Trading up for Sewell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading up for Sewell

But if we draft an OT, Hunt can move to RG, and Kindley can move to LG.
I get that play. But you're assuming change = better. Not always the case.

Tho Hunt may be "better" at G ----- that is pure speculation at this point.

We don't have enough info to know how Grier + Flo see the chess moves on OL.

Obviously if they go after an OT early that will tell us a lot.

But there are also other possibilities in the mix -- including Flowers at RT

or... Davenport. Before you rebut -- I'm just recalling how positive Flo was

back in TC re Davenport. So I don't know -- tho perhaps a very minor indication

is -- Dolphins website roster lists Hunt as G/T. It's a mystery to me...

Hunt is a natural OG that they are trying to transition into an OT.

It may work out but I think it is safe to say he makes a better G than a T, especially early in his career.

I like the future OL of Jackson and a real OT on the outside with Kindley and Hunt at the G spots.

C is a bit up in the air as Karras has been fine but could clearly be upgraded, with some pretty decent option in this Draft beyond Creed Humphrey.

Hunt is a natural OG that they are trying to transition into an OT.

It may work out but I think it is safe to say he makes a better G than a T, especially early in his career.

I like the future OL of Jackson and a real OT on the outside with Kindley and Hunt at the G spots.

C is a bit up in the air as Karras has been fine but could clearly be upgraded, with some pretty decent option in this Draft beyond Creed Humphrey.
I stopped reading after your first line. As that is pure speculation on your part.

I just want a center this year. We can get another tackle next year if necessary.

I stopped reading after your first line. As that is pure speculation on your part.
How is it speculation?

He played OG early and was moved to OT because he was Louisiana's best OL.

Not to mention that his skill set is obviously better suited to the interior since he is such a strong short area mauler type.

The hope is he has the feet to play OT in the NFL and if they were asking him to be a traditional RT(for a right handed QB)and I would be all for it.I love a RT who is a strong run blocker.

But Tua's health and welfare will be in his hands(or feet)and I just don't think he is up to it.

I could be wrong and I will be happy if I am and he turns out to be terrific there.

History/stats are unequivocal that you're better off with more picks than a few high picks in the NFL draft.

Miami proved that in spades last draft. I don't see any way they would stray from the policy that worked so well and trade up for Sewell, esp after the heavy OL investment in 2020

History/stats are unequivocal that you're better off with more picks than a few high picks in the NFL draft.

Miami proved that in spades last draft. I don't see any way they would stray from the policy that worked so well and trade up for Sewell, esp after the heavy OL investment in 2020
At some point I would like to take a shot on elite talent and trade up but we are not quite there yet. But no this year I do not want to trade up. With the first pick I would like to stay put but with the depth of talent I would not mind moving back after that on any of our other picks.

Not saying I agree with Jeremiah that he's better than Sewell. But Slater is pretty appealing if we can get him at 1b considering he can play all 5 positions on the OL to a v high standard. Would love Sewell if he wasn't out of reach.

I like Slater too but not that much.

Pretty bold take on putting him above Sewell.

If he sticks with that up to and through the Draft that will be a ranking he will look back on sadly.

Sewell is the best OT in YEARS, not just this Draft.

I assume him not playing has something to do with it.

Interestingly the Kyle Crabbs guy over at thedraftnetwork compares Slater to Robert Hunt.

Not saying I agree with Jeremiah that he's better than Sewell. But Slater is pretty appealing if we can get him at 1b considering he can play all 5 positions on the OL to a v high standard. Would love Sewell if he wasn't out of reach.

that dude definitely moves better than Robert Hunt in space

If our franchise QB was a righty like 99% of them, I’d entertain the idea of trading up for the best left tackle prospect in the last decade.

But since Tua is a lefty I don’t see the value. Austin Jackson looks like a good young left tackle. We need to tighten up that right side.

I'm hearing a lot of stuff about Cinny taking Chase at three to pair him with the gimp..

Back
Top Bottom