The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

Anyone else find this interesting last night:

Dwyane Wade is a decent one on one defender at best, but Riley mysteriously switched him on LeBron in the 4th Q and he completely shut him down. I was amazed because speed/quickness wise they're about equal, but LeBron has way more size/strength. Must be a personal thing between two best friends, but I wish Wade had that same defensive mentality every night. IMO, that's still the big difference between Kobe Bryant & Dwyane Wade.

On the flip side, Mike Brown switched LeBron on Wade in the 4th Q & Wade went ape **** :D

Wade is ok against guys like Lebron. He struggles when hes asked to guard the smaller, quicker guards because he has lousy footwork. And I would have to disagree about the quickness of the two. Wade has one of the fastest first steps in the game.

Wow, talk about harshness. ESPN good call bad call just said the Heat are a worse team future wise then the NY Knicks, and that we would probably have trouble getting into the NCAA tourney.

You were wrong. and continue to be wrong. J-Will is one of the best Turnover to assist ratio guys in the league for the last 4 years.

He is having a horrible year and he is still 8th in the NBA in assist to turnover ratio:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaassists&sort=astto&league=nba&avg=48

Okay?

The guy lost his jump shot. That is his problem. it is not turning it over.

Stop trying to justify a stupid arguement.

Stats lie.When we WERE actually in a game, too many times I saw JW forcing the ball and turning it over in those crucial moments. You can have nice stats and whatever for most of the game, but when you choke like he does in the games final moments, then yes, in my mind he's mistake prone and can't buy a bucket. He does setup shots for other players, which is great, but he's lost of his game. We shouldve traded him when we had the chance.

We? That's not Jason Williams' fault. If anything, most of our turnovers are mishandled passes or Dwyane Wade forcing the issue, which I don't blame him for with such a crappy supporting cast. Jason Williams career wise is one of the best players in the league at ball protection. This is an argument that you have absolutely zero chance of winning.

You can make excuses for him, but one of the reasons he was benched was because he would become turnover prone late in the game when the team had chances to win. Bottom line. Not to mention more often than not he cant buy a bucket.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thought any of those things about Smush Parker. Most people were dead on: if he becomes a good player, fine. If not, then it's not really going to hurt us financially. Never did I see a single person on here refer to Smush as a possible "good third option" behind Wade & Shaq. The idea was backup PG from the get go, so I don't know where "third option" comes from that.

If you read some of those ridiculous posts from back when we signed him, some people(probably on crack) were pretty happy, I who actually watch bball, knew better.

Stats lie.When we WERE actually in a game, too many times I saw JW forcing the ball and turning it over in those crucial moments. You can have nice stats and whatever for most of the game, but when you choke like he does in the games final moments, then yes, in my mind he's mistake prone and can't buy a bucket. He does setup shots for other players, which is great, but he's lost of his game. We shouldve traded him when we had the chance.

JWill isn't the point guard of this team when the game is on the line. He may walk the ball past the midcourt line but after that its all Wade. If you want to trash Jason its fine....there is plenty to criticize. But he doesn't turn the ball over. Hes the best ball handler on this team and has eliminated all that flash and style that defined him in his early days.

Williams was finished before he came to Miami. I believe West knew this and it was the primary impetus behind what initially looked like a ridiculously one-sided deal. Even in the championship season his knees were failing him and he was hobbling come playoff time.

I don't think anyone minds you being critical....just back it up with some substance. At least state an example of when he has forced the issue and cost the Heat a game based on his carelessness with the ball. Making blanket statement that are easily refutable isn't the best way to approach an argument.

Wow, talk about harshness. ESPN good call bad call just said the Heat are a worse team future wise then the NY Knicks, and that we would probably have trouble getting into the NCAA tourney.

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

you guys who like to ride j-will's youknowwhat can read this nice little article about how j-will coughs the ball up at the worst moments and how the assist-to-turnover ratio stat is CRAP. http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=7880 Stupid argument my ***.

So did you actually bother to read your own article? If so would you be so kind as to quote the passage in which the author states how JWill tends to "cough up the ball at the worst moments"? Putting aside the fact that the op ed piece was written 3 years ago of course...

The article is not without merit. One of the reasons JWill has had such a high assist/turnover ratio since coming to Miami is because Shaq and Wade are the focal points of the offense. The most dimwitted observer of the game of basketball should be able to come up with that conclusion without too much effort. Perhaps if JWill were asked to penetrate more and become more of a facilitator he would turn it over more often. But hes not and consequently he does not turn it over. Is it such a difficult concept to grasp?

you guys who like to ride j-will's youknowwhat can read this nice little article about how j-will coughs the ball up at the worst moments and how the assist-to-turnover ratio stat is CRAP. http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=7880 Stupid argument my ***.

Listen.

You were wrong. You continue to be wrong.

I can tell you don;t even watch them with that statement about J-Will turning it over in crunchtime.

For a while during our championship run...J-Will averaged 2 minutes a game in the 4th quarter.

Riley has always gone for defense and Wade at the point in crunchtime.

So aside from the fact that you are just making stuff up and posting articles from 40 years ago..what else do you got?

You can make excuses for him, but one of the reasons he was benched was because he would become turnover prone late in the game when the team had chances to win. Bottom line. Not to mention more often than not he cant buy a bucket.

If you read some of those ridiculous posts from back when we signed him, some people(probably on crack) were pretty happy, I who actually watch bball, knew better.

No he wasn't. In fact, he wasn;t even benched. benched means DNP's. He came off the bench when Quinn got the start and he was made to come off the bench because the team needed scoring punch off the bench.

In a few of those games..he played more minutes than Quinn.

He wasn;t benched for turnovers. Stop being silly.

More facts:

When Jason Williams was sent to the bench, he had not turned it over in 4 consecutive games.

The guy averages 1.48 turnovers per game.

But by all means, continue to ignore the facts.

Listen.

You were wrong. You continue to be wrong.

I can tell you don;t even watch them with that statement about J-Will turning it over in crunchtime.

For a while during our championship run...J-Will averaged 2 minutes a game in the 4th quarter.

Riley has always gone for defense and Wade at the point in crunchtime.

So aside from the fact that you are just making stuff up and posting articles from 40 years ago..what else do you got?

Maybe because Riley knows JWill is a major reliability in crunch time?

Back
Top Bottom