this would have been tannehill's breakout season | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this would have been tannehill's breakout season

The correlation between passer rating differential and win percentage in the league since 2004 (the year the rules changed to favor the passing game) is a staggering 0.92, which means that 85% of the variation in win percentage in the NFL is accounted for by quarterback play, your own and the opposing team's.

Now, the only way one gets around that finding is by arguing that passer rating isn't a measure of quarterback play.

If so, then we have to abandon the idea that Ryan Tannehill has played better individually, as measured by his passer ratings, when his offensive line has been healthy.

Are you trying to argue that Peyton Manning in 2013 wasn't better than Peyton Manning in 2015? Or that Kurt Warner wasn't better than Dilfer? Or that Rodgers and Brees aren't better than Flacco?

Because if that is not what you are saying, then you are avoiding the question......

Bingo. Because he knows what it takes to build a team, what it takes to win consistently, and that he can't do it all by himself via #QBwinz

Yes he does, but then again, that's contributed to a dynasty, which is relatively rare.

Surely you aren't arguing that if the Dolphins surround Ryan Tannehill with the requisite talent, they'll have a dynasty?

Hi guys looks who is back... good times.. lets see how this plays out .. lol

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
#Bengals make it official: Bill Lazor is the new OC. Marvin Lewis in a release: “I feel Bill can progress our offense the way we need.”

They need to fire Andy dalton.

That's one team that needs to put all its chips on the table for a qb next year.

Too bad Marvin Lewis can't do cinci a solid and fire himself.

Joe mixon now that kids legit. Get those 2 speed bump backs out of the way.

Are you trying to argue that Peyton Manning in 2013 wasn't better than Peyton Manning in 2015? Or that Kurt Warner wasn't better than Dilfer? Or that Rodgers and Brees aren't better than Flacco?

Because if that is not what you are saying, then you are avoiding the question......

Again, it's passer rating differential, which encompasses not only one's own team's passer rating, but the passer rating of the opposing team.

So yes, Kurt Warner was better than Trent Dilfer, but Kerry Collins was also better than Trent Dilfer. What happened in Trent Dilfer's Super Bowl win, however, was that the Ravens defense held Kerry Collins to a passer rating of seven (yes, seven), while Trent Dilfer's meager passer rating of 81 was associated with a 34-7 blowout.

A passer rating of 81 would normally be associated with no such dominance, and would actually normally be associated with a loss, but the Ravens' legendary defense made it so, by absolutely crippling the opposing QB.

Yes he does, but then again, that's contributed to a dynasty, which is relatively rare.

Surely you aren't arguing that if the Dolphins surround Ryan Tannehill with the requisite talent, they'll have a dynasty?

Can I pick the coaching staff?

So when Barry Switzer took over for Jimmy Johnson and won a super bowl, it wasn't because of the talent on the team it was his coaching?

So when Barry Switzer took over for Jimmy Johnson and won a super bowl, it wasn't because of the talent on the team it was his coaching?

3 head coaches have won both a collegiate National Championship and a Super Bowl. Name them.

Hint: You've named two of them already.

0eZh24w.gif

The NFL has a huge problem on their hands with the amount of bad quarterbacks playing in this league. It's quickly becoming unwatchable.

I don't even know why we're still talking about this. With all the blows this team has taken before it's even played a game, this season should really only be about one person: Head Coach Adam Gase.

This team pulls out 10 wins again, he's Coach of the Year.

Oh, I was wondering how this thread had so many posts, and then I saw that shouwrong was back.

Bring back the old emoticons, I can't properly display my contempt in visual format with these new ones.

The NFL has a huge problem on their hands with the amount of bad quarterbacks playing in this league. It's quickly becoming unwatchable.

It's because a good portion of GM's and HC's are unwilling to adapt and evolve from their prototypical view of how an NFL QB must be a pocket passer.

Bill Lazor is kicked around like a can on here from Tannehill enthusiasts, but we scored the most points per game with him calling plays in like 20 years in 2014.
Hmm.... so what do you believe made Lazor and/or his scheme so good? Specifically?

Again, it's passer rating differential, which encompasses not only one's own team's passer rating, but the passer rating of the opposing team.

So yes, Kurt Warner was better than Trent Dilfer, but Kerry Collins was also better than Trent Dilfer. What happened in Trent Dilfer's Super Bowl win, however, was that the Ravens defense held Kerry Collins to a passer rating of seven (yes, seven), while Trent Dilfer's meager passer rating of 81 was associated with a 34-7 blowout.

A passer rating of 81 would normally be associated with no such dominance, and would actually normally be associated with a loss, but the Ravens' legendary defense made it so, by absolutely crippling the opposing QB.

So team game and #QBwinz is nonsense. Glad we cleared that up.

Back
Top Bottom