Trading up for Sewell | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading up for Sewell

Respect your opinion CK, always have.

Absolutely and 100% disagree with everything in the middle and at the end of this post though. Blindside protection is absolutely critical to keeping your QB healthy. We're also talking about protecting a "generational franchise QB talent" that we just drafted last year who had a major injury come off a blindside take down.

Has there ever been a QB who wasn't more bothered by pressure coming into his face rather than unknown pressure bearing down the blindside? Sure he may be more bothered and thrown off by it, but the blindside hits that you don't see coming are the ones that will make careers much shorter.

This isn't 1980's thinking as someone alluded too, it's just common sense. Suggesting shotgun formations eliminated the blindside is asinine. It's still the side the QB is most likely to take a brutal unseen hit from.
I tend to agree. I also think a player as talented as Sewell could make that switch.

Also, if you look at quarterback fumbles I'd venture to say more than 70 percent come on blindside hits.

You absolutely take Sewell if he's there at 3. If the Jets draft him at 2 (which I don’t see, I see them taking Fields, Wilson or trading down) you draft Parsons or trade down within the top 10 for an absolute haul.

Sewell needs to be the pick if he's there. He gives us an elite o line if we can also add a good center and he was 17 years old as a freshman starting tossing around 20 and 21 year olds. The kid is incredibly special.
This 1000%.

If Sewell isn't there, I think we trade down...we have so many players we can take later that would help immediately. But you don't pass on this kind of talent.

Respect your opinion CK, always have.

Absolutely and 100% disagree with everything in the middle and at the end of this post though. Blindside protection is absolutely critical to keeping your QB healthy. We're also talking about protecting a "generational franchise QB talent" that we just drafted last year who had a major injury come off a blindside take down.

Has there ever been a QB who wasn't more bothered by pressure coming into his face rather than unknown pressure bearing down the blindside? Sure he may be more bothered and thrown off by it, but the blindside hits that you don't see coming are the ones that will make careers much shorter.

This isn't 1980's thinking as someone alluded too, it's just common sense. Suggesting shotgun formations eliminated the blindside is asinine. It's still the side the QB is most likely to take a brutal unseen hit from.

I appreciate what you’re saying but I just don’t agree.

I didn’t see Cincinnati move Anthony Munoz to right tackle, nor did Jacksonville move Tony Boselli to right tackle.

And I absolutely do believe shotgun offense has mitigated at least part of the “blind side” thing.

Back
Top Bottom