Those that want Gase fired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those that want Gase fired

I'm not necessarily on the fire Gace bandwagon but he has a glaring head coaching issue if the team has regressed, players that dont know plays wtc, he has to take that responsibility. That's a huge issue for any head coach in any organization and he's directly responsible for that so he's on thin ice probably next year. This is so typical of an organization like the Browns so we have really sunk to the bottom again this year

The press conference of Gase said it all. No one doing their homework. He calls simple plays so that there is a better chance of everyone doing there job and executing. Two things are clear.
Hard to get self entitled players to take the next step to become great as EVERTHING was done for them through high school and college.
Gase is going to get players who want to be great at their jobs, not just showing up at game time like they have been able to do their whole lives.

Anyone in manegement knows to get the self motivated, highly trainable people over the superstars who will not give an ounce of extra effort every time.

At what point does this become the problem with Gase. If this was almost any other team in any other sport the coach and be out the door. He has all responsibility if his players aren't doing what he needs them to do. If this is been going on for 2 years and we're still in regression I'm afraid it's his fault.

All things considered, I think Gase is doing a good job. He lost his QB. The offensive line sucks. What is he supposed to do? Yes, he and the FO showed a lack of talent evaluation by trading Albert for Thomas and not investing more resources in the offensive line, but those mistakes can be learned from.

No new coach is going to be a panacea for solving this teams problem. Any new coach is going to have strengths and flaws. Some people will learn from mistakes others won't.

Gase is a good coach. He is a leader of men, the players respond to him. He needs to be given time to learn from his mistakes so he can become better. If you want to have long-term success, it's important for him to develop as a coach.

A new coach would stop this process and it would have to start anew.

There are no magic bullets to solve problems. Just learning and hard work.

All things considered, I think Gase is doing a good job. He lost his QB. The offensive line sucks. What is he supposed to do? Yes, he and the FO showed a lack of talent evaluation by trading Albert for Thomas and not investing more resources in the offensive line, but those mistakes can be learned from.

No new coach is going to be a panacea for solving this teams problem. Any new coach is going to have strengths and flaws. Some people will learn from mistakes others won't.

Gase is a good coach. He is a leader of men, the players respond to him. He needs to be given time to learn from his mistakes so he can become better. If you want to have long-term success, it's important for him to develop as a coach.

A new coach would stop this process and it would have to start anew.

There are no magic bullets to solve problems. Just learning and hard work.
Disagree a bit. Gase said his line is fine, he said the quarterbacks fine. Now he comes out with blame for just about everybody else that frankly I wasn't aware was an issue. When is the blame going to be focused on the coaches? He seems frustrated possibly in over his head and has few answers other than pointing the fingers at his star players, maybe the same players that got him the record last year. This is a coaching issue before it is a player issue in my opinion. If players don't do what they're supposed to do they should not be on the field. Why wait till mid-season to point the fingers at something that's been going on for 2 years. There's a lot of contradiction to this in my view.

As frustrating it was to us fans watching the game on tv, can you imagine standing on the sidelines and having the cameras constantly be pointing at you while your team gets dismantled in a 40-0 route? I bet there is no one who wants to get this fixed as badly as Gase. He isn't going anywhere.
Agreed....and he shouldn't go anywhere. Give the man a couple more years to turn this thing around.

If this continues the way it has been in two years we will be bounced to the CFL.

BB’s success is not because he is this great motivator. My goodness have you seen his presors and after game speeches? He looks like he would rather take a hot poker to the eye.
Some evil genius? It is foot ball, not rocket science or brain surgery.
His players know, you do your job, you put in more effort than the guy across from you. You out hustle the other team. If you don’t he will replace you. It took Bill a couple of years to find the right guys.

Fair enough, I hope you're right I like Gase. Pretty alarming stuff that's going on though.

Disagree a bit. Gase said his line is fine, he said the quarterbacks fine. Now he comes out with blame for just about everybody else that frankly I wasn't aware was an issue. When is the blame going to be focused on the coaches? He seems frustrated possibly in over his head and has few answers other than pointing the fingers at his star players, maybe the same players that got him the record last year. This is a coaching issue before it is a player issue in my opinion. If players don't do what they're supposed to do they should not be on the field. Why wait till mid-season to point the fingers at something that's been going on for 2 years. There's a lot of contradiction to this in my view.

I think your criticism is fair. Regarding QB, you could say he misevaluated Cuter vs. Kaepernick. Other than that what is the org supposed to do since Tannenhill got hurt ? Seems like he hid a lot of flaws on the line.

Agreed.

He even came out a few weeks ago and laughed off how bad we were, saying things were ALOT worse last season when we were 1-4.

Sure, we had a worse record, but at least we score points!

Now he says this has been going on for 2 years and its the players that arent putting in the work. I'm not buying it.

I am unsure.... Gase came out early on saying that he had no idea what is wrong with the offense and that he doesn't know what to do to fix it. This was almost to the point where he seemed incompetent.

Now he is saying the players are not playing for him? He seems to be throwing something new at the wall each week to see what sticks. I have never seen a coach respond this way to a loss.

It sounds like he has been compromising with players not putting in effort because they were more talented and because the team was still managing to win, and now he's sick of it and not going to put up with it anymore after being embarrassed (again) by the Ravens.

Of course, this is all according to Gase and there's no guarantee that it's accurate, but I can understand why he has done what he's done if this is the case. Now it's up to him to stop talking and start holding players accountable.

Back
Top Bottom