Tom Brady To Announce His Retirement | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady To Announce His Retirement

The only thing extraordinary about Brady is his longevity and wherewithal to understand that he was never good enough to carry a team and took pay cuts and such in order to surround himself with good players. His average athletic ability was nothing special. His career is filled with cheating, great defenses and ST's play, and good health because you can't touch a QB (especially Brady) in today's NFL. Sure, after 22 years in the league there was nothing he hadn't seen (and yes, he had a great work ethic too), so the game ws slow for him. But again, cheating and staying healthy are the reasons for that.

Basically, Brady was a smart QB who took advantage of a great situation and was able to play 5-10 seasons longer than the real GOAT's of the game.

Good riddance...

Last edited:
My favorites will always be Bob Griesie and Dan Marino. I could care less about the rest.

I respect his on field achievements
I dislike him intensely as a human

Happy Pamela Anderson GIF by Kanye West

The '80s? How does that myth persist? It's like you guys are desperate to include Marino so you're forced to pretend the '80s were a difficult era for quarterbacks.

Regardless, this is a sensible time for Brady to retire. He enhanced his legacy and legend via the export Super Bowl. It made sense to try it again one more time in 2021, just like the '90s Bulls didn't want to be closed down before dethroned. The final images of Brady would be after an excellent season and narrow playoff defeat, not after a sad dramatic loss of skill.

Please, you can’t even land on a QB when you sack him now. It’s completely different experience playing QB then, to now, when you almost always expect a flag and time a QB appears to be in pain after any type of contact.

Not to mention the pass interference and defensive holding penalties.

I’m all for player safety but the game has been altered too much.

Back
Top Bottom