The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

Maybe because Riley knows JWill is a major reliability in crunch time?

No. because he wants defense and J-Will doesn't play defense. But if you want a PG to run the show..when healthy J-Will was very good.

he is done now. the injuries are too much.

So did you actually bother to read your own article? If so would you be so kind as to quote the passage in which the author states how JWill tends to "cough up the ball at the worst moments"? Putting aside the fact that the op ed piece was written 3 years ago of course...

He didnt say he coughed it up at the worst moment, which is my own observation, but the author does say that the reason his assist-to-turnover ratio is worthless because he doesn't take chances, like say penetrating the
paint, which he doesn't. The fact the article was written in 2005 is irrelevant because JWill hasnt changed his game much since he was with Memphis.

The article is not without merit. One of the reasons JWill has had such a high assist/turnover ratio since coming to Miami is because Shaq and Wade are the focal points of the offense. The most dimwitted observer of the game of basketball should be able to come up with that conclusion without too much effort. Perhaps if JWill were asked to penetrate more and become more of a facilitator he would turn it over more often. But hes not and consequently he does not turn it over. Is it such a difficult concept to grasp?
[/QUOTE]

It isn't a difficult concept to grasp, and if you insult my intelligence you're not going to have a good time arguing this with me. He's just not the type of PG you need in today's NBA, which requires rapid ball movement and taking chances in the paint as a PG, which means either going for a layup(attacking the basket) or kicking it out. He just becomes a statue at the arc, waits for something to happen, and thats it. When more is asked of him, he simply becomes a turnover prone gaurd he was known to be for much of his career. Granted, he has matured his gameplay over the years, but thats only because he was given a leash and told to distribute the ball more conservatively, which as mentioned, in today's NBA wont work, because teams have adapted and now thrive on aggressive ball movement and scoring.

He didnt say he coughed it up at the worst moment, which is my own observation, but the author does say that the reason his assist-to-turnover ratio is worthless because he doesn't take chances, like say penetrating the
paint, which he doesn't. The fact the article was written in 2005 is irrelevant because JWill hasnt changed his game much since he was with Memphis.

It isn't a difficult concept to grasp, and if you insult my intelligence you're not going to have a good time arguing this with me. He's just not the type of PG you need in today's NBA, which requires rapid ball movement and taking chances in the paint as a PG, which means either going for a layup(attacking the basket) or kicking it out. He just becomes a statue at the arc, waits for something to happen, and thats it. When more is asked of him, he simply becomes a turnover prone gaurd he was known to be for much of his career. Granted, he has matured his gameplay over the years, but thats only because he was given a leash and told to distribute the ball more conservatively, which as mentioned, in today's NBA wont work, because teams have adapted and now thrive on aggressive ball movement and scoring.

What I bolded is patently FALSE.

Turnover prone? for most of his career? here are his TO's per game since 02-03' (per season): 2.21, 1.89, 1.83, 1.69, 1.64, 1.48 he averages 2.32 TO's per game in his career.

I guess I missed him being the starting point guard on a championship team.

Just admit that you were wrong , are wrong and just can't admit that you are wrong. and be done with it.

What I bolded is patently FALSE.

Turnover prone? for most of his career? here are his TO's per game since 02-03' (per season): 2.21, 1.89, 1.83, 1.69, 1.64, 1.48 he averages 2.32 TO's per game in his career.

I guess I missed him being the starting point guard on a championship team.

Just admit that you were wrong , are wrong and just can't admit that you are wrong. and be done with it.

:lol:

Im going to start using that.

It isn't a difficult concept to grasp, and if you insult my intelligence you're not going to have a good time arguing this with me.

I don't know why not. I find this all quite entertaining.

He's just not the type of PG you need in today's NBA, which requires rapid ball movement and taking chances in the paint as a PG, which means either going for a layup(attacking the basket) or kicking it out.

I have watched a lot of professional basketball over the last 20 years and rapid ball movement has never been the forte of these athletes. Ever since Jordan the NBA has become a league of individual matchups and one on one play.

