The official official BOXING THREAD! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official official BOXING THREAD!

spinks vs. mayweather for the middleweight title. :sleep:

PLEASE do something taylor.

It needs to be Taylor-Pavlik and Calzaghe-Kessler in the fall.

If Taylor wins, he goes up to fight the winner of that fight.

I think Emanuel Stewart is incensed! And he's saying what the entire viewing audience is thinking. That Taylor's making a ****ty fight!

I liked what Jermaine Taylor had to say after the fight.....except "for the most money".

Everybody's trying to make a living. But Taylor is loaded. And he's under fire from the fans and boxing community. He's one of the least popular undefeated champions I can remember. Did you see the empty arena tonight? An arena about 85 miles from his home town.

His focus needs to be making the best fights possible. The money is always going to be there. But he needs to realize that he is NOT a draw right now.

I liked what Jermaine Taylor had to say after the fight.....except "for the most money".

Everybody's trying to make a living. But Taylor is loaded. And he's under fire from the fans and boxing community. He's one of the least popular undefeated champions I can remember. Did you see the empty arena tonight? An arena about 85 miles from his home town.

His focus needs to be making the best fights possible. The money is always going to be there. But he needs to realize that he is NOT a draw right now.

Well bro I have to disagree with you about Jermain or any boxer saying that their fighting for the most money. When it's all said and done, that's what boxers need to do because there is no plan for them to be paid after retirement. And if your going to risk possibly your life, but definitely your health in the ring, you better make sure it's for the most money you can get. But you see that's not a problem for Jermain because if he wants to fight for the most money, HE HAS TO TAKE BIG FIGHTS. You think Jermain made more money fighting Spinks then he would have fighting Calzaghe? Or Winky again? Or any other Middle to Super Middleweight who is at the top of their divisions (Pavlik doesn't count cause he didn't officially rise to Jermain's level until last night)? No he didn't. So therefore if Jermain is serious about making the most money in his next fight, he was no choice but to step up to a worthy opponent because if he doesn't then # 1 he's not living up to his standing as one of the top 10 pound for pound fighters in the world and # 2 he's not living up to his word he will fight the person who offers him the most money!

As far as Jermain the boxer is concerned, last night might as well be considered a loss. I have no problem with Jermain taking 2 lesser fights after fighting Bernard Hopkins twice followed by Winky, but he's got to put someone on their *** if he's going to do that. It's impossible for anyone to believe that Taylor should continue to fight guys like Winky and Bernard every fight because hell, every champ deserves to take an easy mandatory every now and again but he's got to take a real tough fight his next bout because if he doesn't his reputation will be seriously damaged. Jermain is still young and still has a bright future. He should go after Pavlik next. A young puncher who can take one, give one, and who comes forward (something Taylor complained Spinks wouldn't do last night). If he takes that fight, that will go a big way in him gaining back respect from fight fans and the money will definitely be there for that fight after what Pavlik did to Miranda last night!

Calzaghe has agreed in principle to fight Mikkel Kessler in Copenhagen in September!!!!

This probably means will see Pavlik/Taylor get done in the next few weeks as well!!

LONG LIVE THE SWEET SCIENCE!

good news if it's true. you never know with calzaghe. he'll probably come up with some injury.

tarver claims he was drugged vs. hopkins :sidelol:

good news if it's true. you never know with calzaghe. he'll probably come up with some injury.

tarver claims he was drugged vs. hopkins :sidelol:

I saw that. Comedy. Thats the new thing to say when you lose.

WAR COTTO!

clear.gif

My prediction: Cotto wins in a split decision.

Well bro I have to disagree with you about Jermain or any boxer saying that their fighting for the most money. When it's all said and done, that's what boxers need to do because there is no plan for them to be paid after retirement. And if your going to risk possibly your life, but definitely your health in the ring, you better make sure it's for the most money you can get. But you see that's not a problem for Jermain because if he wants to fight for the most money, HE HAS TO TAKE BIG FIGHTS.

I believe it's a fundamentally flawed way for a rich champion to operate.

What he was saying is, if he's offered $7 million to fight a bum and $5 million to fight the #1 contender, he's fighting the bum.

For a guy who's already set for life, what's $2 million?

You see veterans in team sports taking lesser contracts to play for a contender. They've already made a lot of money. Now they want the glory and the legacy.

Taylor's words seem to suggest he isn't concerned with that stuff. Only money.

OT: there is a plan to get paid after retirement. It's called 'investing'. Lots of guys like him (not necessarily him) are motivated by materialism and blow through their money like it's got an expiration date on it. They end up flat broke when their money could have been working for them all the while.

There's nothing wrong with him driving a Lamborghini and enjoying the fruits of his labor as long as long as he's got a solid plan for the future. He's DOES have that option.

Back
Top Bottom