for LA to win in Boston. Believe me if Boston can win in Detroit twice they can win in LA.

The Lakers just need to win one game in Boston this trip, then 2 out of 3 in LA, then one in Boston on the return trip.

Very possible.

So tell me nobody has ever hurt themselves and it felt real bad at first to only realize it was not as bad as you thought. I have had that happen with my ankle in football and the pain was unbearable but a few minutes later I felt ok. Its obvious the guy thought he was hurt. I have never seen such prima donna fans as the Lakers. Pierce is a warrior, stabbed 11 times and did not miss a beat during the season.
Dude! You are taking my comments way too personal, and now are trying to make it personal with me. Don't.

I thought it was a very dramatical few moments when Pierce went down. Was he hurt, obviously. Was he intentionally hamming it up? I don't know. It just took on a Hollywood Movie script at one point.

Phil Jackson wisely took that time out when PP came back on the floor. It difused the crowd and the drama.

Dude! You are taking my comments way too personal, and now are trying to make it personal with me. Don't.

I thought it was a very dramatical few moments when Pierce went down. Was he hurt, obviously. Was he intentionally hamming it up? I don't know. It just took on a Hollywood Movie script at one point.

Phil Jackson wisely took that time out when PP came back on the floor. It difused the crowd and the drama.

I was referring to all the laker fans that are trying to make up every reason why they lost game one.This is the NBA I dont doubt the lakers can win this series but believe me they are in a series with a team they are not superior to. Yea that timeout really changed things lol. I personally dont think the Lakers have the guns for the celtics. They seem very soft and Lamar Odom seems very weak in heart and menatility. Seriously look at the video and tell me that did not look like a serious twisting of his leg and foot. The celtics D is much better and they are much more active on the boards. Kobe will give the Celtics trouble but they handled Lebron just fine so Kobe will not kill us.

Back
Top Bottom