To everyone who wants to Blame Tannehill | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To everyone who wants to Blame Tannehill

I just want to know why Lamar Miller is killing drives running so far south, east, and west, everywhere but north.

Because he's looking for a hole that isn't there. Since there are no holes, he has to try to turn the corner. To get to the corner, you have to run east or west.

The Panthers had a great game plan. They took away the run, challenged us to beat them with the long ball, and we couldn't do it.

im tired of the excuses for RT. he's not getting any better nor is he making the players around him better.

Actually he has been getting better, but those with the agenda against him just DON'T want to see it.

Ryan Tannehill is decent, we just don't know what he's good at yet still. He wants to be a pocket passer but isn't accurate on deep balls, shows pretty good accuracy on the intermediate routes. He's athletic enough to roll out and design plays around, yet its just a sprinkle. He is also not being utilized right like wallace, but we can't afford to toss games away and leave big plays on the field. Doesn't make sense having a speed wr if we don't have a qb that can hit that play (EVERYTIME). He needs to hit those every time. I just don't think these guys practice enough.

Ask yourself why this QB fas failed to generate 30 points in all but ONE complete game since he got here.

You obviously have either never played the game or you just don't know how the world works. The kid is playing behind the worst o-line in the NFL with no RB's, no TE, average WR's and probably the worst o-coordinator in the league. Name another QB in the NFL that has been dealt that sh!tty hand and is successful? He's actually lucky to be alive or not on IR. THE KID STILL THREW FOR 300 YESTERDAY and is ranked 11th in total yds, 9th in completions, 13th in yds/game, and 14th in TDs (tied with Luck and Rogers), and all this with no talent and bad coaching around him. So before you go spouting off at the mouth get your facts straight. We have lots of problems, but he's the least of them.

You obviously have either never played the game or you just don't know how the world works. The kid is playing behind the worst o-line in the NFL with no RB's, no TE, average WR's and probably the worst o-coordinator in the league. Name another QB in the NFL that has been dealt that sh!tty hand and is successful? He's actually lucky to be alive or not on IR. THE KID STILL THREW FOR 300 YESTERDAY and is ranked 11th in total yds, 9th in completions, 13th in yds/game, and 14th in TDs (tied with Luck and Rogers), and all this with no talent and bad coaching around him. So before you go spouting off at the mouth get your facts straight. We have lots of problems, but he's the least of them.

The least of this team's problems are defensive line, punter, and cornerbacks.

However, on offense I would agree that QB is the position of least concern for me right now. I like Charles Clay, but he is an H-Back, not a tight end. As true tight ends, we have... Sims and Egnew. Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline are solid receivers -- they are good at what they do -- but the problem is that they are both limited in certain respects and we really lack a complementary player for them with Gibson hurt. Matthews has great potential, but isn't there yet.

and with all that said, and all the stats listed, i could care less about luck and rogers who's not even playing right now(rogers). the kid needs to get better like forever now. Tannehill can't blame anyone but himself and he won't, but everyone else on here tends to throw his average stats out like its ok to have low expectations on the kid. Lets have low expectations for tannehill but have high expectations for wallace…

Losing Gibson and Keller has hurt the offense as a whole without a doubt. But the offensive line was subpar from week 1. I contend a good oline and we would've won 8 games so far.

The least of this team's problems are defensive line, punter, and cornerbacks.

However, on offense I would agree that QB is the position of least concern for me right now. I like Charles Clay, but he is an H-Back, not a tight end. As true tight ends, we have... Sims and Egnew. Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline are solid receivers -- they are good at what they do -- but the problem is that they are both limited in certain respects and we really lack a complementary player for them with Gibson hurt. Matthews has great potential, but isn't there yet.

Losing Gibson and Keller has hurt the offense as a whole without a doubt. But the offensive line was subpar from week 1. I contend a good oline and we would've won 8 games so far.

I think that if Keller had stayed healthy and we had signed Bryant McKinnie in FA, this team would have won the Baltimore and Buffalo games, which would get us to 7. In the Baltimore game, our tackles got crushed at the end of the game and their coverage left holes in the middle of the field -- and Clay dropped two passes on that last drive that hurt us. I think Keller would have given us a win option there. In the Bills game, better pass protection and a tight end who is better off the line against Mario Williams is probably the difference. Just my two cents on that, though.

Just looked up an interesting stat, Tannehill is on pace for 22 TDs, we haven't had a QB do that since Dan Marino did it in 1998. Not bad considering we lost 2 of his biggest weapons and 4/5s of the o-line (which was garbage to begin with).

Tell me who offence MVP of the Carolina game was on who is the offensive MVP for the season is?

and with all that said, and all the stats listed, i could care less about luck and rogers who's not even playing right now(rogers). the kid needs to get better like forever now. Tannehill can't blame anyone but himself and he won't, but everyone else on here tends to throw his average stats out like its ok to have low expectations on the kid. Lets have low expectations for tannehill but have high expectations for wallace…

Another clueless poster. Stats matter, which is why they keep them. They show me that Tannehill is comparing favorably to the other young QB's he was drafted with, like RG3 and Luck. In case you didn't know it he has the same number of TDs that they do with ALOT less talent around him. That's very relevant to me. Also Tannehill hasn't been here "like forever" he's been here LIKE less than two years. Also, no one has low expectations for him on this board, quite the opposite, but anyone that says he hasn't gotten better, or that he isn't very talented, isn't paying attention. I'd like to see anyone else stand behind that crappy, makeshift o-line and even complete a pass, much less throw for 300 yds against a top defense. He has missed some deep throws, but he also has no time, has no running game to take the pressure off and is on pace to set a league record for being sacked. People like you wouldn't know talent if it bit you in the a$$. The kid has a ton of talent but it has been obscured by an inept front office. He also hasn't played the position very long, so lets give him a good o-line, a good coordinator and some weapons and let's see how he does. On Wallace, he can't throw it to himself. He mostly runs patterns that require time, which is something our QB never has. Even the deep throw he made last night he threw it while he was rolling out--that takes talent. Our front office has failed to put Tannehill in a position to be successful and that, more than anything else, has slowed his development as a player.

To be fair to Wallace, that was a crappy throw. He had to change directions and come back across the defender. Had Tannehill led him out to the left, Wallace has steps on the defender and has a much better chance of making that catch.

Watch the play again. Wallace made 2 adjustments to the ball, the first one was wrong and then he tried to make a second correction. That's on him. Tannehill was hit as he threw the ball and still got it roughly 70 yards down field and put it on Wallace's hands. Wallace has to make that catch. Period.

Back
Top Bottom