The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

That's coming from a Heat fan. Ask an impartial guy and he'll say I'm right. Sure, all star combo in the East, not in the West.

Marion's certainly older than Odom and Gasol. Plus, his stats have regressed across the board.

Brand's had previous injuries as well. Ask Clipper fans if they think Brand's got some wear and tear in him. They'll mostly say yes.

Hardly, I can think of two more combos better than that. San Antonio's Duncan/Parker/Ginobili and Detroit's Billups/Hamilton/Wallace.

Besides, it's not likely Heat will be able to keep both Marion and sign Brand to a max contract without incurring a heavy luxury tax. They're better off keeping Haslem and getting a true starting C or PG.

Marion and Brand were both all-stars in the west. Wade would be as well. 3 - WAY all-star combo.

Ask any impartial person and they would take the heat combo. It is just more talented. AND consistent.

Marion and Brand were both all-stars in the west. Wade would be as well. 3 - WAY all-star combo.

Ask any impartial person and they would take the heat combo. It is just more talented. AND consistent.

Gasol was an All-Star, Bynum's about to be one. There's 3 way for us. It doesn't matter anyways since we have a better bench.

I don't think they would. If I were to offer Kobe/Odom or Bynum/Gasol, Allen/Pierce/KG, or Wade/Marion/Brand, most people would choose either of the first two.

no they wouldnt...most people would chose bostons or miami's...seriously

wade vs kobe
kobe has the edge, not by a lot, but its not real close.

marion vs odom
marion better by a large large amount

brand vs gasol
brand is better by a large amount

no they wouldnt...most people would chose bostons or miami's...seriously

wade vs kobe
kobe has the edge, not by a lot, but its not real close.

marion vs odom
marion better by a large large amount

brand vs gasol
brand is better by a large amount

In Marion vs. Odom, Odom generally just punishes Marion.

And Brand is not better than Gasol by a large amount. Maybe only slightly. But I'd rather take Gasol's length anyways.

In Marion vs. Odom, Odom generally just punishes Marion.

i love odom, but no way he's even in marion's league. i think you've been in la too long. :lol:

also, as far as the draft, i wouldn't mind taking hibbert if we get a 3-5 pick. he'd add size and low post consistency we'll need for the playoffs.

If you think Lamar Odom is better than Shawn Marion, then yes, you are one hell of a homer. It's not even close, dude. Marion is a 2nd tier All-Star caliber guy, whereas Odom should be nothing more than third option on a title contender. He plays scared offensively. Go to the Lakers forum on RealGM and ask. They'll probably laugh in your face. When Marion/Odom was rumored in the summer, Lakers fans prayed and prayed that it would go down, and Suns fans wanted to cry. Also, Brand is better than Gasol by a significant amount. Have you ever seen Pau Gasol attempt to play defense? It's not happening. Gasol just fits perfectly next to a guy like Bynum who can man the paint single handedly.

IMO,

Kobe/Bynum/Gasol/Odom > Wade/Marion/Brand/draft pick > KG/Pierce/Allen

#2 has a chance to surpass #1 if the top 5 pick pans out.

But #2 is also hypothetical, so it isn't even worthy of the debate.

Marion's certainly older than Odom and Gasol. Plus, his stats have regressed across the board.

That's just a poor statement, lol.

-Shawn Marion's "regression" with his numbers have more to do with how talented Phoenix is than anything. He was playing with two other All-Stars for Christ's sake. I mean, is it just me, or has KG/Ray Allen's numbers decreased as well? Duh. It's because the ball is being spread, not a matter of regression.

-I do, however, find it interesting that you failed to mention the fact that Lamar Odom is averaging career lows in points, assists, and blocks, disregarding the year he only played 29 games due to injury.

-FYI, Shawn Marion is exactly 6 months older than Lamar Odom. Let's not forget that Odom has more wear and tear from injury issues by a wiiiiiiiiiiiide margain, and experience wise, they both entered the league the same year. So yeah, so much for the "age" factor.

i love odom, but no way he's even in marion's league. i think you've been in la too long. :lol:

also, as far as the draft, i wouldn't mind taking hibbert if we get a 3-5 pick. he'd add size and low post consistency we'll need for the playoffs.

One on one, Odom has outplayed Marion. Just look at the recent matchups and in playoffs. On a regular season game by game basis, sure Marion produces a bit more but head to head, I'd go with Odom.

That's just a poor statement, lol.

-Shawn Marion's "regression" with his numbers have more to do with how talented Phoenix is than anything. He was playing with two other All-Stars for Christ's sake. I mean, is it just me, or has KG/Ray Allen's numbers decreased as well? Duh. It's because the ball is being spread, not a matter of regression.

-I do, however, find it interesting that you failed to mention the fact that Lamar Odom is averaging career lows in points, assists, and blocks, disregarding the year he only played 29 games due to injury.

-FYI, Shawn Marion is exactly 6 months older than Lamar Odom. Let's not forget that Odom has more wear and tear from injury issues by a wiiiiiiiiiiiide margain, and experience wise, they both entered the league the same year. So yeah, so much for the "age" factor.

Um, so last year, Phoenix didn't have this talent? You mean to say Amare and Nash weren't there last year either? Come on. The ball's always been spread for the Suns, it's just that Marion wasn't producing with the same efficiency.

The age factor I referred to was that people were considering Marion as younger. He's not. So yea, so much for the age factor because you can't claim he's younger. That was my point.

One on one, Odom has outplayed Marion. Just look at the recent matchups and in playoffs. On a regular season game by game basis, sure Marion produces a bit more but head to head, I'd go with Odom.

Um, so last year, Phoenix didn't have this talent? You mean to say Amare and Nash weren't there last year either? Come on. The ball's always been spread for the Suns, it's just that Marion wasn't producing with the same efficiency.

