The Official CELTICS VS LAKERS Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official CELTICS VS LAKERS Thread

You act like its so easy for LA to win in Boston. Believe me if Boston can win in Detroit twice they can win in LA.

Me saying L.A. needs to win 1 of 4 in Boston somehow implies easiness? Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Me saying L.A. needs to win 1 of 4 in Boston somehow implies easiness? Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

It is just as likely Boston can win in LA as LA can in Boston thats all Im saying.

I really thought the pierce injury hurt the Lakers. I took the wind out of the game and to me it seemed like the Lakers had weathered the initial 2nd half push by the Celts and had taken control of the flow of the game. Pierce's injury changed the flow of the game, a game that I thought favored the Lakers.

Was it a bit dramatic...yes.

Props to Pierce for coming back.

That's my 2 cents

Edit:

Apparently we aren't the only ones who thought this was a bit over the top.

As for the Lakers, they were rolling their eyes, dubious of the entire episode. They exist within a world of actors and divas. Every night, they surround them in the Staples Center. To see Pierce carried out, and then return so quickly, left Phil Jackson at his sarcastic best. Reed had been his teammate on the Knicks in 1970, and well, Jackson didn’t dare compare Pierce and the old Knicks captain.
“Guys can break a shoelace and go out,” Jackson sniffed. “The pants break down. Drawstrings fall apart.”
This was Jackson’s way of telling Pierce: Get over yourself.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...slug=aw-lalbosgame1060608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I really thought the pierce injury hurt the Lakers. I took the wind out of the game and to me it seemed like the Lakers had weathered the initial 2nd half push by the Celts and had taken control of the flow of the game. Pierce's injury changed the flow of the game, a game that I thought favored the Lakers.

Was it a bit dramatic...yes.

Props to Pierce for coming back.

That's my 2 cents

Edit:

Apparently we aren't the only ones who thought this was a bit over the top.

As for the Lakers, they were rolling their eyes, dubious of the entire episode. They exist within a world of actors and divas. Every night, they surround them in the Staples Center. To see Pierce carried out, and then return so quickly, left Phil Jackson at his sarcastic best. Reed had been his teammate on the Knicks in 1970, and well, Jackson didn’t dare compare Pierce and the old Knicks captain.
“Guys can break a shoelace and go out,” Jackson sniffed. “The pants break down. Drawstrings fall apart.”
This was Jackson’s way of telling Pierce: Get over yourself.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...slug=aw-lalbosgame1060608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Phil Jackson at his classless best. So was Kederick faking it also. Only the most gullible people can believe the nonsense that Pierce faked an injury in a close game. I think it borders on idiotic. We lost to the celtics but only because of thier emotion, what a croc. Oh maybe we lost because of the rims they are differant. Wait we lost because the refs missed a close midcourt violation. Wait we lost because we missed our bunnies. Wait we lost because of something else. The Lakers showed no class but what can you expect of a team that has a star player that has to trolly for hotel employees to cheat on his wife with then payoff so he does not go to trial. Yea Kobe you are all class. If you want to see the best actor in the NBA and hear the acting job Derek Fisher did to get out of Utah, Isnt your daughter still sick I mean she is number one in your life.

Ok, after that first game, I definitely want the Lakers too win. I can't take another obnoxious Celtics fan in my face at the sports bar. And I'm note even wearing anything with the Lakers on it, they're just verbally bloating about their team while I'm getting a drink. Shut up, you suck along with your punk *** Patriots. They need to lose, just to be so close to greatness, and then have it snatched away, like the Giants did the Pats. Go Lakers!:woot:

Phil Jackson at his classless best. So was Kederick faking it also. Only the most gullible people can believe the nonsense that Pierce faked an injury in a close game. I think it borders on idiotic. We lost to the celtics but only because of thier emotion, what a croc. Oh maybe we lost because of the rims they are differant. Wait we lost because the refs missed a close midcourt violation. Wait we lost because we missed our bunnies. Wait we lost because of something else. The Lakers showed no class but what can you expect of a team that has a star player that has to trolly for hotel employees to cheat on his wife with then payoff so he does not go to trial. Yea Kobe you are all class. If you want to see the best actor in the NBA and hear the acting job Derek Fisher did to get out of Utah, Isnt your daughter still sick I mean she is number one in your life.

WOW, I don't think anyone is saying that Pierce faked the injury, Just that it was overly dramatic...I know that's hard to understand. Jackson basically said that Pierce was Willis Reed, something I think the commentators mentioned that night, they must be Laker fans.

As for the emotion, I'm not saying the Celtics won because of it, I'm just saying his injury changed the flow of the game in favor of the Celtics. My view is founded on the fact that at the time Lakers were up 2 and the injury the Celtics won by 12.

Ok, after that first game, I definitely want the Lakers too win. I can't take another obnoxious Celtics fan in my face at the sports bar. And I'm note even wearing anything with the Lakers on it, they're just verbally bloating about their team while I'm getting a drink. Shut up, you suck along with your punk *** Patriots. They need to lose, just to be so close to greatness, and then have it snatched away, like the Giants did the Pats. Go Lakers!:woot:

Lakers and Celtic fans are the two most obnoxious in the NBA. I guess they've earned the right though.

This is a team that lost two consecutive games to Atlanta, and three in a row overall to Atlanta in Atlanta. Ditto Cleveland.

Celtics played nice D, and the Lakers just didn't hit shots, many of them very good looks that just rattled out. Still the game was close.

Jackson will make the necessary adjustments and hopefully the Lakers win game 2.

You can sit here and make excuses all day about why you're down 1-0. The fact of the matter is, your team was POUNDED on the glass and defensively, the Lakers had no answer for the Celtics in the 2nd half.

You better HOPE the Lakers find a way to steal Game 2, because the they will not beat the Celtics 3 consecutive times in LA with a healthy Pierce. Fact of the matter is, if the Lakers don't win tomorrow night, they're screwed because they're not winning 2 games at the Garden.

You can sit here and make excuses all day about why you're down 1-0. The fact of the matter is, your team was POUNDED on the glass and defensively, the Lakers had no answer for the Celtics in the 2nd half.

You better HOPE the Lakers find a way to steal Game 2, because the they will not beat the Celtics 3 consecutive times in LA with a healthy Pierce. Fact of the matter is, if the Lakers don't win tomorrow night, they're screwed because they're not winning 2 games at the Garden.

Excuses? What excuses? I was merely stating the reality of Boston's lame road playoff record in the first two rounds, and the fact that the Lakers missed some easy looks. Simply fact. They lost 3 consecutive road games to Atlanta with a "healthy Pierce". You may think they are a different team now, I don't.

As for the Lakers being my team---no. I'm simply pulling for them because I despise all Boston teams and their legion of obnoxious fans.

Excuses? What excuses? I was merely stating the reality of Boston's lame road playoff record in the first two rounds, and the fact that the Lakers missed some easy looks. Simply fact. They lost 3 consecutive road games to Atlanta with a "healthy Pierce". You may think they are a different team now, I don't.

As for the Lakers being my team---no. I'm simply pulling for them because I despise all Boston teams and their legion of obnoxious fans.

Really? 3 consecutive road games to Atlanta? Well considering the fact that the 2-3-2 series format is only used in the Finals, that would be impossible.

FYI -- stating that the Lakers "missed easy shots" and "had a few shots that went down and popped out" are, in fact, excuses. They lost because they were pounded on the glass and they haven't seen a defense like Boston.

BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

Really? 3 consecutive road games to Atlanta? Well considering the fact that the 2-3-2 series format is only used in the Finals, that would be impossible.

FYI -- stating that the Lakers "missed easy shots" and "had a few shots that went down and popped out" are, in fact, excuses. They lost because they were pounded on the glass and they haven't seen a defense like Boston.

BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

Suppose it depends on your definition of the word "consecutive". Did the Celts lose 3 consecutive games in Atlanta? I'd say yes. Semantics really. If anything, it can easily be argued that losing 3 straight to L.A. in L.A. is more likely.

When Boston lost 2 in a row to Atlanta, a team with a losing regular season record, they at least got to go home and get back momentum. Although they then came back to Atlanta and got crushed for the third time.

This time around if they lose 2 in a row to L.A., a seemingly likely prospect based on Boston's playoff record thus far, they won't get to go home and lick their wounds.

L.A. has the best coach and best player in this series. Historically, the teams that can say that have gone on to win. Hopefully it'll be the same this year and I get to enjoy yet again a Boston team losing when it matters most.

Nice comeback by the Lakers in the 4th, but too late. Boston fell asleep during that run, but you can't do that against this Lakers team. That comeback gives the Lakers a much needed boost of confidence going back to LA for three games.

I have to revise my prediction and go with plan B - Lakers win three in LA, then only need to win one in Boston.

Back
Top Bottom