The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

I'm kind of waiting until the tourny, but ehh, I don't know. Overall he's 47% from the floor, and he's been fine except for the game against UTEP which I actually saw. I still think Rose is going to be one of those players better suited for the NBA's speed/style of play, similar to Dwyane Wade.

I'd take Beasley #1 though, but I'm thinking Marion/Wade gets us ahead of probably Minnesota and Seattle, but you know how the lottery works. I'm really hoping for #1 or #2, but who knows. #3 wouldn't be bad because it's going to be hard as hell to find a center for the future (toughest position to find quality), and I like DeAndre Jordan's potential (A&M doesn't run many plays for him) a lot.

But if we're picking beyond #3? lol, I think Riley moves the pick for a veteran similar to what Boston did. Wouldn't be bad, because now we've got two All-Star caliber players on the roster. Adding a third would be ideal, and well worthy.

Use that pick in a trade for Brand. Though I dont know how salary match up works with draft pick.

Use that pick in a trade for Brand. Though I dont know how salary match up works with draft pick.

Wow...I would unload anything we got outside Marion and Wade for Brand.

Wade/Marion/Brand would be the best big three in basketball. Instant CHAMPIONSHIP contenders.

We would have to do something like this: Haslem, Blount, 1st pick for Brand. JUST DO IT.

I wouldn't trade Haslem unless it was for Brand at the moment.

Definitely, we should not trade Haslem till the offseason.

Haslem is a good roleplayer, can give you 14/9 at PF every night. Unless the deal is for a healthy Brand, I'd wait till the offseason, depending on our draft, to trade him.

If we can draft Beasley, trade Haslem and player for a Center like Marcus Camby:

PG: ????
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Shaun Marion
PF: Beasley
C: Marcus Camby

Coming off the bench: Daequan Cook on his second year, Dorrell Wright, Marcus Banks, and maybe Blount? I think that team can get us back to being contenders as well.

Brand is going to be a FA....noone is trading anything for him.

Rose scares me, although not quite as much as Mayo. Both seem to project as undersized two guards in the NBA, unless they can find a team that doesn't ask its PG to pass the ball. The Heat do not need a point who leads the team in shot attempts. From what I've seen of Rose he does has the ability to be a brilliant PG, but so did Marbury and Iverson. Some coach in the NBA is going to really struggle to defeat that score first mentality, and playing in that free for all system at Memphis doesn't help anything.

And don't root too hard for the Heat to lose. Teams with the worst record never get the first pick.

I wanted Rose at first, but he does seem more and more like a two guard.

IMO, draft Beasely or trade the pick for All Star player like Brand, trade Haslem and player for Camby if available.

Salary cap wise, I'd like to resign Marion, so I'm not sure if getting Brand is a good idea, with the luxury tax and all, and the likely demand for max contract as well [with a question mark on his health].

So, drafting Beasley and trading Haslem and player for Camby if available, seems like the best scenario for our team.

I'll take Kobe/Odom/Gasol or Allen/Pierce/KG over that anytime.

Odom is not a viable player to put in this mix. His game has been way too inconsistent. Allen, is injury prone, but the big 3 in Bean town. Are deadly. In the long run, Miami would have a younger faster, and possibly better tandem then both.

Odom is not a viable player to put in this mix. His game has been way too inconsistent. Allen, is injury prone, but the big 3 in Bean town. Are deadly. In the long run, Miami would have a younger faster, and possibly better tandem then both.

Faster maybe, but not really much younger or better. Marion's showing his age and the wear and tear is starting to show on Brand. Plus, Odom usually has Marion's number down especially in the playoffs. I can sub out Odom and put Bynum in there for the future and it'd still look better. If Bynum can return and continue his progress, we could field a big 4.

Faster maybe, but not really much younger or better. Marion's showing his age and the wear and tear is starting to show on Brand. Plus, Odom usually has Marion's number down especially in the playoffs. I can sub out Odom and put Bynum in there for the future and it'd still look better. If Bynum can return and continue his progress, we could field a big 4.

Age is showing on Marion? what?

Wear and tear on Brand? brand is young. He had an injury.

Wade/Marion/Brand would be tops. Maybe 2 GM's would disagree (Ainge and Cupcake)

You seem to forget that we had Odom at HIS BEST here..and even that was nowhere close to what Shawn Marion is.

Then you wouldn't be a very good general manager.

Wade/Marion/Brand is a 3 - way all-star combo. Kobe/odom/gasol is a one-way.....Allen/Pierce/KG is a two way.

That's coming from a Heat fan. Ask an impartial guy and he'll say I'm right. Sure, all star combo in the East, not in the West.

Age is showing on Marion? what?

Wear and tear on Brand? brand is young. He had an injury.

Wade/Marion/Brand would be tops. Maybe 2 GM's would disagree (Ainge and Cupcake)

Marion's certainly older than Odom and Gasol. Plus, his stats have regressed across the board.

Brand's had previous injuries as well. Ask Clipper fans if they think Brand's got some wear and tear in him. They'll mostly say yes.

Hardly, I can think of two more combos better than that. San Antonio's Duncan/Parker/Ginobili and Detroit's Billups/Hamilton/Wallace.

Besides, it's not likely Heat will be able to keep both Marion and sign Brand to a max contract without incurring a heavy luxury tax. They're better off keeping Haslem and getting a true starting C or PG.

Back
Top Bottom