When JWill came to Miami he managed to transform himself, much to my surprise, from the primary ball handler to a scorer. The team didn't need another facilitator....it already had two that were far more effective at drawing the double teams and finding open teammates than JWill had ever been. Despite all of his defensive deficiencies he was the perfect PG for that team.

He just becomes a statue at the arc, waits for something to happen, and thats it. When more is asked of him, he simply becomes a turnover prone gaurd he was known to be for much of his career. Granted, he has matured his gameplay over the years, but thats only because he was given a leash and told to distribute the ball more conservatively, which as mentioned, in today's NBA wont work, because teams have adapted and now thrive on aggressive ball movement and scoring.

OK at least we're making progress here. Can we all admit now that the initial premise of your argument it completely false? I think we have all come to the conclusion that JWill does not turn it over very often, despite our varying theories on why that is the case.

Unless Eric Gordon can play PG on the NBA level, then no. Dwyane Wade has openly said that he has no intentions of ever being a full time PG, unfortunately (not that I blame him). I do like Eric Gordon though. If we were on the clock and Beasley, Rose, & Jordan were all off the board, then I don't know how you can pass on him, regardless. It'd be a tough situation, and that's why we MUST wind up with a top 3 pick in the lottery, IMO. I don't know how much Jerryd Bayless rises from now until the draft......

Maybe because Riley knows JWill is a major reliability in crunch time?

Ridiculous.

I don't care if our PG is Baron Davis.

Riley would still go to Wade in 4th.

That's what you do when you have a superstar.

The T/O argument is absurd, though.

True, thats too bad, I love Wade at the point.
I think he'd (Gordon) be fine if he learns how to bring the ball up the court. That's the load Dwyane Wade doesn't want to carry for 35-40 minutes, but he's pretty much our PG in the half court offense anyways. Gordon actually possesses the skills that Riley would love in a PG. I mean, he basically OK'ed the go ahead triple for J-Will, and Gordon loves coming down the court and lacing up from down town.

His game would compliment Wade's tremendously because of his outside shooting and overall scoring ability. The only problem is whether or not he can develop into a full time 1 (a job much easier when Wade is your 2), because whoever we draft in the top 5 better be a 35-40 MPG guy in the future. ;)

I think I'm the only guy in the world who sees a perfect fit in O.J. Mayo. Obviously not in the top 4, but somewhere after that......he reminds me a ton of Gilbert Arenas.

Btw, has anyone seen a good number of Texas A&M games this year?

I've only seen a few, and it seems to me like their offense simply ignores DeAndre Jordan, as evident with his numbers. But for those who have seen a ton of him, are the Dwight Howard comparisons realistic or more so Andrew Bynum?

I think he'd (Gordon) be fine if he learns how to bring the ball up the court. That's the load Dwyane Wade doesn't want to carry for 35-40 minutes, but he's pretty much our PG in the half court offense anyways. Gordon actually possesses the skills that Riley would love in a PG. I mean, he basically OK'ed the go ahead triple for J-Will, and Gordon loves coming down the court and lacing up from down town.

His game would compliment Wade's tremendously because of his outside shooting and overall scoring ability. The only problem is whether or not he can develop into a full time 1 (a job much easier when Wade is your 2), because whoever we draft in the top 5 better be a 35-40 MPG guy in the future. ;)

I think I'm the only guy in the world who sees a perfect fit in O.J. Mayo. Obviously not in the top 4, but somewhere after that......he reminds me a ton of Gilbert Arenas.

He might be in some deep doo-doo.

You can say that Jason Williams sucks, but you don't know basketball if you call him turnover prone.

Also, what a way to lose that game tonight. Clearly, I don't want this team to get hot because we have no shot at the playoffs, and we're closing in on the #1 seed..........FOR THE LOTTERY. However, this streak must end. This is flat out embarrassing now. Dwyane Wade was absolutely MUGGED, but you can't expect to get that call when it's Bruce Bowen. He mugs everyone and gets away with it every night.

Back
Top Bottom