The retirement papers WATCH thread. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The retirement papers WATCH thread.

The fact the players, with the exception of McKinney, aren't ripping Ricky in the press makes me think he told them maybe he would re-consider his decision. So the players are going fairly easy on him and showing him support.

If those papers aren't in by the end of the day today......then the odds of him returning grow rapidly.

If those papers are signed sometime today.....disregard my entire post. lol

phinfan2003 said:
He's not coming back! Ricky has said it's not about the money. Steinberg isn't asking for more money on his behalf. Ricky is done! He doesn't want to be controlled anymore (Translation=He wants to smoke pot with Lenny). I feel that he'll be broke within 5 years unfortunately.
RULE #1: When a guy says its not about the money........THEN ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY!

Scrap said:
He's not coming back. He's burning his bridge with every new statement he makes. Him having an anxiety disorder, I would suspect that it would be much harder for him to come back than to just leave the country. If by chance, he did come back, I'd want to trade him before he can split again.
What the hell team is stupid enough to trade for him? He isn't even worth a 7th round pick. At least you know the 7th round pick will show up for camp next year!

I think they just like him as a person, and understand that he has a lot of problems. That's why he isn't being ripped too hard by his team mates. They are probably quite irritated by the move he made, but understand that Ricky is....well...Ricky.

MikeO said:
What the hell team is stupid enough to trade for him? He isn't even worth a 7th round pick. At least you know the 7th round pick will show up for camp next year!

You'ld probably be suprised how many teams would want him. We wouldn't get much for him. I do agree there.

well I am one fan(of the Phins and Ricky) who deff wants him back. I can accept he has some issues to deal with. I can accept he needed time to think about everything. But like I said I CANNOT accept the way he left. Ricky be a man and apologize to all of South Florida.
Please dont sign those papers.

MikeO said:
The fact the players, with the exception of McKinney, aren't ripping Ricky in the press makes me think he told them maybe he would re-consider his decision. So the players are going fairly easy on him and showing him support.

If those papers aren't in by the end of the day today......then the odds of him returning grow rapidly.
If those papers are signed sometime today.....disregard my entire post. lol

Why is signing the papers today so important?

He said he would fill them out monday or tuesday. If he doesnt then maybe hes having second thoughts.

What you have to remember is that Ricky has been on the WWTT (Whirlwind Wacky Tobacky Tour) with Lenny for the last month, if he does comeback he will be tested, and I would bet he doesn't beat the test. I think that has a lot to do with why he didn't come back in the first place.

If that's all that it is then who gives a Najeh Davenport.
If they aren't signed today big deal. Well this thread is now pointless.

I would take him back for one, no harm, no foul, trainning camp hasn't started yet and there a few players who always hold out for most of trainning camp just so they don't have to go. I have seen people like this through out my life make spilt second decisions only to completely flip sides a day or 2 later. He is probably upset with his whole football situation, being under payed and over worked, he made a quick decision, I think I will retire instead of having Dave "Dumber than Dirt" Wansped run me into a brick wall 400 times a year, Ricky is smart enough to know, the Dolphins will not win with last years game plan Ricky between the tackles once, twice, three times, did he get a first down, if so do it again or if not where's our punter, or are we close enough to miss a field goal, offense.

MikeO said:
RULE #1: When a guy says its not about the money........THEN ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY!
Its usually always about respect. ;) In sports terms. Respect means money.

Cover23 said:
well I am one fan(of the Phins and Ricky) who deff wants him back. I can accept he has some issues to deal with. I can accept he needed time to think about everything. But like I said I CANNOT accept the way he left. Ricky be a man and apologize to all of South Florida.
Please dont sign those papers.

HE HAD FROM DECEMBER ON TO "THINK" ABOUT THINGS!!!!!!!! :eek:

I don't think he will be back. He has done admitted he likes to smoke dope and that he drank agents to help pass the tests. He also said he was stupid for not drinking it before he was tested last time. I would think that the NFL would randomly test him if he came back now and he would have to be drinking gallons of the potion and he don't want to do that. I actually believe he is addicted to it and don't want to have to go through the hassle of trying to hide it. He also said he took a beating last year and a lot people don't know how he felt on Monday mornings. I have heard that we have contacted Green Bay about Davenport, Buff about Henry, Vikes , and there is talk that Edge from the Colts wants to come home. I say as much as I like Ricky as PLAYER let him go. He will regret it though he will be broke and wishing he would have kept himself together and finished his dream.

Back
Top Bottom