THIS. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

THIS.

Semantics...

Laser is arguing there are only two 'foundational' players and then lists our only 'elite' players...

And that's a straw man.

Foundational means they are extremely solid and that you build upon them. Hence... foundation.

By shifting the word into meaning all-pro, you've corrupted the argument.

Straw man arguments make up a considerable percentage of the posts here.

I think Grier did a commendable job given the circumstances

Players that left did it in a Byron jones way… get max $$$ to play for a bad team…

Hit on the draft and we are good
Not really a Grier basher, but the "circumstances" are of his own making.

It's not like he was handed a horrible situation yesterday.

LOL. Chris Grier and the Miami Dolphins winning yet another offseason only to crap the bed when the games count.

How any sane person can still defend Chris Grier is beyond me. I posted the exact same thing many many moons ago and yet nothing has changed. It’s going to be Groundhog Day until we finally get rid of Grier.

It’s so weird how people on this forum have been posting for years that Grier should be fired, and yet he hasn’t been.

It’s almost like people in actual NFL organizations know more than we do.

Except maybe the Raiders and Panthers.

I think the Dolphins have been smart. I love Christian Wilkins, but there’s no way we could keep him for that money. other players were lost, and I’m OK with that. We’ve made some amazing underrated signings. Don’t expect any splash signings. Simmons from Denver might be a possibility.

I don’t disagree but but I don’t think CW is in the Chris jones or Donald category either

He got an elite contract for an excellent player

Ditto to Hunt who got an excellent contract for a very good player

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; the two main issues I have with Grier are:

1) He tries to a fault to give his HC pretty much anything they want.

2) His history of hiring HC who turn into control-freak lunatics hasn’t been great.

He definitely has his share of responsibility for this cap situation, and it cost the team Wilkins and Hunt. I believe the other losses have been offset by the signings, but those two holes have yet to be filled. They’ll be missed.

But I could argue those circumstances were brought about by the acquisition of Hill, Ramsey and Chubb. Without these additions do you think Hunt and Wilkins walk? I don’t. I’ll take Hill, Ramsey and Chubb over Wilkins and Hunt any day.

I don’t disagree but but I don’t think CW is in the Chris jones or Donald category either

He got an elite contract for an excellent player

Ditto to Hunt who got an excellent contract for a very good player
I don't fault our GM in any way for CW leaving. I think Wilkins had his mind set on testing FA, and short of a top contract offer there was little anyone could do about it.

Hunt either. No way I match the contract he got from Carolina.

Ppl using those two "getting away' as examples of a bad GM are not being objective.

But I could argue those circumstances were brought about by the acquisition of Hill, Ramsey and Chubb. Without these additions do you think Hunt and Wilkins walk? I don’t. I’ll take Hill, Ramsey and Chubb over Wilkins and Hunt any day.
I noticed you ignored the premium draft capital given up aspect (not in JRs case).

Maybe you care, maybe you don't, but it is a piece of the equation that should be included if you are going to look at it the way you suggest.

I noticed you ignored the premium draft capital given up aspect (not in JRs case).

Maybe you care, maybe you don't, but it is a piece of the equation that should be included if you are going to look at it the way you suggest.

I love the draft as much as anyone and I’ve gone back and looked at the players available with the Hill and Chubb draft picks. To me Hill is still a no brainer and Chubb is debatable but I didn’t like that draft much. Hill and Ramsey are likely HOF players. I’ll take that over a draft pick any day.

It’s so weird how people on this forum have been posting for years that Grier should be fired, and yet he hasn’t been.

It’s almost like people in actual NFL organizations know more than we do.

Except maybe the Raiders and Panthers.
Oh I certainly believe they know more than we do. I just don't think they make the right decisions based on their knowledge. I mean how many people on this board would have drafted Charles Harris over TJ Watt?

Just because Chris Grier hasn't been fired yet means he's a good GM. ZERO playoff wins. ZERO. And we only made the playoffs last season because we had the easiest schedule in decades. It won't be like that again this year. But you guys keep building statues for Chris Grier. We might win a playoff game or two in ten years. And if not in ten, maybe in twenty.

Grier and perfection in the same breath is an oxymoron.

I mean, we’re on a rebuild of rebuild. I’ve lost count of the words being bandied about with his tenure as GM: “rebuild,” “reset,” and “overhaul” being the most noteworthy.

Whatever you want to call it, the bottom line is that he’s produced zero playoff wins. I call it pathetic, considering the money and draft capital that he had at his disposal.
He cannot control injuries and bone headed coaching decisions! He can't stop a coach from throwing bubble screens on 2nd and 1 and putting us in 3rd and 7! He can't tell a defensive coaching staff to pull Chubb out of a blow out game so that he won't tear his damn knee up in a game we had no chance of winning!!!!!

He can't run up to the booth and tell a stubborn defensive cordinator to put a top 3 corner on the opposing teams best wide out that is catching ball after ball after ball after ball vs our 3rd or 4th corner!

Did you hate us getting Reek? Did you hate us getting Chubb? Did you hate us getting Ramsey? If the answer is no well those players cost money and cap room!!! We all knew this day would come but when it is off in the horizon fans don't care but when it arrives everyone wants to point fingers!!

Agreed. He’s on a roll every year - but we don’t win divisions or playoff games.

He’s bringing in guys. But the talent out > talent in by a mile. So we’ll see if we’re as good this year as last year.
He “kills” it every year and miami has nothing to show for it every year. Somehow though this year will be different, once Tua’s extended he’s going to be MVP this year.

Certainly making the playoffs and a first round exit two years in row, while also using injuries as the prevailing excuse is the gold standard that every organization should hope to aspire toward.

It has nothing to do with negligent overspending, failed draft picks, and a puzzling overarching philosophy.

Building from the inside-out is just fool’s gold, it’s just much more intelligent building a track team of small players that don’t travel in cold weather to continually get punched in the mouth when it matters the most. Chris Grier truly is a genius with roster construction!

Hmm, the AFC East. Do you think that we might play in any cold weather games this year? Nah, probably not. Global warming! Hey, at least we know that the team travels well in sub-forty degree weather and can play a physical brand of football? Right?! Right-O.

Clearly trending upward. Reality and history be damned, we have hopes and prayers (along with a visionary like Chris Grier) as our foundation.

Wonderful.
It’s a shame how this fanbase has evolved to be ok with mediocrity. The dolphins used to be a top notch franchise where the expectations wasn’t just making the playoffs but winning several playoff games every year.

Back
Top Bottom