The age factor I referred to was that people were considering Marion as younger. He's not. So yea, so much for the age factor because you can't claim he's younger. That was my point.

You are crazy if you don;t think Wade/marion/brand is better than Kobe/Odom/Gasol. You can't find anybody other than laker fans to agree with you on that one.

Since you are showing a serious homer streak in here....

I am laughing my *** off at you wanting odom instead of marion because odom had a good series against him.

I decided to do a little homework to see if you made that up as well as your fantasy of Gasol being anywhere near as good as brand.

Here are Shawn marions stats VERSUS Lamar Odom since Odom became a LAKER.

This year with Odom Guarding him: 16.0 ppg 10.3 RPG. 06-07: 14.3 ppg 9.3 RPG, 05-06: 23.3 ppg 12.0 RPG, 04-05: 23.0 ppg 12.3 RPG

This is Lamar Odom's stats versus Shawn Marion in the same time: This year 16.3 ppg 17 RPG. 06-07: 20.0 ppg 13.3 RPG, 05-06: 17.3 ppg 12.5 RPG, 04-05: 18.5 PPG 13.5 RPG

Overall Numbers: Marion: 19.15 PPG 11.0 RPG. Odom: 18.0 PPG 14.0 RPG

Marion also has 3 times as many block shots and twice as many steals.

No much of a difference.

I think you have some of that Amars memory that somehow told him that Tyrone Luu made Allen Iverson a non-factor in the NBA finals when Iverson averaged 35.6 PPG. To quote Amars: "Tyrone Luu shut AI down and made him a non-factor." Allen Iverson only had the second best NBA finals of all-time. OOPS.

You are crazy if you don;t think Wade/marion/brand is better than Kobe/Odom/Gasol. You can't find anybody other than laker fans to agree with you on that one.

I am laughing my *** off at you wanting odom instead of marion because odom had a good series against him.

I decided to do a little homework to see if you made that up as well as your fantasy of Gasol being anywhere near as good as brand.

This year with Odom Guarding him: 16.0 ppg 10.3 RPG. 06-07: 14.3 ppg 9.3 RPG, 05-06: 23.3 ppg 12.0 RPG, 04-05: 23.0 ppg 12.3 RPG

This is Lamar Odom's stats versus Shawn Marion in the same time: This year 16.3 ppg 17 RPG. 06-07: 20.0 ppg 13.3 RPG, 05-06: 17.3 ppg 12.5 RPG, 04-05: 18.5 PPG 13.5 RPG

No much of a difference.

I think you have some of that Amars memory that somehow told him that Tyrone Luu made Allen Iverson a non-factor in the NBA finals when Iverson averaged 35.6 PPG. To quote Amars: "Tyrone Luu shut AI down and made him a non-factor." Allen Iverson only had the second best NBA finals of all-time. OOPS.

You're a heat homer if you think Wade/Marion/Brand will even exist much less be better than Kobe/Odom/Gasol. Heck, my co-worker in lab agreed just now and he's a Spurs fan/bandwagoner (Also a Pats bandwagoner but that's a different story). I'd prefer Marion instead of Odom only because Marion will play the SF role-player part in a better capacity. If it's only one on one, I'd go with Odom. Going beyond the stats, you can see how if Odom posts up Marion, there's no chance Marion can do anything. You saw it again and again in the playoffs. They specifically exploited this. The announcers even notice it. That's why head to head Odom will beat out Marion. That's why Odom's numbers soar. As for Marion's numbers, they're really inflated due to the fact that Marion's points usually come from gimmies such as alley-oops, good passes inside the lane, and wide-open 3's. He doesn't set up his own shot. Good homework means going beyond the numbers unless it's for fantasy. It's why numbers-cruncher DePodesta failed with the Dodgers.

You're a heat homer if you think Wade/Marion/Brand will even exist much less be better than Kobe/Odom/Gasol. Heck, my co-worker in lab agreed just now and he's a Spurs fan/bandwagoner (Also a Pats bandwagoner but that's a different story). I'd prefer Marion instead of Odom only because Marion will play the SF role-player part in a better capacity. If it's only one on one, I'd go with Odom. Going beyond the stats, you can see how if Odom posts up Marion, there's no chance Marion can do anything. You saw it again and again in the playoffs. They specifically exploited this. The announcers even notice it. That's why head to head Odom will beat out Marion. That's why Odom's numbers soar. As for Marion's numbers, they're really inflated due to the fact that Marion's points usually come from gimmies such as alley-oops, good passes inside the lane, and wide-open 3's. He doesn't set up his own shot. Good homework means going beyond the numbers unless it's for fantasy. It's why numbers-cruncher DePodesta failed with the Dodgers.

Ugh The Depodesta name sends chills down my back. Thank god he is with the Padres now!

Ugh The Depodesta name sends chills down my back. Thank god he is with the Padres now!

Thankfully so. The guy thinks he's running a fantasy league. 0 consideration of intangibles. Coletti's been mixed so far but at least he's not canning popular and successful players just for the heck of it. And now our friends the Padres can enjoy him. :lol:

No much of a difference.

I am coming in late, but why is the Lakers triumvant Kobe/Lamar/Pau? If you are gonna go with the top 3 players on the Lakers, I would think that Bynum has to be put into the mix. Kobe/Bynum/Gasol. Lamar is at best, a fourth option. His focus is rebounding and passing the ball. He shoots the ball when he is with the second unit or if he is completely open.

To me, Kobe/Bynum/Gasol far outweighs Wade/Marion/Brand. And I don't think that is a home statement. If they played the same opponents, I would bet that the Lakers team would end up winning more.

Just my opinion. Feel free to brush it off as another Laker homer who knows nothing about the game. Apparently any and all b-ball knowledge is held by Miami fans. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom