Trading up for Sewell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading up for Sewell

Marks Brothers

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know realistically this would never happen with Cincy most likely being locked into the 3 spot and wanting someone to protect Burrow, but wanted some thoughts anyway. This would assume the Fins picking around 6-7 and trying to move up 3-4 spots. If the pick is in the 10-12 range, that would probably be too far down for Cincy to even listen to an offer. What would it take and what would you offer? Would you be willing to offer up both 1A and 1B? Not sure if 1A and 2A would be enough.

I know realistically this would never happen with Cincy most likely being locked into the 3 spot and wanting someone to protect Burrow, but wanted some thoughts anyway. This would assume the Fins picking around 6-7 and trying to move up 3-4 spots. If the pick is in the 10-12 range, that would probably be too far down for Cincy to even listen to an offer. What would it take and what would you offer? Would you be willing to offer up both 1A and 1B? Not sure if 1A and 2A would be enough.
If he falls to our houston pick, I'd be happy if we got him. I don't want to give up extra picks to do it though. I like the depth of this draft, and we can get two really good players with those two picks. I'd be very disappointed if we use three picks on him.

The price would be too high, and it might not be possible to get into the Top 3.

NYJ and JAX are taking QB's and Sewell is the perfect pick for Cincy to make, they could not have planned it better.

I can't see any of them being willing to move down, unless JAX doesn't love any of the non Lawrence QB's.

They might be willing to move down from 2 but probably not all the way to 7-9 without Miami having to give them the farm.

IF Sewell was the last piece to a Super Bowl team I might do it but that obviously is not the case. Miami needs a OT but they don't need the very best one in the Draft, they just need a good one.

The price it would take would only be justified by a QB.

Don't trade up for OT's unless you're absolutely desperate and the rest of the class is absolute trash.

The difference between good and great isn't worth it.
I would trade our 2020 1st, our 2021 1st and 2nd, Davenport and Grant for the 3rd pick and take Sewell. Well, if Cincinnati also gave us a fourth round pick

That price is just too high for an OT, even a great one.

As j-off-her-doll said you do not need to have a great RT, just a very good one.

I want a Pro Bowl caliber guy protecting Tua's blindside, I do not need a All Pro over there.

IF the Fins were picking that high i would take him in a heartbeat but I am not paying all those picks to get him it just is not necessary.

That price is just too high for an OT, even a great one.

As j-off-her-doll said you do not need to have a great RT, just a very good one.

I want a Pro Bowl caliber guy protecting Tua's blindside, I do not need a All Pro over there.

IF the Fins were picking that high i would take him in a heartbeat but I am not paying all those picks to get him it just is not necessary.
I was joking. I'm not Bill O'Brien.

You can bet Reggie is scouting OTs and before he gets grabbed as a GM elsewhere

he'll be leaving Mister Grier an excellent list to explore! No reason to get silly

and burn draft capital trading up for OT when we have so much existing

young talent developing in our OL incubator (large tank secretly housed in Davie).

Beyond that I think folks are discounting Hunt way too much. He's done pretty good

as a rookie RT and I think we all know he'll be improving into Y2. But yeah, we can

afford to add more comp/depth at OT.

You can bet Reggie is scouting OTs and before he gets grabbed as a GM elsewhere

he'll be leaving Mister Grier an excellent list to explore! No reason to get silly

and burn draft capital trading up for OT when we have so much existing

young talent developing in our OL incubator (large tank secretly housed in Davie).

Beyond that I think folks are discounting Hunt way too much. He's done pretty good

as a rookie RT and I think we all know he'll be improving into Y2. But yeah, we can

afford to add more comp/depth at OT.
But if we draft an OT, Hunt can move to RG, and Kindley can move to LG.

If I'm Miami, I'd be more likely to trade down, unless the team has to have one of Chase, Smith or Waddle. From this seat, there are a number of wide receivers who would instantly help the Dolphins including Marshall, Bateman, Moore, and St. Brown who all figure in the 1st round.

The one that player that I might trade up for if he fell close to Miami's pick is Parsons. I just don't know if there's another mlb who fits what Flores wants at the position. But, it would have to be a reasonable trade, not two 1st rounders or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom