The Official Lakers run for Championship #15 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Lakers run for Championship #15

Kobe just looks... ehh.

I hope he picks it up because although I don't like the Lakers, I love watching Kobe.

Ya he doesnt have that explosiveness. Cant blame him he only been back 1 week off knee surgery. So he out of shape. As long as he doesnt get hurt again.

Amars said:
Ya he doesnt have that explosiveness. Cant blame him he only been back 1 week off knee surgery. So he out of shape. As long as he doesnt get hurt again.
What is the story on that? He has surgery to scope out his knee in July....something a lot of NFL players do every offseason...and now 4 months later hes still not ready to go?

Someone had a nice article on high school player's longevity, specifically TMac ( I think on cbs sportsline). The question was whether we should ignore age and rather look at years in the league when looking at the ascension/decline of an athlete. Kobe may be 32, not 28.

Ferretsquig said:
Someone had a nice article on high school player's longevity, specifically TMac ( I think on cbs sportsline). The question was whether we should ignore age and rather look at years in the league when looking at the ascension/decline of an athlete. Kobe may be 32, not 28.

That's a really good point and a potential problem for LA

Ferretsquig said:
What is the story on that? He has surgery to scope out his knee in July....something a lot of NFL players do every offseason...and now 4 months later hes still not ready to go?

Interesting scenario. The Jury is still out so its a wait and see with kobe.

Lakers are 7-3 and look ok thus far. Big Problem Turnovers. 22 of them last night. Next game vs. the Clippers which is going to be a tough test because the Clips are good. I think the Lakers need to win the next 7 out 10 games because of the favorable home schedule. After that its on the road for some brutal games.

The Blueprint said:
Kobe just looks... ehh.

I hope he picks it up because although I don't like the Lakers, I love watching Kobe.

hes not healthy...but hes still playing the awesome defense, and being more of a roleplayer in the triangle offense instead of being selfish...lakers will win a championship this year if kobe continues to play that way, once hes healthy

Buddwalk said:
hes not healthy...but hes still playing the awesome defense, and being more of a roleplayer in the triangle offense instead of being selfish...lakers will win a championship this year if kobe continues to play that way, once hes healthy

:lol:

Lets not get carried away here. The Lakers have exceeded expectations so far but I don't think many fans in the wildest dreams think this team is a contender. Talent wise the team just doesn't come close to the big guns in the West.

Ferretsquig said:

Lets not get carried away here. The Lakers have exceeded expectations so far but I don't think many fans in the wildest dreams think this team is a contender. Talent wise the team just doesn't come close to the big guns in the West.

If/When Bynum emerges they will have enough talent to win the whole thing.

Walton has emerged as a solid starter. Smuch is still below average

but

Farmar, Turiaf, Kwame, Radmonovich, Evans are all solid options off the bench.

The Lakers can legitimately go 10 deep. They were only 2 deep last year:lol:

Ferretsquig said:

:confused: Bynum,Brown and Odom upfront seem to have pretty good size to me.

Well, beating the Clippers wasa nice test, although, they free throw line is what won it for them. The thing I like is that they are winning ugly. LAst year, they let these types of games get away from them.

Kobe looked like Kobe last night and really picked up for Odom who has been in a little funk over the past couple of games. Luke hit a huge three towards the end and the role players did a good job.

As for people who say L.A. doesn't have a presence in the middle, they haven't been paying attention. Andrew Bynum is making a name for himself at 19, and Kwame, since coming back from his shoulder injury, has played outstanding defense and been a rebounding machine. I don't know if they will be able tosplit time between the two equally going forward, but so far, it has worked out well.

The Utah game on Friday will be a huge test to see where L.A. is. I don't really expect them to win, but if they play them close, or somehow pull off a win, people will start to take notice.

Samphin said:
Well, beating the Clippers wasa nice test, although, they free throw line is what won it for them. The thing I like is that they are winning ugly. LAst year, they let these types of games get away from them.

Kobe looked like Kobe last night and really picked up for Odom who has been in a little funk over the past couple of games. Luke hit a huge three towards the end and the role players did a good job.

As for people who say L.A. doesn't have a presence in the middle, they haven't been paying attention. Andrew Bynum is making a name for himself at 19, and Kwame, since coming back from his shoulder injury, has played outstanding defense and been a rebounding machine. I don't know if they will be able tosplit time between the two equally going forward, but so far, it has worked out well.

The Utah game on Friday will be a huge test to see where L.A. is. I don't really expect them to win, but if they play them close, or somehow pull off a win, people will start to take notice.

Agreed Utah will be tough.........(on last night's game)that 4th quarter was ugly.....we didn't score a field goal(or a single point) until after the six minute mark:shakeno: yet we still won.I don't know if it was good D or the Clips were playing as bad as we were at the time.:(

Back
Top Bottom