The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

Another thing we can give up on is having one of the top picks in the draft. Marion and Wade are going to lift us to atleast a 7-10 pick.

Nope. The tank has been on for a while. I think Riley is TRYING to tank games by the way he is pulling our best players down the stretch when we get close.

I was also afraid of this..but I trust Riley will know what to do. ;)

Am I the only one at least somewhat excited about Marcus Banks?

Remember how I lobbied for him a few summers ago (MLE). I don't think he got a fair shot in Phoenix, and he definitely didn't fit in with their offense. The fact that he's improved his shot is a tremendous asset (38.5% from three this year). I already thought he was a decent young PG with Minnesota. Aggressive, takes the ball to the rack, etc. He's got some decent size as well, nice build.

Well can he really be any worse than what the Heat have been playing at PG this year? I don't think it'll be long before hes starting and playing major minutes. Wade's will have a far easier time when Marion and Banks can take on the top two perimeter threats on the defensive end.

Yeah, don't even bother including Wade as a PG in any futuristic line-up's. He's already said that he has no desire to play the point, and it's a must to keep him as happy as possible to make sure he re-signs with Miami after opting out.

Anyways, lots of interesting ideas out there. One of Ira's ideas is that he believes Miami will trade either Ricky Davis or Jason Williams for a PG or PF/C who could be a part of the future, but definitely not both. The idea with this is that if Miami trades both, then obviously we'd meet the luxury tax. If Miami trades J-Will or Davis with say Smush Parker or Marcus Banks, then we'd have another starter added to the line-up for the future, along with our top 5 pick next year and the MLE/LLE.

Don't know why, but he mentioned Jamal Crawford as a name to look out for. Makes sense, as his contract ends with Dwyane Wade unless he takes a player option the year before, which would then end his contract with Shawn Marion. Actually, it would make PERFECT sense.

Hypothetically speaking as always, let's say we get the #3 pick:

G - Jamal Crawford, Delonte West (FA)
G - Dwyane Wade, Daequan Cook
F - Shawn Marion, Dorell Wright
F - Udonis Haslem, Alex Johnson/Mark Blount
C - DeAndre Jordan, Mark Blount/Desagna Diop (FA)

Not bad at all depending on Jordan's development. But apparently Blount is an All-Star. :D

Marion expires after next season, and Crawford can opt out as well. If not, then he'll be a free agent in two years. Overall, Marion & Crawford both expire with or before Dwyane Wade while still fully capable of being solid contributors in the meanwhile, so that's perfect.

speaking of ira, in his las blog he had this:

Chris Quinn played after being held out Wednesday in Detroit. Riley said he wanted to take an extended look at Wade at point guard against the Pistons, something that could become even more prevalent once Marion is in uniform.

guys i'm not saying that wade plays better at the one at all, but i'm saying it's realistic that he might be one of our options.

:lol: wtf
I heard today that Marion said Riley offense is like running with Stone Shoes. He was interviewed by a Phx radio host.

:lol: wtf
I heard today that Marion said Riley offense is like running with Stone Shoes. He was interviewed by a Phx radio host.

I heard today that Kobe said that he was gonna lose in the first round intentionally this time because he has money on the Spurs.

Got a link amars? because there is not one mention in all of the internet of this quote.

The SHAQ offense was like that...but the new offense that is being installed is nowhere near a half court offense.

Nope. The tank has been on for a while. I think Riley is TRYING to tank games by the way he is pulling our best players down the stretch when we get close.

I was also afraid of this..but I trust Riley will know what to do. ;)
Forgot which game it was against, I think against Dallas, Blount was having a monster game, and Riley took him out for the majority of the 4th quarter and released our secret weapon, Luke Jackson.

Bought tickets for today's game back in about October.

Didn't expect to be seeing Shawn Marion's first game as a Heaterbocker.

But watching Kobe live is good enough the joy for me.

I hope Kobe & Wade exchange 40+ today and we get a win. (don't want to see 0-15 again)

Am I the only one at least somewhat excited about Marcus Banks?

Remember how I lobbied for him a few summers ago (MLE). I don't think he got a fair shot in Phoenix, and he definitely didn't fit in with their offense. The fact that he's improved his shot is a tremendous asset (38.5% from three this year). I already thought he was a decent young PG with Minnesota. Aggressive, takes the ball to the rack, etc. He's got some decent size as well, nice build.
I'm with ya... I believe he will turn into a starting PG in a year or two.

Fun game to watch.

How about J-Will chucking a three on a 4v1 break? Yeah, this team is obviously tanking. Ricky Davis is also the biggest bum in the NBA. If we bring him back, I will refuse to attend a single game next year.

Marion will be amazing once he gets comfortable playing with Wade, and this new tempo sure suits Dorell Wright -- boy, he was flying all over the court. Marcus Banks also gets from point-a to point-b fast as hell. I think he should start over J-Will from here on out just to see what we have. Ohhh, and Mark Blount >>>> Kobe Bryant. This guy should be in the MVP discussions.

I'm not going to lie, I'm taking the Shaq thing hard. I am a huge Shaq fan. Have been from day one. Every team he has been on I have followed, even the Lakers, which I dont care for that much. But when he came home to Miami I felt like a kid again. My favorite player was playing for my childhood team, and my favorite team to this day, it was a great ride. I know its better for both teams, but its still hard to go to Phoenix's website and see him in a suns jersey. :(

Dorell Wright over the last 9 games as a starter:

12.4 PPG
7.2 RPG
1.8 APG
51% FG
93% FT
0.8 BPG
1.1 T/OPG
0.8 SPG

Like I said all along, Dorell Wright was not the problem. It was the mere fact that he didn't fit in with an offense that ran through Shaquille O'Neal. He's much more fit for a team that runs through Dwyane Wade and a more up tempo style, and it's showing tremendously. Watching Dorell run up and down the court with Wade & Marion yesterday really had me thinking of future possibilities; I mean, add a Derrick Rose to the squad and think of what could be. Amazing potential. This kid has become an efficient player. 100% of the way. He's had stretches like this before, but never for more than 4-5 games if even that long.

All of a sudden, the kid is extremely solid from the deep corner as well.

I smell something cooking in the pot. We better keep him. He's coming along.

I dont know King...Rose has looked weak lately...his shooting percentage is crap.....Leaning more torwards Beasley personally.

Back
Top Bottom