The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

RedHotCulpepper said:
The Flyers will win the series if they play like they did last night on four other nights.....They were out shot 58-32 because of the Sabres "speed" and "pressure", and also because the officials continually called EVERY minor thing on the Flyers, which i dont have a problem with, as long as they call it the OTHER way too, and they didn't. I'm not blaming the refs though, the Flyer defenseman didn't play nearly as good enough as it took to win. But the toughness, the effort and the tenacity is one thing i loved to see and one thing that will win us the series if we keep it up.

the sabres definetly outplayed the flyers man, your golaie was the only reason you guys were in the game.

RedHotCulpepper said:
The Flyers will win the series if they play like they did last night on four other nights.....They were out shot 58-32 because of the Sabres "speed" and "pressure", and also because the officials continually called EVERY minor thing on the Flyers, which i dont have a problem with, as long as they call it the OTHER way too, and they didn't. I'm not blaming the refs though, the Flyer defenseman didn't play nearly as good enough as it took to win. But the toughness, the effort and the tenacity is one thing i loved to see and one thing that will win us the series if we keep it up.

The officiating was horrible. I have no idea why the too many men on the ice penalty was overruled. Grier was constantly mugged because he checked Forsberg early in the game. If Philly plays like they did last night it'll be over soon because they had one effective line and Esche kept them in the game.

yea, u better hope they DONT play like they did last night, or it will be over real soon

RedHotCulpepper said:

The "soft" Sabres were more physical than the Flyers all night.

We outplayed the Flyers, we just couldn't cash in oppurtunities to seal it in the end. If the Flyers play this way the whole series and the Sabres start to cash in on the golden chances, it's a sweep.

The reffing was horrible both ways.

How about them Oilers?

I believe I stated that they would give the Wings a hell of a series and the Wings record was a mirage....and got called a lunatic for doing so...

Now the Wings have to go on the road into a tough rink. The Wings are scoring their goals on deflections and lucky bounces. They are damn close to being down 2-0 going back to Edmonton.

Playing the Oilers is a little different then playing Chicago, Columbus and St. Louis every night.

Crisis said:
The "soft" Sabres were more physical than the Flyers all night.

We outplayed the Flyers, we just couldn't cash in oppurtunities to seal it in the end. If the Flyers play this way the whole series and the Sabres start to cash in on the golden chances, it's a sweep.

The reffing was horrible both ways.

Keep telling yourself that, the ones who needed to cash in the Golden Oppertunities were the Flyers, hitting the post and missing several wide open nets is inexcusable. If they play the way they did Friday night tonight, they will win.....The officiating was bad on both sides yes, but worse on the Flyers side, and a strong reason the Flyers were out-shot so badly was the fact that the Sabres had 9 power plays. I mean when you spend a good majority of a game killing power play after power play, not only is it draining physically but the scoring just isn't there. The Flyers are supposed to be one of the top "shorthanded" scoring teams, but those stats are padded because their penalty kill is sometimes so poor it can lead to foolish mistakes for the team on the PP. Though they are a great road penalty killing team like i previously stated.....Anyway, tonight is basically a must win for the Flyers because down 2-0 even if they win both home games i cant see them taking a game 5 or 7 in Buffalo, that "Hockey-Hotbed"!

RedHotCulpepper said:
Keep telling yourself that, the ones who needed to cash in the Golden Oppertunities were the Flyers, hitting the post and missing several wide open nets is inexcusable. If they play the way they did Friday night tonight, they will win.....The officiating was bad on both sides yes, but worse on the Flyers side, and a strong reason the Flyers were out-shot so badly was the fact that the Sabres had 9 power plays. I mean when you spend a good majority of a game killing power play after power play, not only is it draining physically but the scoring just isn't there. The Flyers are supposed to be one of the top "shorthanded" scoring teams, but those stats are padded because their penalty kill is sometimes so poor it can lead to foolish mistakes for the team on the PP. Though they are a great road penalty killing team like i previously stated.....Anyway, tonight is basically a must win for the Flyers because down 2-0 even if they win both home games i cant see them taking a game 5 or 7 in Buffalo, that "Hockey-Hotbed"!

Should've been atleast ten penalties, I have no idea how Hitch**** got out of the too many men on the ice penalty. Philly had one effective line the whole game, Forsberg is great but they need to get another line rolling if they want to win. I have no idea why Grier got attacked everytime on the ice for breathing on Forsberg. I know teams are supposed to protect players but what about attacking one of their own for throwing that buddy pass to Umberger?

RedHotCulpepper said:
Somehow the Sabres set a franchise record with shots and were the ones who cashed in on every oppurtunity?

Look at it this way- it took your goalie's game of his life to even come close to winning. If the Flyers play like that (minus Esche) it's a short series.

LOL. Might wanna change that prediction Dom.

USA! USA! USA!

Back
Top Bottom